Team for Luton?

northstandmark

UTC Legend
The ruthless nature of football (especially at this time of year) brings about our annual dilemma over what to do for the FA Cup 3rd round. Coming hot off the back of the insane festive schedule, and this year with more injuries than we've ever known.

So, assuming no miraculous returns to fitness, and in the absence of robotic knees/ankles/hamstrings for various players, what would you decide to do for this?

Pick the 'strongest' side we can and give ourselves the highest chance for a positive result? Or just rest the remaining shell-shocked and form-shot first teamers and play the development squad, accepting the defeat to Luton if it comes?

A mixture of the two is perhaps the most likely answer. For one it might be refreshing to see some young blood and fresh faces, mixed in with what few of the senior pros we can muster.

----------Travers
Francis Cook Mepham Simpson
------Billing Surman
---------Kilkenny
---Surridge Solanke Dobre

Boruc, Camp, Rico, Stanislas, Fraser, L.Cook, Scrimshaw

Franno, Cook and Surman provide steady leaders and a backbone.
Keep the Cook and Mepham partnership going, the more minutes they can play together the better.
That's a big back 4 and Kilkenny can curl a ball, so set pieces could be a threat
A very raw front 3 but they can't do any worse than Callum right now (take him out of the firing line). Let's see if we can get Solanke a positive game.

I don't see Francis, Billing or Cook S. playing as I believe they're all carrying knocks.

The only recent first team players I expect to see are Mepham, Simpson, Rico, Solanke and Cook L. although I doubt many of them will start.

On the plus side Bet365 currently offer 15/2 on Luton and a staggering 16/1 on us conceding 3 or more goals.

Carrying ' knocks'....my God its paranoia!

Good job we dont got Scrums innit!
All them Cauliflower Ears......on them Eggball bounders!

Certainly play Surridge and Solanke (hopefully he'll find his scoring boots for a change).

Also Travers, Simpson, Surman, Billing and Surman.

Not sure about the CB's.

Luton are bottom of the Championship for heavens sake - I'm sure they don't care about the FA Cup either.

I think we need to field a team that's fit and not too tired, so...
Travers and Boruc in goal,
Simpson the defence,
Surman, Billing, Kilkenny, Dobre,
Stanislas, Surridge.
That should do it.

God only knows who he'll play he hasn't got much to choose from. I think Stan needs the game time, Solanke needs every game possible to try and get that elusive fucking goal. Play Surridge so he can get some game time and quite possibly show Wilson and Solanke what a goal is and how to score one. Play Boruc and surman. Give Kilkenny and Dobre a runout Then do a pre-match lottery for anyone else. Take your boots just in case.

God only knows who he'll play he hasn't got much to choose from. I think Stan needs the game time, Solanke needs every game possible to try and get that elusive fucking goal. Play Surridge so he can get some game time and quite possibly show Wilson and Solanke what a goal is and how to score one. Play Boruc and surman. Give Kilkenny and Dobre a runout Then do a pre-match lottery for anyone else. Take your boots just in case.

I'd very much like Solanke to score but I am getting the horrible feeling that he is our version of Shane Long.

Travers
Francis Mepham Simpson Smith
Billing Cook
Kilkenny
Solanke Surridge Dobre

Good mix of players who need minutes as well as youngsters who deserve a chance, as well as players who need a confidence booster players like Mepham, Cook and Solanke. I watched Mepham against West Ham and I like Mepham a lot but he seemed very nervous but the more minutes he gets the better and same with L Cook we need him back to his best.

I would give Wilson, Solanke and Surridge equal amounts of time up front. Wilson and Solanke have got to have good games today or score to make the starting 11 next week imo.

Travers
Billing Cook
Kilkenny
Solanke Surridge Dobre

Good mix of players who need minutes as well as youngsters who deserve a chance, as well as players who need a confidence booster players like Mepham, Cook and Solanke. I watched Mepham against West Ham and I like Mepham a lot but he seemed very nervous but the more minutes he gets the better and same with L Cook we need him back to his best.
Would be surprised if the team looks different to this.
Really hoping that Dom and Sam get a goal each (at least).

Travers
Billing Cook
Kilkenny
Solanke Surridge Dobre

I don’t think we can afford to risk Francis or Mepham.

Travers
Billing Cook
Kilkenny
Solanke Surridge Dobre

Is Smith fit now?

;