Team v Blackburn

kirsikka

UTC Legend
I think that's it for our truncated pre season friendlies (?) so who did enough across the two matches to make the cut for next week in your eyes?

Travers

Smith
S Cook
Kelly
Rico

Billing
L Cook
Gosling

Danjuma
Solanke
Stanislas

Subs:
Surridge
A tbc striker/wide forward
Kilkenny
Lerma
Mepham
Stacey
A tbc keeper

Assumptions: C Wilson and King have permanent moves come together over the next week. Likewise Begovic with a loan
Brooks still injured.

I'll be honest im that Kilkenny didn't really impress (or the opposite) but we're light for options of that type and need one on the bench.

No, we haven't been playing 4-3-3 since the first half v Benfica.
It's more of a 3-4-3, or 5-2-1-2, or whatever.
It'll be something like what you've got, but I'd put Stacey on instead of Lewis Cook.

Edit to add: not sure about Steve Cook - why wasn't he in the lineup v West Ham? So maybe Mepham instead of Steve Cook.

And no one is quite sure what is happening with Harry Arter. He is still our player and is training with the club

Travers
Smith Mepham Cook Rico
Stanislas Gosling Lerma Danjuma
Brooks
Solanke.

Assuming Wilson and King are out or not here.

The totally crazy thing is, after today's performance, I'm not sure where I'd fit Brooks in!
To me, he and Stan would be sort of interchangeable, but I wouldn't play both at the same time.
A trio of Danjuma, Stan and Brooks behind the main striker - certain the be Solanke as things stand - would be lovely to see. Would need to play a system we've not seen JT use yet though.

Could not have gone better today for prep for next Saturday. Hope training goes well next week and we are as set as we could be given the high potential for disruption that could have been hanging around with leavers.

Seems JT has his squad in mind and ready to go with it. Maybe Ritchie to come in which is a bonus in my view.

Options all over, with CF my only concern, could be a bit stronger in depth.

Looks positive all!

No, we haven't been playing 4-3-3 since the first half v Benfica.
It's more of a 3-4-3, or 5-2-1-2, or whatever.
It'll be something like what you've got, but I'd put Stacey on instead of Lewis Cook.

Edit to add: not sure about Steve Cook - why wasn't he in the lineup v West Ham? So maybe Mepham instead of Steve Cook.
A Cook injured today

I'm still getting my head around the system that JT's been using, but providing we only lose King and Wilson this week and everyone else is available, I think we'll line up like this:

GK - Begovic

LWB - Rico
CB - Kelly
CB - Cook
CB - Mepham
RWB - Smith

CM - Lerma
CM - Cook

LW - Danjuma
CF - Solanke
RW - Stanislas/Brooks

I hope that Jason takes a risk with Travers and starts him..

back four of

Stacey Kelly Cook and Rico

midfield of

Smith L Cook Billing and Danjuma

strikers

Solanke and Surridge

Hopefully nursing Brooks on the bench along with Lerma/Begovic/Stanislas/Simpson/Mepham and Gosling

;