Sam Surridge

As fans we pigeon hole our players too much as wingers or strikers. Years of watching 4-4-2 I guess.

At a lot of other clubs they don’t make the same distinction. You don’t hear people talking about Son as either a striker or a winger.

We don’t have players of his quality, but in Brooks, Ibe, Fraser, Danjuma, King and now Harry Wilson, we have a number of players capable of playing a variety of roles across the forward positions and that’s far more important than having a 4th choice central striker who plays 83 mins a season.

You just know that the moment we don't have a fourth choice striker is when Wilson and King get injured. Same thing happened last year when Francis got injured; "that's fine, as long as nothing happens to Smith..."

You are not wrong at all....but I agree with TC above....we have enough players at the minute, especially when Brooks comes back, to mix and match. Even if we did lose Callum and Josh at the same time for example...Solanke....then Danjuma, Fraser, Harry....Ibe ????....can all support....then we still have enough for the flanks. Especially with Kilkenny starting to show up.

As fans we pigeon hole our players too much as wingers or strikers. Years of watching 4-4-2 I guess.

At a lot of other clubs they don’t make the same distinction. You don’t hear people talking about Son as either a striker or a winger.

We don’t have players of his quality, but in Brooks, Ibe, Fraser, Danjuma, King and now Harry Wilson, we have a number of players capable of playing a variety of roles across the forward positions and that’s far more important than having a 4th choice central striker who plays 83 mins a season.

Yeah I know, I was just being facetious :)

Scored in the cup tonight against Watford. Somehow feels like the weekends events have diminished that achievement a little but still good to see!

Not so sure it devalues it. David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Kevin Du Bruyne, Bernado Silva, and Riyad Mahrez isn't exactly bad company to be in

;