Topfarrier

UTC Legend
Exciting isn't it?

As we stand.......Bego?
Stacey........Cook........Mepham........Zemura
...................Pearson......Kilkenny
.......Brooks...........Billing .............Stan
............................Solanke

..Hopefully we'll be able to spend the Danjuma ....Kelly....Lerma money on a left back......midfielder and Striker.

Think begs will be let go because of wages? Brooks and lerma too if we get decent offers.
Depends if max wants to gamble and throw money at staying up or if we decide that there's no more money and really have to cash out to comply with ffp.
With the right manager that team should have enough to finish comfortably mid table

Exciting isn't it?

As we stand.......Bego?

..Hopefully we'll be able to spend the Danjuma ....Kelly....Lerma money on a left back......midfielder and Striker.
Be amazed if Stan is still here. Don’t think he’ll be offered a contract. Be more likely to see CCV in the line up

Mass exodus of younger fans I reckon....they wont endure the withdrawal symptoms of 2 years + out the their darling Elite PL...

Us 'boomers' have the horns and the skin department sewn up .

But then who needs me getting chirpy after a sh*those 95 minutes like that !

Be amazed if Stan is still here. Don’t think he’ll be offered a contract. Be more likely to see CCV in the line up
Stan will be here........not sure about CCV.
Think begs will be let go because of wages? Brooks and lerma too if we get decent offers.
Depends if max wants to gamble and throw money at staying up or if we decide that there's no more money and really have to cash out to comply with ffp.
With the right manager that team should have enough to finish comfortably mid table
Won't be that easy to get rid of Begs tbh.....he's got a good contract with us that not many teams will better......not really a case of letting him go.....although I'm not sure when he's contract ends tbh.

Stan will be here........not sure about CCV.

Won't be that easy to get rid of Begs tbh.....he's got a good contract with us that not many teams will better......not really a case of letting him go.....although I'm not sure when he's contract ends tbh.

I think he and Cook have one year left on their deals

well will be interesting and should get better insight to demins intentions for future of him and the club.

I think Brooks will go too unless there'should a chance anyone thinks he'll star in the first half of next season for us.

Bego
Stace/Smith Cook (hope) CCV (hope) Rico
Pearson New signing/recovered L Cook
Billing (I hope)
Stan Solanke Anthony

Could Stacey play next to Pearson? He has played in midfield before. We need back up for Stan because he will get injured. Try and keep RoRo but give him more game time. Also, develop Kilkenny and Zumora more.

Exciting isn't it?

As we stand.......Bego?

I mean some brief thoughts, player by player (writing this to make myself feel better lol:

(GK) Asmir Begovic:
Seems to have stepped up massively from the last full season we had with him starting. Presumably on the largest wages we have, and has a year left on his deal (??). Can see him staying for another year and then getting another payday somewhere else. Not sure how big a fee we could even get for him tbh.

(GK) Mark Travers:
Still young and still imo a promising keeper with enough to start in this league. Not had the best year in terms of minutes and things like international performances but will most likely still be here.

(GK) Will Dennis:
Seems to be progressing nicely, a good cup appearance, young. Could potentially be fighting for a place next season.

(RB) Adam Smith:
One of a few that is probably on decent wages, unsure of contract status. Think he and Stacey make for a good choice of options at RB. Could potentially turn up wherever EH does? Might leave.

(RB) Jack Stacey:
A good RB at this level, still fairly young. I like him a lot, one that you can trust to put the effort in, seems level-headed in interviews. Someone to create a good Championship spine around. Unlikely to leave IMO.

(CB) Steve Cook:
Club captain, has been mostly good this season and a club legend at this point. Like Smith however I can see him joining up with EH, one I really wouldn't want us to lose but can see it happening potentially. Think he has 1 year left on his deal.

(CB) Cameron Carter-Vickers:
A must-keep for me, a so-so opening couple of games, but has been almost immaculate since then. Very dependable, young and potential to get even better. Might be a target for others but personally I can see us being well-placed to get him. But obviously, by the nature of loans, we might not see him here next season.

(CB) Chris Mepham:
Easy to say SELL SELL SELL...who is going to buy him for the amount that we would want/need? Unfortunately he's "damaged goods" now. Seems like a very nice guy and all that, but how many chances can he get? Will either need to sell and replace, or do some real rehabilitation. Personally I think he'll still be here.

(CB) Zeno Ibsen Rossi:
Ignoring the spectacular name, has had a good season in the Scottish Premiership IMO. Made 19 appearances, only 20. Tall, ball-playing CB. Might be one to keep an eye on, especially as we are looking very light at CB now.

(CB) Corey Jordan:
He was our player to watch for many, many years according to all of the top PL analysts, and made his first team debut a while back. Was injured for a very long time though, and is 21 now. If the player that was in there years ago is still in there, he could be a CB to consider.

(LB/CB) Lloyd Kelly:
Has had a spotty season, looked very good at times and very lacking at others. Has also had high-level interest from clubs like Liverpool in the past. Likely to leave in my opinion, but one that we can definitely aim to get a lot of money for.

(LB) Diego Rico:
Interesting one. I think he's very good, but has also had an inconsistent season. Could potentially have interest from clubs in Spain? Could family play a role in this? Losing both Kelly and Rico would be problematic.

(LB) Jordan Zemura:
Could benefit from one of the two above leaving. Has looked very good in limited appearances IMHO, could easily be one of two LBs at the club; the cup LB so to speak...cost effective, too.

