Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth

Top marks to the Cooks and Billing, and Rico put in some excellent crosses that no one managed to get on the end of. Thought Swansea played for the draw from the first whistle. Ref was dire. Had 0-0 written all over it by half time.

We didn't create much after Surridge came on tbf, maybe he was right to leave it late.

True although we did put Stanislas into the middle and he was too knackered by then to buzz from one side to the other so there was little to no chance of getting crosses in for Surridge to attack.

The final ten minutes were simply horrible to watch though. I'm not sure we can read too much from what happened then.

Never thought we looked troubled by Swansea and probably should have beaten them but just couldn’t get the ball on target except once in our 14 shots against Swansea’s 6 and also one on target.

Good to keep the second away clean sheet on the trot in our last two games.

Philip Billing had another good game and our team played well on a very poor standard pitch.

JT in his comments on the BBC website thought when Brooks went down it should have been a penalty.

So for now our side are back on top of the Championship table.

Last edited:
Never thought we looked troubled by Swansea and probably should have beaten them but just couldn’t get the ball on target except once in our 14 shots against Swansea’s 6 and also one on target.

Good to keep the second away clean sheet on the trot in our last two games.

Philip Billing had another good game and our team played well on a very poor standard pitch.

JT in his comments on the BBC website thought when Brooks went down it should have been a penalty.

So for now our side are back on top of the Championship table.

Re the pen, defender has his arm out to block but cleverly removed his arm at last minute after contact while brooks goes down too easily in my view. Ref looks at both elements and decides no pen. Get softer pens in prem!

We have the components to beat any team in this league...but things like average refs, poor pitches and sometimes our players trying complicated flicks instead of proper passes (complacent)... will trip us up on occasions

This .

We can slate Swansea and others all we like but this is the modern game and they will be in the mix to the end with a solid defence as will Middleborough and Norwich etc.
We will be too on account of our goalscoring versatility which will overcome many.

Looking back at our last two away games I think we moved the ball quicker from defence upfield against Barnsley, than we did against Swansea.

Not sure if we were showing them more respect and nervous of a counter attack but think on another night we might have beaten them, shots were off target, when at Barnsley they ended up in the net.

...yes I noticed a definite change in our style from the last game. I thought thta this was really strange given the state of the 'pitch' didn't match neat passing from the back it needed some punts up to the strikers ( I also think that Surridge worked well holding up the ball and giving the defenders a tough time)
Taking out Surridge and playing a totally ineffective Stanislas reduced our goal threat.
I thought Lewis Cook was excellent throughout and his shooting boots so nearly got us a goal, but good to see him having some shots, again he was closer than Stans couple of appalling efforts...
Solanke did good things, but does anyone else think that he just holds on to the ball fractionally too long and doesn't see the pass to a colleague enough?
It wasn't a playing surface (joke) for the likes of Stanislas, Smith and Riquelme to run at defenders with the ball...it was better for slinging in cross balls to the penalty box and hoping that Dom or Sam could get on the end of them...

I think against Barnsley we bypassed the midfield a lot .
On a poor pitch yesterday we did knock the ball around pretty well.

Solanke did good things, but does anyone else think that he just holds on to the ball fractionally too long and doesn't see the pass to a colleague enough?

He reminds me of King during our first season in the PL, wanting that extra touch that there just wasn't time for. Hopefully he'll adapt, as King did. Once he does, I think he'll be an around quality forward player.

;