Summer transfer rumours

Would say that we need to replace Daniels more urgently?
We probably do. But this is no doubt just one possible signing of a few! As soon as one position is mentioned many clamour for others. Do they not think EH has a list which is slightly longer than one player/position?

£20 million on a 28 year old before wages are taken into consideration? He won't be coming to us or Burnley then.

So Rodriguez' value has risen by 80% in a year, has it ? How do they justify that then ??

He'd hardly played for 2 years prior to signing for West Brom, due to injuries. Last season he seemed to remain injury free, as such his value has increased. Whether its justified is another matter all together!

Bmth will say they want £10m for Benik, but if he does go it will be nearer £5m. Similarly, Rodriguez will probably be sold for around £12m

So Rodriguez' value has risen by 80% in a year, has it ? How do they justify that then ??

Newcastle another club linked with him (besides King).

If it becomes a bidding war then the price could go up. Otherwise accept what a club offers or stick to your guns if you want to keep the player.

I thought the final sentence neatly summed up the majority of players we are linked with:

Monchu’s decision to commit his future to Barcelona will come as a blow for Bournemouth, but at least they’ve helped him get a big pay rise.

In other words we probably weren't in the running at all - just a ploy from his agent to bump up the next offer put on the table.

Well you've got to be in it to win it I suppose, we'll never sign anyone if we don't express an interest and offer some terms. We know we can sign players from the Championship, why not see if we can spread our wings a bit.

Wolves are set to trigger Benik Afobe’s £12.5m release clause, allowing the Bournemouth striker to return to Molineux on a permanent deal.
SSN understands talks are at an advanced stage for Afobe, who scored six goals in seven starts after signing on loan for the Championship winners in January.
Bournemouth paid Wolves a then club record fee of £10m for Afobe in January 2016.

Could be one of those that works out well for all parties. If that price is accurate though, I don't think we can really be losers! Fingers crossed.

I do wonder though, I know we saw inconsistent glimpses of an effective Afobe, but could this be another example of a striker leaving and becoming successful elsewhere. I feel like our forward play has become a little confused in setup.

Wilson was our main man for a couple of years, then got injured, King had to step in/up but since his return, trying to play both of them in different ways and then the people we have brought in hasn't really worked.

I just think Afobe's brain and legs are not quick enough to be effective at this level, for the split seconds that count here. He's not a bad player, we shouldn't just slag him off "yeah he's crap" because he's leaving. Clearly rather good in the championship, and we've seen he can make a nuisance of himself at this level, an when on top of his game can bag a few goals. But he's never going to be prolific at this level. He's never going to bag double figures like King can.

;