Team for Wed

With that in mind I'd go with this:

Rambo

Rico (against Traore, that could be painful but prefer a left back over there)
Ake
Cookie
Smith

L Cook (deep lying role helping to turn the ball over quicker)

Jeff
Billing

Danjuma
Wilson
Brooks

H Wilson proved to me again why he's not got a right to start for us tonight. Yes, he's capable of brilliance, but he was completely anonymous and this has been the case too often.

Agree with this formation. I also think Rico is better defensively than we give him credit for. It's knowing when to turn defense into attack that he's seemed hesitant about.

Wolves won’t attack us. They are a counter attacking side like Palace. They will lure us up the pitch, wait for us to lose it and hit Traore over the top. I predict a painful night. Since we became a counter attacking side with one way of playing we need to play against sides that allow us to break. Although we are now breaking without King and Fraser.... so good luck with that!
So are you saying Wolves are a counter attacking side with only one way of playing....interesting.

Wolves are more than a counter-attacking side, Neil. They work around a tight, ball-holding midfield in which Neves plays the key role. They draw in the opposition and then play quick balls to the wings ... we saw exactly this in the game at DC. This is not just counter-attack, it's a constant pressure game.

Key thing for us - we must have a strong midfield which contests Neves and Co. Plus - tippy-happy at the back (Cook to Ake and back etc) won't do. We need fast ball to Brooks and Danjuma, before the Wolves midfield settles and suffocates our forwards.

You may be right gazzyb - but you’d think this would have leaked out by now. Publicly the players constantly laud Eddie as a top coach - it makes the crisis more strange. Also - surely there are some leaders in the squad ... or are they all in retreat?
I think unfortunately that those players are now staring retirement in the face.
The team we had when we came up had an identity and players with a common goal. That team probably gave Eddie a fairly easy ride as manager, they knew what was required and just got on with it. Time and injuries have caught up with most of them and the team we play these days just doesn't have that common history or motivation. I am starting to think that Eddie is a better coach than he is a manager. He now has a team which needs managing, needs direction, needs help, needs solutions. Basically since the team has been freshened up, he has struggled. Mid season last season was the beginning of the end for most of the old guard and since then we really seem to have lost our way.
I think you have to lay responsibility for that firmly at Eddie's door. It wouldn't surprise me if Eddie would now say that he'd rather just be a coach than coach and manager !

So are you saying Wolves are a counter attacking side with only one way of playing....interesting.
Two points to that. Yes they are a counter attacking side predominantly and there is nothing wrong with having one way of playing if it is working and your players understand and fit into it.

Id go
Rambo
Cook Mepham Ake
Smith Gosling Lerma Kelly
Brooks
C.Wilson [assuming King out] Danjuma

We need some pace and we need our midfielders to put in a shift. Gosling despite all his limitations can score the odd goal; I don't want to see Lewis Cook and H. Wilson together in the same team ever again as it's like playing with 10 men from the off

Id go
Rambo
Cook Mepham Ake
Smith Gosling Lerma Kelly
Brooks
C.Wilson [assuming King out] Danjuma

We need some pace and we need our midfielders to put in a shift. Gosling despite all his limitations can score the odd goal; I don't want to see Lewis Cook and H. Wilson together in the same team ever again as it's like playing with 10 men from the off

I like this formation... Wolves will expect us to attack so it will mess with their game plan. I'd maybe go Rico ahead of Kelly, especially with extra central defender there. Also, I 'd move Danjuma back with Brooks..

Rambo
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Lerma Billing Cook
Brooks Danjuma
Surridge or King if fit

Rico ahead of Kelly because not seen enough of him

;