Summer transfers

It has worked very well for a lot of clubs to be fair, you can name one it hasn’t paid off for though so there is that I guess! Over half the league is probably made up of foreign imports! To write them off simple for being from a foreign league is strange.
It has worked very well for a lot of clubs to be fair, you can name one it hasn’t paid off for though so there is that I guess! Over half the league is probably made up of foreign imports! To write them off simple for being from a foreign league is strange.
Which clubs and which players?

Fair enough, didn’t sound it. Who am I bigging up? I’m saying that it will be very difficult to compete when virtually all of our rivals are spending big money, do you honestly think that this isn’t the case? Frankly I hate this league anyway so am not overly bothered, just an observation!
You said it would exceed Leicester winning the league if we stayed up. How's that not bigging up other teams

Do think Leeds will struggle, they've lost 2 key players and were poor last season. Saints are signing young players, it could be ok, but also a big risk.
Clearly we will sign at least 2 defenders, the quality of these I think will have a big influence on how we do.

Do think Leeds will struggle, they've lost 2 key players and were poor last season. Saints are signing young players, it could be ok, but also a big risk.
Clearly we will sign at least 2 defenders, the quality of these I think will have a big influence on how we do.
Personally think we require attacking additions to be competitive too. We have quite a few bodies but not too much quality. Stanislas doesn’t come into the equation unfortunately and Brooks will be some way off you would think.

On a slightly separate note heard from somebody who claims to be close to him (no idea how true) that we will be signing Matt Ritchie on a free transfer on a two year contract this summer, he is apparently pushing hard for the move and he is seen as surplus to requirements at Newcastle. No idea as to the validity of these claims but thought I’d throw it out there.

For what it’s worth I hope it’s not accurate as it would be a very desperate signing for a newly promoted club to make, and would make little sense in any way. He was only ever adequate at PL level even in his prime and at his age he’s not even a player you’d want to rely on if we went back down at this point and his wages would be big (he’s on 55k a week apparently.) Very much hope it isn’t true, would honestly prefer that we didn’t sign anyone than to go for players of this ilk.

Of course we will have to wait until the end of the window to judge, all the noises seem to be that we won’t be spending a lot though. Just saying we need to be realistic, not sure it’s possible to survive as a newly promoted side without splurging the millions. By the way, chill out mate, you seem to be quite highly strung. Perhaps take the advice of that bloke who suggested the lettuce leaf.
That bloke. Lol.
Just to clarify. Forest are spending on players that have left, just as replacements, not improving.

On a slightly separate note heard from somebody who claims to be close to him (no idea how true) that we will be signing Matt Ritchie on a free transfer on a two year contract this summer, he is apparently pushing hard for the move and he is seen as surplus to requirements at Newcastle. No idea as to the validity of these claims but thought I’d throw it out there.

For what it’s worth I hope it’s not accurate as it would be a very desperate signing for a newly promoted club to make, and would make little sense in any way. He was only ever adequate at PL level even in his prime and at his age he’s not even a player you’d want to rely on if we went back down at this point and his wages would be big (he’s on 55k a week apparently.) Very much hope it isn’t true, would honestly prefer that we didn’t sign anyone than to go for players of this ilk.
So your concerned about a signing that's been rumour for about 3 years but no substance?
Maybe your also concerned about gray too

So your concerned about a signing that's been rumour for about 3 years but no substance?
Maybe your also concerned about gray too
How do you know there has been no substance? All the ‘in the know’ journos would say differently, they were all reporting in January 2021 that he was so close to a move here that month that he had packed up his stuff and said his good byes, before Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal.

They also have the player who scored the 5th most goals in the bundesliga last season, they have just signed one of the best defenders from that league too. Fulham have signed a 20m pound international Portuguese midfielder and Leeds have just signed a winger from Holland who scored 26 and assisted 14. I genuinely believe that if Parker keeps us up it will be an achievement that matches Leicester’s title win, not sure how we can be expected to compete with this in all honesty.
Leeds are also losing their 2 best players. Fulham and Forest have taken massive gambles on players I had never heard of. I looked at the YouTube video of the Forest striker from Germany, he looks 6/10 decent BUT the defending and goalkeeping for most of the goals he scored is just shocking.

Hey KK, I don't know if you are a betting man or not, but based on your predictions, why don't you go for a treble : AFCB to be relegated and Forest & Fulham to stay up ?

I reckon you'd get a decent price at the bookies for that, and it would keep things interesting as the season progresses.

Hey KK, I don't know if you are a betting man or not, but based on your predictions, why don't you go for a treble : AFCB to be relegated and Forest & Fulham to stay up ?

I reckon you'd get a decent price at the bookies for that, and it would keep things interesting as the season progresses.
I wouldn’t do that as I believe Fulham are likely to get relegated.

;