Summer transfer rumours

Did I say that? No. That said our recruitment in recent times, given the scouting structure we supposedly have in place across Europe and comparing the activities of other similar clubs, is not overly impressive.
For the money we've got to play with, I think our scouting team/eh do a reasonable job. If you promote someone from the championship, I think your going for potential and we've done that relatively successfully, look at cook and king for examples of that. I don't think we payed 10m for the pair and they are worth up to 50m now. Hyndman and mahoney we could get back at least what we payed for them!

Did I say that? No. That said our recruitment in recent times, given the scouting structure we supposedly have in place across Europe and comparing the activities of other similar clubs, is not overly impressive.

You said we hesitated

Where’s your evidence for that?

I've heard from someone who knows someone at the club, we are actuALly signing somebody on Wednesday/Thursday. : )

Can't say to much ;) ( I've got a suitcase full of used notes to count) : )

Borussia Dortmund now in for Rico.

A lot of the transfer talk results from agents stoking up interest in their players. Rico is probably a good example of this, and, if the rumours are true and he ends up at Dortmund then he's done his job. Realistically Dortmund v AFCB is a no-brainer of a decision for a player to make.

Personally, based on zero football knowledge, I think we need at least two more signings.
You're far too modest Rob.
I have a comprehensive, in depth, encyclopaedic knowledge of football gained by devoting my life to playing, watching, administering, studying and reading about the game for nearly seventy years, and I haven't got a clue how many new players we need or who we should sign apart from thinking that Reuben Loftus-Cheek looks like he might be a good fit in our team:(.
:utc:

According to Social Media, the two player we need to sign are Someone and Anybody. I've not heard of them before - anyone got any details about them?

Apparently they're better than Noah Body, keep hearing the name Weah Desperate. Anyone got any info? : )

left back diego rico absent from training at leganes today according to my sauce (twitter)

was our top target before the diego laxalt link iirc

Still negotiating with regards to Lerma according to Sky! I could do with this window shutting as it’s killing the battery on my phone!

I'd love Mepham he looks a perfect fit for us, but I just dont think we're prepared to spend what Brentford demand for potential. For that money we need guarantee ala Ake.

I think perhaps we need to wait until the player gets to the point where he's gone as far as he can at Brentford, is more proven, then see how the land lies. Currently he's obviously very settled learning his trade at Championship level and Brentford have no reason to sell and thus can ask whatever price they like.

We should be looking at other targets for now, i assume we have more than one right sided defender on a list somewhere. Maybe stuck to Eddie's fridge or something.

I'd love Mepham he looks a perfect fit for us, but I just dont think we're prepared to spend what Brentford demand for potential. For that money we need guarantee ala Ake.

I think perhaps we need to wait until the player gets to the point where he's gone as far as he can at Brentford, is more proven, then see how the land lies. Currently he's obviously very settled learning his trade at Championship level and Brentford have no reason to sell and thus can ask whatever price they like.

We should be looking at other targets for now, i assume we have more than one right sided defender on a list somewhere. Maybe stuck to Eddie's fridge or something.
Surely he would like to treble his salary with us and unfortunately player power is what it's all about now. I don't think Brentford will get promoted next season, this might be a once life time oportunity for him.

I wonder if Brentford are playing hard ball hoping someone will bite at the ridiculous asking price. It does happen.

If we wait it out and come deadline day there is no other interest, they maybe more open to a more realistic bid. Probably Mepham himself might need to drive this if he really wants the move - although I’m not necessarily sure if coming here to bench warm would actually be in his best interests if he’s happy and playing at Brentford

;