Summer transfer rumours

Leicester are in the final stages of selling Mahrez to Man City whilst are in "advanced stages" of spending that money on both attacking midfielder James Maddison (Norwich) and winger Jack Grealish (Aston Villa). And are also interested in Man City's winger Patrick Roberts, perhaps as part of a Mahrez deal.

Leicester signing all these wingers/attacking midfielders. You know who might find himself down the pecking order and available for the right price? You know who we've been obsessed with for years?

I might be putting 2 plus 2 together and getting 73, but...
My Demari Gray senses are tingling....

Leicester are in the final stages of selling Mahrez to Man City whilst are in "advanced stages" of spending that money on both attacking midfielder James Maddison (Norwich) and winger Jack Grealish (Aston Villa). And are also interested in Man City's winger Patrick Roberts, perhaps as part of a Mahrez deal.

Leicester signing all these wingers/attacking midfielders. You know who might find himself down the pecking order and available for the right price? You know who we've been obsessed with for years?

Wasn't there a small thread on this...? :innocent:

Come on, you know you want to bring it back to the top!

SSN just over an hour ago.

FULHAM JOIN MADDISON RACE
Fulham are the latest Premier League club interested in signing Norwich City’s player of the year James Maddison.

A host of Premier League teams continue to monitor the England U21s progress include Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Man City and Southampton.

The former Coventry midfielder, signed for £2.5m in 2016, is presently recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered at Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the season.

SSN understands the 21-year old, who scored 15 goals last season, is recovering ahead of schedule from the injury and is due to begin running again in July.

With parachute payments now coming to an end, Norwich look set to cash in on Maddison - and are looking to recoup £20-£25m for him.

Brighton supposedly in for Reading Defender Liam Moore. Bid rejected twice. Reading want £15million. Very good player, would fit in here but that is bloody nuts.

What I miss so much lately about the transfer season nowadays is nobody is claiming to be 'in the loop'!
We used to get loads saying they were in the loop and he is leaving and so and so is signing and so and so was seen on the beach with Tinders.
Just not the same :cry::cry:

I walk to work on the beach every morning but I'm not sure if I would want to stick anything on the net publically. The internet has changed and if something is being tied up the last thing the club want is some bloke letting it out on his morning commute alerting every other club via the press and having the polar opposite effect we want.

Wierd isn't it. I think Fabiansky is a really good goalie, but we seem to be well sorted and well balanced in that department.

Prices have gone even more nuts. Unfortunately for us a lot of teams are looking to strengthen their defence. I don't think there are going to be many bargains to be had

Fabiansky would be great. Boruc signing another year is good (and I am a fan of his), but that's all it will be. Fabiansky will be a great competition for Begovic for another few years at least.

Not sure about Ramsdale. He is still young in goalkeeping terms, needs a year or so in the Championship as a first team keeper if he is to be considered anywhere near our first team. He has just finished a loan stint at the 92nd team in the football league. Can't imagine that will lead to him even making cup starts with us.

Well he's currently England U21 keeper (behind Woodman) and whilst Chesterfield got relegated that at least means he had plenty to do in his loan spell there. I think next loan to a League One or maybe lower Champs club and he'll be ready to challenge next season (19/20). That said, I thought similar about Rocky

Fabianski, good keeper, no doubt but we're stocked, unless someone bids for Boruc (not likely) then is pointless as we're well stocked, would prefer to see money spent elsewhere

What would Fabianski cost? Maybe £12m
How much of an improvement would he be on Begovic? Perhaps 2% at a stretch

The real question is how much of an improvement could we get on Daniels for the same money? I'd say at least 25%.

For me signing Fabianski makes absolutely no sense from a squad balance perspective or financially.

Felix Beijmo the latest link, apparently Wolves also after him. a 20 year old right back who seems to have been playing first team football since he was 17. Actually sounds very interesting based on that (and not a lot else).

The original link for our resident Swedish speaker to help tell us what it really says: https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/beijmo-nara-att-kopas-loss-av-storklubben/

and then the interpretation from one of the usual suspects:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bournemouth-linked-wolves-target-club-chief-confirms-interest/

;