Talksport

Always amazed to see people who still listen to that station! Honestly, it's horrendous....they are pure wind up merchants who use subjects to get people to phone in, simple as that. Durham is the king of doing that as well.

Best thing to do....don't listen. You will feel much better.

TalkSport is crap, they just say stuff to wind people up - it obviously works. I haven't listened to it for years now.

each to their own - I prefer the fact that TS presenters are allowed to have different opinions, and are allowed to voice them - I too disagree with 90% of what is said, but that's just an issue I have with other humans generally. I like hearing opinionated people talking, I don't have to agree with them or like them to listen - it seems that's not the norm with people on here. I can't listen/watch the BBC etc because their output tends to be very boring, "nice", controlled over-trained dullards who are often afraid to say anything at remotely interesting and stick to a party line.

Talk to fans of other clubs...they are the benchmark. I have spoken to a lot of top six fans and other than Man City fans most of them have said they would jump at Eddie as manager.

He has immense respect at the fan base of other clubs.

To reiterate DJs point...so does Klopp. Most fans would have him (including us hypothetically I would imagine). Nobody would have Mourinho.

Spoke to a Spurs ST holder friend of mine this morning and the word there is that a deal for Poch going to R Madrid is done and that Eddie is seen as the favoured replacement.

How true this is I don't know, but a new ground with c62,000 capacity + a very good squad etc., versus no new ground and particularly no new training ground and a pretty good squad might be quite compelling for Eddie were he to be approached.

each to their own - I prefer the fact that TS presenters are allowed to have different opinions, and are allowed to voice them - I too disagree with 90% of what is said, but that's just an issue I have with other humans generally. I like hearing opinionated people talking, I don't have to agree with them or like them to listen - it seems that's not the norm with people on here. I can't listen/watch the BBC etc because their output tends to be very boring, "nice", controlled over-trained dullards who are often afraid to say anything at remotely interesting and stick to a party line.

Is it really an opinion though or is it scripted to get a reaction? I think that’s why most don’t like it.

Eddie needing to win a cup is a valid opinion to be fair ,obviously not to us but to pundits that can’t really see passed the top six , this is what it’s going to take to put him on the next rung ..as others have said though ..a couple of defeats and it’ll be Eddie who,e

Since the turn of the century, other than the “big six” only Leicester, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Swansea have won the League Cup.

All have been relegated since their “triumphs”.

If you consider All the radio stations and newspapers there is a phenomenal amount of attention given to That Club, almost as much to Spurs, then Liverpool and Chelsea.....much less to Man City and Arsenal, a piffling small amount to Afcb, virtually none to Watford!
Man City would need to win a cup on another planet to compete with their Red neighbours for attention!
Is it all political or something? It's certainly not a Meritocracy!

Last edited:
Question - probably naive but I will value your comments .....

If Eddie were to be drawn away, does JT become a candidate for the boss job? Knows the players and the club, understands the recruiting (the Bournemouth way) and is well liked. I realize that some guys are just better as 2IC and never want/need to be boss, but I am curious as I never hear it discussed. Thanks.

Yeah too much risk to the new club surely to take on Eddie without his assistant. Plus I'm sure Eddie would big up the value of Jase's influence and how crucial he's been to his own success.

Question - probably naive but I will value your comments .....

If Eddie were to be drawn away, does JT become a candidate for the boss job? Knows the players and the club, understands the recruiting (the Bournemouth way) and is well liked. I realize that some guys are just better as 2IC and never want/need to be boss, but I am curious as I never hear it discussed. Thanks.

Tindall had a breif stint as manager with Weymouth down in the non league, and it didn't go well. JT has found his vocation as Eddie's assistant. Like when they went to Burnley, JT will have a job with Eddie, for as long as Eddie wants him I think!

Since the turn of the century, other than the “big six” only Leicester, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Swansea have won the League Cup.

All have been relegated since their “triumphs”.
You're not really trying to link the two are you? Cos I've heard that theres lots of clubs that have been relegated that haven't won trophies.

You're not really trying to link the two are you? Cos I've heard that theres lots of clubs that have been relegated that haven't won trophies.

I’m stating that winning trophy shouldn’t be how a manager is judged as all will have lost their jobs shortly afterwards.

Was weird last night on the uk’s top sports radio station that bournemouth dominated most of the radio content from about 4.30 to midnight!

;