(CDM) Jefferson Lerma:
I can actually see him staying, I'm not convinced we'd get the amount of money people think we would get for him either. Has to be seen as a disappointment over the course of the season given the levels he's played at previously. One to keep an eye on leaving though.

(CDM) Ben Pearson:
Has been excellent, and no way will he be leaving after only 6 months IMHO. One to build the team around as with Stacey; physical, hard-working and talented.

(CM) Lewis Cook:
Will be staying I would think, has shown he can dictate games at this level, but another one that has been inconsistent. Will hopefully hit the ground running after the injury next season.

(CM) Jack Wilshere:
Hmmm. Have his legs gone, is he even worth keeping? Is he actually on a lot of money? Been a disappointment overall, very obviously not what he once was. CM is quite stacked for us too. Will be an interesting one to watch. Think he has more to give, but not sure we'd miss him all that much.

(CM) Gavin Kilkenny:
Another youth that could have more to offer, looked like a decent mini L. Cook at points. One that may or may not have a bigger role next season depending on movements elsewhere.

(CM) Kyle Taylor:
Has been on loan at Southend, seen a few of their fans have been impressed. Was a favourite of EH when he was here...does he have a role to play next season? Could he be rotated in for someone like Kilkenny, who might go out on loan instead? Or could just as easily be released tbh, it's hard to say.

(CAM) Philip Billing:
Think he's excellent in the No10 role personally, arguably one of our most effective players of the season when he's played there. Should exclusively be considered a CAM though, he's quite bad as a traditional CM. Is he one to have a paddy and leave a la Huddersfield? Potentially. I'd imagine some on here probably couldn't care either way but I think we should be trying to keep him.

(FW) Arnaut Danjuma:
Aim to get £20 million at least for him, not a chance in hell will he still be here. Made up for a stop start and ineffective first season, shown what he's about. A bright spot in a mostly tepid and disappointing season. Can only hope he starts showing a bit more confidence in himself.

(FW) David Brooks:
Been mostly disappointing, but can actually see him staying. Like with Lerma, not convinced teams will pay what we would want. Could do with another full season to show how good he is, without injuries. Naturally one that could leave though.

(FW) Junior Stanislas:
On paper has had an excellent season. However...many lacklustre displays, odd moments on the pitch with other players, as injury prone as ever. Unsure of the contract situation, might be another to join up with EH. A definite keep for me however, at the very least will guarantee goals and assists over a season, and one of the few senior players we have left.

(FW) Rodrigo Riquelme:
Too raw for what we were trying to do this year, certainly has talent. Probably not given enough opportunities over the course of the season. Highly doubt we will make it permanent. Think he'll have a good career though.

(FW) Jaidon Anthony:
With other wingers and forwards departing, might be one to watch next season. Has looked quite handy, and seems to be the academy player that has been trusted the most to come on and make a difference. Optimistic that he'll be an asset next season.

(ST) Dom Solanke:
Has been...pretty good. Certainly not going anywhere IMO, has shown that he can semi-consistently score goals, works hard and gets assists too. Very much doubting he has what it takes to become that top level striker he was touted as being in his youth academy days though. Will need more support next season.

(ST) Sam Surridge:
Very limited player, but probably has enough to be our third choice/cup striker for the foreseeable. Might improve with more minutes? Cannot be relying on him to be our backup striker though.

(ST) Shane Long:
34, a punt from the PL who was barely getting any minutes. Didn't have much of an impact. The milk toast Kenwyne. Doubt we'll be seeing him again. Has a lovely smile though.

(ST) Christian Saydee:
Throwing him in here because he's been a bit of a goal machine for the academy and I have a hunch about him. Think he might step up and be a surprise; now's the time to start properly promoting from within. Has appeared on the bench in the PL too.

Optimistically, we could be looking at a still fairly good squad next season. Assuming the absolute worst; EH's new job takes some of our backbone, all of our most "talented" players are sold...it'll be a tight squad, but with our Academy players stepping up, and a few choice signings, we can still be competitive.

In terms of signings, we probably need to be getting CCV in as quickly as possible, with another CB on top of that even. A high quality winger to replace the departing Danjuma (easier said than done), and a top, top striker to ease the load on Solanke. Preferably someone hungry and young from League 1 or the lower end of the Championship. With players like Stacey, Cook (X2), Pearson, Solanke and CCV, I think we have a really good Championship spine.

I think Brooks will go too unless there'should a chance anyone thinks he'll star in the first half of next season for us.

Bego
Stace/Smith Cook (hope) CCV (hope) Rico
Pearson New signing/recovered L Cook
Billing (I hope)
Stan Solanke Anthony

Could Stacey play next to Pearson? He has played in midfield before. We need back up for Stan because he will get injured. Try and keep RoRo but give him more game time. Also, develop Kilkenny and Zumora more.
Stanislas has 4 assists which shows the gap between the myth and performance.

A luxury squad player in the championship.

We have to remember that it’s not like many Champ clubs are going to be able to spend millions this summer.

Swansea completely rebuilt in terms of their squad, wage structure etc (apart from Ayew on 80k per week) and they’ve made the play offs 2 times in 3 years.

We also get 2 years parachute payments, albeit smaller than previously, and we will still recoup some decent ish transfer fees.

Im excited to see a L Cook/Pearson midfield !

;