Summer transfer rumours

Felix Beijmo the latest link, apparently Wolves also after him. a 20 year old right back who seems to have been playing first team football since he was 17. Actually sounds very interesting based on that (and not a lot else).

The original link for our resident Swedish speaker to help tell us what it really says: https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/beijmo-nara-att-kopas-loss-av-storklubben/

and then the interpretation from one of the usual suspects:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bournemouth-linked-wolves-target-club-chief-confirms-interest/

According to the article, Bournemouth have "had contact" with Djurgården about Felix Beijmo. That is all. The article suggests that Werder Bremen are favourites to sign the player, followed by Wolves.

Interestingly, no other Swedish paper that I could find has picked up on this story. Make of that what you will.

Another one down ... our supposed target Tom Pearce of Leeds U has just signed a long contract there.

A series of youngsters of the sort favoured by EH are being tied down elsewhere. It would be reassuring to hear news of incomings at DC ... Watkins, Mepham, Vieira??? Let's not reach August with fingers over the panic button.

Since Beijmo is a RB, putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 it could be that we heard Pearce had decided to stay at Leeds and so have started to move on target number 2. Hence us suddenly being mentioned yesterday when he seems to have had transfer rumblings going on for a while.

Another one down ... our supposed target Tom Pearce of Leeds U has just signed a long contract there.

A series of youngsters of the sort favoured by EH are being tied down elsewhere. It would be reassuring to hear news of incomings at DC ... Watkins, Mepham, Vieira??? Let's not reach August with fingers over the panic button.
It's only 7th June - plenty of time. Calm down, dear

Let’s hope you’re right Cockbeard - but who wouldn’t be reassured to see new faces of the sort we need? Last year we were all delighted to see early incomings - makes it that much easier to integrate into the squad, especially the way EH works, with long periods of familiarisation with his methods.

Not an incoming rumour, but not starting a new thread for it. Marc Wilson released by Sunderland. One of the oddest signings we made at the time (not talking about the loan from Pompey).

Not an incoming rumour, but not starting a new thread for it. Marc Wilson released by Sunderland. One of the oddest signings we made at the time (not talking about the loan from Pompey).

On paper it was a good signing. Our fans seem to love signing backup players, and Wilson being capable of playing anywhere across the back 4, it made a lot of sense at the time.

I do think though, the way it worked out, Eddie might now think differently about back ups. I keep hearing we need more cover at RB, but we actually have Smith and Francis as very acceptable options and Fraser as an excellent option as an attacking wing back. Unless we can sign a player better than all of these, I don't see a RB coming in.

we don't. Ramsdale may go on loan, cannot see Boruc being a 3rd choice and Begovic joined us for first team football. cannot see it happening.

All Conjectures,
No signatures.
All Mouth,
Nothing coming South.

At the end of the day,
We need players who will Play.
Nothing too Young, or too Old,
Sat on the bench, a##e getting cold.

When the Recruiters find their dreams,
All might not be what it seems.
Mick McCarthy is not alone,
Offloading Gems that are injury prone!

Or Fatboys chomping Sandwiches, round after round,
Getting stuck in the doorway at the training ground.
Fire Brigade rollicking , then they get Shitty,
Confrontation and It's off to Bristol City.

And Baby Ronaldos , having their say,
" Me No want play the Eddie Way"
" So E play me in ze Micky Mouse Cup,
Me want go home cos Me is Fed up!"

Another Pitman , Ted Mac or a Pugh,
A Super Elphick or Yann man will do!

Last edited:
Not a rumour

Both leaving Liverpool, Can likely to go to Juventus.

Liverpool FC can confirm that Emre Can and Jon Flanagan will both leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

The club today released its Premier League retained list following the conclusion of the 2017-18 campaign, confirming the departure of a number of players in the process.

Can, who joined the Reds from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014, made his 167th and final appearance for Liverpool in last month’s Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid.

Academy graduate Flanagan, meanwhile, departs having featured in 51 senior games following his 2011 debut against Manchester City.

The defender was a mainstay of the team that challenged for the Premier League title in 2013-14, making 23 appearances as the Reds ultimately finished second, and became a senior England international.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304212-emre-can-jon-flanagan-liverpool-fc

Last edited:
Both leaving Liverpool, Can likely to go to Juventus.

Liverpool FC can confirm that Emre Can and Jon Flanagan will both leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

The club today released its Premier League retained list following the conclusion of the 2017-18 campaign, confirming the departure of a number of players in the process.

Can, who joined the Reds from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014, made his 167th and final appearance for Liverpool in last month’s Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid.

Academy graduate Flanagan, meanwhile, departs having featured in 51 senior games following his 2011 debut against Manchester City.

The defender was a mainstay of the team that challenged for the Premier League title in 2013-14, making 23 appearances as the Reds ultimately finished second, and became a senior England international.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304212-emre-can-jon-flanagan-liverpool-fc
What part of the above constitutes a rumour?

;