That Third Relegation Spot

...think Cardiff will drop, with Southampton and Brighton safe for another season.

As for Solent, I listened on the way home on Saturday and it seems that both Stains and Pompey get more coverage than us...Portsmouth's game got more airtime and Jackett was bleating on for ages compared to Howe's short interview and Willos summing up!

I will probably get slaughtered for saying this but I remember when we first got promoted all the positive comment from Saints fans on here and in the Echo sports section. On here some of us sound like a bitter bunch, resentful of our neighbours for reasons I don't understand. I prefer to concentrate on my team's success than wish ill of neighbours as you can be sure at some point (hopefully long time in the future) we will be in the same or worse position.
I lived in Southampton at the time of our promotion. I got plenty of 'well dones' etc, but it was never left at that. Always had something patronising or sarcastic tacked on with it. They can't help themselves.

I do not wish relegation on them, let me say that. I mean I wouldn't cry any tears, but I wouldn't actively wish them down.

But i do wish that the zombie existence they've lived these past 3 years: scrapping around the table (usually below us) playing dire football and getting beat most weeks especially at home, continues forever. And that's pretty much what i think will happen, like last years, they'll scrape by again. Possibly helped out by us again!

I don’t think Kevin James is the right link man for the football games.

At least for those that don’t/can’t get to home and away games we do get 90 minutes + coverage of our games.

The last two seasons we have been the top side on the South Coast, irrespective of who gets more air time.

I don’t think Kevin James is the right link man for the football games.
100% agree Billy. For an anchor role on a station with two PL clubs he's dreadful. At no stage during the 20-25 minute Pompey drivel-fest did it even occur to him to add some balance.

Did he thank listeners for helping him out on Lerma's ban? My ears were bleeding at the time so I might have misheard but most of the country were up on that one Kevin.

Without Kris Temple Solent is pure Partridge.

Kris is an excellent commentator, think one day we might lose him to someone higher in the chain than freelancing for Solent.

Think Kris has ‘adopted’ us as his second team after Gillingham.

Yes, but you are forgetting the decades of patronising put-downs and the lost generations of Dorset fans who decided to support Saints ahead of their local team, at a time when every fan through the gates really mattered to AFCB.

For those of my vintage, not so easy to forget.

:agree:

A few years ago we also had the joys of the pre-match phone in. At one time this was presented by Harry Gration, and was called "Harry's game" - unless you were a Bournemouth or Portsmouth fan, in which case it was referred to as "ask scummer Harry".

It was the most dreadfully biased rubbish. Worst of all was his weekly phone call with a woman called Elsie, who lived in Bournemouth, but supported that shower up the road and delighted in slagging us off every week, egged on by the presenter.

The phone in improved when Alan Ball took it over. He was usually fairly open-minded - but delighted in slagging off Rupert Lowe at every opportunity!

100% agree Billy. For an anchor role on a station with two PL clubs he's dreadful. At no stage during the 20-25 minute Pompey drivel-fest did it even occur to him to add some balance.

Did he thank listeners for helping him out on Lerma's ban? My ears were bleeding at the time so I might have misheard but most of the country were up on that one Kevin.

Without Kris Temple Solent is pure Partridge.
Kevin James is a cricketer (or was), whats he doing the football for

Kevin James is a cricketer (or was), whats he doing the football for

Needs to do something while there is no cricket.

The other reporters are covering games.

Not sure if he is freelance or employed.

Seems there has been change at Solent with this bloke going, not sport though.

ONE of BBC Radio Solent’s most popular presenters has been given the push after almost half a century.

Nick Girdler’s contract has not been renewed in a move which has angered his thousands of fans, who say they have been left “saddened and dismayed”.

The 68-year-old freelancer, who had presented programmes on Solent since 1972, hosted his final show yesterday.

Writing on his Facebook page he said: “I’m not going because I want to, I’m going because they want me to.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...esented-last-bbc-radio-solent-show-yesterday/

Yes, but you are forgetting the decades of patronising put-downs and the lost generations of Dorset fans who decided to support Saints ahead of their local team, at a time when every fan through the gates really mattered to AFCB.

For those of my vintage, not so easy to forget.
I must move in different circles David. I've been an AFCB fan since I was 10 and I'm 65 now. I've had a season ticket for the past 15 years. The Saints fans I've known have always been quite respectful, but mention Pompey and that's a different matter!

From a purely financial perspective, we would want Cardiff to stay up given that Harry has said he would like to stay with them, and they probably won't be able to afford him without PL money (to say nothing of problems resulting from their recent transfer misfortune).

To survive and grow these days a club needs 3 things:

1. An owner who wants the club to succeed on the pitch not just as a profit generating revenue stream. They must be able to resist taking short term profits in return for growing the asset.
2. A stable manager and back office team with talent who want to build a platform for the long term and not use it as a stepping stone to greener pastures
3. Players committed to the cause who appreciate the shirt and are not there for the ride or to attract a bigger club

SFC used to have all 3. Now they have none of the above. That's why they struggle. We have had all of the above for 6 years or so. Long may it continue.

really can't see scummers failing to beat fulham on wednesday, that should help put enough daylight between them and cardiff
and no doubt they'll get another win when we fail to turn up at their place, yet again

Well after this weeks results Cardiff look to be in serious trouble.
10 games left, only 4 at home and 4 games against top 6 sides.
Those two home defeats with a GD of 1-8 must really hurt.

...perhaps the latest lessons that we are getting handed will sharpen the minds and stop us from getting ahead of ourselves. It seems to be a regular thing that we look to be joining that group just outside the top six, then we disintegrate and our form dips!

We won't get relegated,but we are just close enough to be seeing some nerves and urgency to pick up points.

Hurt almost as much as our 2-21 GD in our last 6 away games.
I think Cardiffs GD of 1-8 at home to 2 mid table sides is way worse than our record away which includes games against Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool...............

I think Cardiffs GD of 1-8 at home to 2 mid table sides is way worse than our record away which includes games against Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool...............
For those who think we are in trouble we are still at 250/1 to go down!

;