Support Today

james_AFCB

Star Player
Felt like the old days. Decent noise considering the numbers, very little moaning considering the situation and run we’re on, and support for the team throughout, even after going behind. Stand wherever you want and most faces the same you used to see week in week out at places like Rotherham.

Quite enjoyed it despite the result.

Considering relatively low numbers could hear above Everton for most part (still good turnout for a Sunday lunchtime, on telly, bad run etc).

Felt like the old days. Decent noise considering the numbers, very little moaning considering the situation and run we’re on, and support for the team throughout, even after going behind. Stand wherever you want and most faces the same you used to see week in week out at places like Rotherham.

Quite enjoyed it despite the result.
Well done everyone. Great support.

No away games for me this season due to heart issues and an op but I really miss the whole thing and can't wait for Cardiff, my first away since being fixed and this post sums up why.

Forgot to mention, I hope Rob Trent and Mr and Mrs Table dried out O.K. after the game. They got a real drenching when that rain poured down. hats off to you for your support:utc:

Thanks Harry, just put something on Audenshaw's thread ( forgot to say, Hi Audenshaw, it was good to see you, briefly, at The Etihad).

When we had boarded the accessible Mystery Machine, I found an unused pair of hand warmers. After the Good Lady's hands had warmed sufficiently, we passed them onto Rob. He was wrapped in 2 blankets, I think he ended up putting them in his shoes. Serves him right, wearing the canvass deck shoes he normally uses on his yacht in the Med : )

Thanks Harry, just put something on Audenshaw's thread ( forgot to say, Hi Audenshaw, it was good to see you, briefly, at The Etihad).

When we had boarded the accessible Mystery Machine, I found an unused pair of hand warmers. After the Good Lady's hands had warmed sufficiently, we passed them onto Rob. He was wrapped in 2 blankets, I think he ended up putting them in his shoes. Serves him right, wearing the canvass deck shoes he normally uses on his yacht in the Med : )
The yachts moored down in Spain ready for my break in February ;-)

We passed the Jumbulance going north at the M40/M42 junction, right party going on there
Was on opposite side of the ground by quirk of fate but could here the support load snd clear, geeat effort. Did notice the slow creep of numbers from lower to upper section to get under cover!

Some of us had no choice : ) During the half time down pour we went for shelter under the roof where the 2 stands meet. Unfortunately the roof didn't cover all the area. All the dry space was occupied by regulars, we were left with what was left. The outcome was, the rain was falling vertically onto our heads, not horizontally into our faces : )

Some of us had no choice : ) During the half time down pour we went for shelter under the roof where the 2 stands meet. Unfortunately the roof didn't cover all the area. All the dry space was occupied by regulars, we were left with what was left. The outcome was, the rain was falling vertically onto our heads, not horizontally into our faces : )
It was at this point my daughter asked me 'Dad, why do you do this"? My reply was "Because it's fun". I believe I then heard scoffing on my right.

I wasn't at Everton but it sounds like a carbon copy of Wolves complete with soaked-to-the-bone drenching, spirited but fruitless AFCB performance, silly mistake to go one down, late pressure that never felt as if it would yield anything and a final undeserved kick in the shins against the run of play.

Gutted I missed it.

I wasn't at Everton but it sounds like a carbon copy of Wolves complete with soaked-to-the-bone drenching, spirited but fruitless AFCB performance, silly mistake to go one down, late pressure that never felt as if it would yield anything and a final undeserved kick in the shins against the run of play.

Gutted I missed it.

It was a better performance than at Wolves IMO and it wasn't anywhere near as cold or wet (unless you are Rob Trent and Table). At Wolves we really shot ourselves in the foot with the Daniels suicidal set up for their goal. On the day just out of luck - it will change.

It was a better performance than at Wolves IMO and it wasn't anywhere near as cold or wet (unless you are Rob Trent and Table). At Wolves we really shot ourselves in the foot with the Daniels suicidal set up for their goal. On the day just out of luck - it will change.

It did look a pretty good performance on TV. At Wolves we didn't really deserve much because we did nothing with our possession whereas at Everton we were hard done by in my view. We still need to create more and cut out the errors but we're certainly not miles off where we need to be.

Agree. And even I felt it was not as cold as Wolves. In fact, Wolves is now my benchmark for coldness!

Rob and Table, hats off to you both :bow:
That sounds pretty grim, bordering on masochism and that's just considering the weather, never mind the early start to your day. Total commitment.
I'm glad the lads delivered a performance worthy of your efforts. Now we just need a little bit of luck to go our way and you can hopefully "enjoy" not just the performance but some positive results too.
Keep on keeping on !
:utc:

On the subject of supporters I always remember the typical stupid looking Bournemouth supporter during the John Benson era.

On the opening home game of the season on a fine Summers afternoon one would encounter some 'twonk' wearing a pair of Jesus sandles with yellow socks, a pair of 'Winnie the Pooh' chequered trousers with a silly string t-shirt completing the ensamble.

In addition, he would be weraing a pair of ridiculous looking 1970's sun glasses that made him look like a dead fly with a matchday programme folded into the back pocket of his trousers and an early copy of the Bournemouth Echo rolled up in one hand. In the other hand would a thermous flask and brown paper bag containing home made sandwiches for half time. Furthermore, he would have a bald head complete with Timothy Whites sum cream rubbed on it.

;