Team v Norwich

kirsikka

UTC Legend
I think most would sympathise with Parker wanting to rotate as much as he possible can for this game. It's a competition that's far down the priority list for this season against an opponent that will likely be pretty tough and we're in the midst of an insane injury crisis. We genuinely can't afford to lose any more first team players.

'Bring in the youngsters' is tricky when half of them are already starting matches.

Predicting this starting XI is going to be hard. If I understood correctly, they don't think Cahill will be ready until next weekend but I've a sneaky suspicion he may start anyway.

Nyland

Genesini - Camp - Cahill - Davis

Pearson

Taylor - Marcondes

Brooks - Saydee - Rogers (assuming he signs today, as Kris Temple intimated)

Subs:
Solanke
Glover
Anthony
Zemura
Kelly
Mepham
Travers

Pearson, Rogers and Cahill in to get their fitness up. Brooks, Marcondes and Cahill to act as senior pros (alongside BP). If they can keep it to under 5-0 then they've done well.

We can take the Carrot Crunchers...their form is not too hot...they've fallen back off their horses....
We can bluff em with a bit of ' Carrot in the Box '. game strategy !

Ball in Their Net stuff ..Bring it on Batman !

Nyland
Genesini
Camp
Cahill
Davis
Taylor
Moriah-Welsh
Pearson
Marcondes
Saydee
Rogers

Dennis
Ibsen-Rossi
Kilkenny
Zemura
Stacey
Anthony
Glover

As per the other teams I think Genesini is our only real right back option!

---------Nyland
Genesini Cahill Rossi Davis
----Pearson-Killkenny
Marcondes Taylor Rogers
---------Saydee

Give Pearson, Marcondes and Rogers an hour, then take them off for say Billing, Glover and Anthony.

No problem giving Rossi another 90 minutes to put Saturday behind him. Playing alongside Cahill the extra minutes can only benefit him at this stage.

With players starting to come back, I think Marcondes needs to step up a bit more if he wants to ensure minutes on the pitch and not the bench.. From what I've seen he has a tendency to drift in and out of games to much.

Might even be a game for either Stacey or Smith to get some minutes at the end??? Not sure if either are close enough to fitness though....

---------Nyland
----Pearson-Killkenny
Marcondes Taylor Rogers
---------Saydee

Give Pearson, Marcondes and Rogers an hour, then take them off for say Billing, Glover and Anthony.

No problem giving Rossi another 90 minutes to put Saturday behind him. Playing alongside Cahill the extra minutes can only benefit him at this stage.

Isn't Camp the right back alternative? He has been on the bench.

Put the best team out for me...and kick some some of Flatlanders Yeller Ass....

If they are 'athletes' it should be on to play two games a week..and get some consistency going....
If we were not serious about winning a game in this competition or winning that trophy...then why not just pull out of it..and maybe get our reserves in a local league where they would be strong and gain confidence throughout a season.

Last edited:

---------Nyland
----Pearson-Killkenny
Marcondes Taylor Rogers
---------Saydee

This team looks good, not just with Cahill to help Rossi, but Pearson to help Kilkenny.

I would say Marcondes in the hole , and then just a case of whether Taylor plays right or there is another player to try wide right.

With players starting to come back, I think Marcondes needs to step up a bit more if he wants to ensure minutes on the pitch and not the bench.. From what I've seen he has a tendency to drift in and out of games to much.

Might even be a game for either Stacey or Smith to get some minutes at the end??? Not sure if either are close enough to fitness though....
Not sure Marcondes has drifted in and out, more our ability to involve him and Brooks has been impacted by reliance on the left. His movement is very good and just doesn't get picked up. Would like to see him play more centrally.

Not sure Marcondes has drifted in and out, more our ability to involve him and Brooks has been impacted by reliance on the left. His movement is very good and just doesn't get picked up. Would like to see him play more centrally.

Yep I do agree that there were a lot of occasions that we refused to be braver with the pass to him on Saturday, but the two CBs need to wake up a bit and stop playing keep ball for the sake of it... However, versus Brum and on Saturday, I just don't think he did enough... We looked better on both occasions with Stan on the pitch.

A Bees mate of mine said he is a luxury player, which is why he never commanded a starting position with them... Became a bit of a super-sub... I'm seeing that already...

;