Team for Wed

need a complete change of tactics, formation and personnel at wolves, anything that means we don't pass it sideways and get torn to bits on the counter

no idea how to implement that, by the way, but villa hardly had a kick against chelsea and are one up at half time, so whatever they're doing

[QUOTEbut villa hardly had a kick against chelsea and are one up at half time, so whatever they're doing[/QUOTE]
It was called 'riding your luck' - which ran out!

Rambo
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Gosling H.Wilson Billing
Danjuma Wilson Stanislas

Brooks and Lerma rested and used as impact subs second half

I know we won't use that side though, but that's my hope.

My team
Rambo
Stacey Mepham Ake Rico
K Taylor Lerma Kilkenny
Danjuma Brooks
Surridge
If we’re going to be as bad as we have been this season then why not give a couple of the youngsters a chance. They honestly couldn’t do any worse. I know we still technically mathematically have a chance to survive but I’m fed up of watching the same old ****************. Let’s start preparing our youngsters for the championship.

Why not give kilkenny a shot in a 5 man midfield behind Wilson.kilkenny is better than Harry Wilson IMo_Outside his free taking he offers nothing
Technically not true, he offers the opposition a great deal by never tracking his runner.

I'd line up with a cooked full english - Sausage, Mushroom, Beans, Bacon, Hash Brown, Tomato, Egg, Black Pud, Onions, Bread, Ketchup.

More fight and hunger in that team to win at Wolves.

I'd line up with a cooked full english - Sausage, Mushroom, Beans, Bacon, Hash Brown, Tomato, Egg, Black Pud, Onions, Bread, Ketchup.

More fight and hunger in that team to win at Wolves.

not convinced hash brown should be in a full english

Ramsdale
Stacy
Ake
Cook
Rico

Brooks
Lerma
Billing

Wilson
Wilson
Danjuma

I think lerma and billing add muscle
And billing can break forward and brooks can supply the skill.
I’d like
Danjuma to get a run as a pacy winger scares the shat out of defenders.

Come one boys ffs.
Why do I have so much more love for the teams we hade in lower leagues

Unless a miracle occurs I think we are down and out. I know that you all like to come up with teams that Eddie should play but isn't it shades of arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic now?

If only Eddie would change the formation and the way we play.

If we play Surridge and any other less experienced players.. and we still go down, then we must be careful and not blame them in any way.
I think the gamble must happen.

Any blame must stay with Ed for things that have happened or not happened..and thats not something easy for us to do with this revered man...but he gets the big money ...and the big accolades in the good periods.
The Fraser thing was unfortunate , unique, and needs to be treated separately.

Next season it could be Klopp with mass injury problems....the same fateful drop in results could occur....and he too will have to deal with the Crit if he can't adapt.

Last edited:
If we play Surridge and any other less experienced players.. and we still go down, then we must be careful and not blame them in any way.
I think the gamble must happen.

Any blame must stay with Ed for things that have happened or not happened..and thats not something easy for us to do with this revered man...but he gets the big money ...and the big accolades in the good periods.

Next season it could be Klopp with mass injury problems....the same fateful drop in results could occur....and he too will have to deal with the Crit if he can't adapt.
Quite right Brian. I know that I for one would not blame the youngsters if they got their big break now and failed to keep us up. As you say, that blame lies squarely on the managers shoulders. Eddie could have given them a go earlier in the season when we were short of options and things weren't so tight but he missed an opportunity there ( which I mentioned at the time with regards to blooding Kilkenny so he could be of use to us if we needed him during a squeaky bum time at the end of the season ). Now if he is going to use the youngsters at all, they will be under enormous pressure with every touch of the ball, so nobody should blame them if it doesn't work out.
Probably all moot though. Eddie is apparently not for turning and believes that if he keeps doing the same thing for long enough, eventually it will work. Hard to imagine him heaping all this pressure onto the youngsters now. He will tinker with his favourites a bit and hope that they can extract some magic from deep within themselves to dig him out of this hole.
Oh and for a start Cal needs to stop laughing and smiling and start smashing balls into goals.
Sorry, bit of a rant. Just liked your point about the youngsters and Ed having to have their backs if it doesn't go well !

It’s not just the selection ... where’s the grit and energy? Two seasons ago we were the Comeback Kings ... this year we’re the Saddos. What on Earth has happened in the dressing room? Where’s the professionalism, the pride? We have sports psychologists at the club - what have they been doing?

The performance against Palace was so awful that it speaks of a crisis of morale. Why are we going down the pan?

It’s not just the selection ... where’s the grit and energy? Two seasons ago we were the Comeback Kings ... this year we’re the Saddos. What on Earth has happened in the dressing room? Where’s the professionalism, the pride? We have sports psychologists at the club - what have they been doing?

The performance against Palace was so awful that it speaks of a crisis of morale. Why are we going down the pan?
Not sure. I get a sense of the players maybe being frustrated by their lack of success despite doing everything their boss tells them to do. Maybe there is a growing disconnect between Eddie and the players because they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, it isn't working and Eddie isn't offering them any alternatives. I've felt for a while that Eddie needs to look more within himself for the answer rather than expecting the players to suddenly turn things around.
Obviously the players could give a bit more than some of them are currently doing but maybe they are just frustrated that Eddie isn't coming up with the solutions ?

You may be right gazzyb - but you’d think this would have leaked out by now. Publicly the players constantly laud Eddie as a top coach - it makes the crisis more strange. Also - surely there are some leaders in the squad ... or are they all in retreat?

Wolves won’t attack us. They are a counter attacking side like Palace. They will lure us up the pitch, wait for us to lose it and hit Traore over the top. I predict a painful night. Since we became a counter attacking side with one way of playing we need to play against sides that allow us to break. Although we are now breaking without King and Fraser.... so good luck with that!

;