That Third Relegation Spot

First a point about Solent yesterday. Heard it on the way to and from the game.

Different linkman yesterday, not sure who it was, but he was at Dean Court and sounded like he didn’t do a bad job.

Brighton eased their way from that last spot yesterday with the win against Huddersfield.

Cardiff still sitting in that third relegation place, with Saints just above them and Burnley slip behind Brighton.

I listen to Wave 105 at work for the first two hours of my day and on their news they always mention Saints,then Pompey,then us,it's ingrained in them...

I can't see it being Saints. Scoring goals and grinding some decent wins out. I could live with Burnley going down and Cardiff staying up, closer and a much better night out.

redharry is correct, brave and overachieving considering their squad that they are, they have a pretty much impossible task, other teams that were on the fringes such as the unmentionables are getting really good results.

The bookies 4/11 on them dropping is spot on,

I have mixed feelings about them as I dislike the violent scum that support the club but have a long standing respect for the old curmudgeon in charge.:yes:

Seems Saints have found their form at the right time.

They have a nasty habit of doing this with a little help from their ‘friends’. :grinning:

The Brighton v Saints maul aint gonna be pretty on the 30th....but it looks like the drop could be between Cardiff and Burnley who also play each other. Burnley really should have enough though!

A nicely balanced game next week at DC....a strike out now for the top ten...and if not, another finish above Saints/Brighton will be OK and mega - satisfying!

Last edited:
...As for Solent, I listened on the way home on Saturday and it seems that both Stains and Pompey get more coverage than us...Portsmouth's game got more airtime and Jackett was bleating on for ages compared to Howe's short interview and Willos summing up!

There's no denying Solent have a history of ignoring us but right now it's obvious why we're not getting huge coverage.

We're pretty much safe while Stains are struggling to avoid relegation and Pompey are chasing promotion and have a date at Wembley.

We've had another amazing season but promotion, relegation and big cup games are where the stories and the drama is.

EDITED TO ADD: Although I think that shite from the Dell will, sadly, stay up

…ONE of BBC Radio Solent’s most popular presenters has been given the push after almost half a century.
Nick Girdler’s contract has not been renewed in a move which has angered his thousands of fans, who say they have been left “saddened and dismayed”...

'... Solent’s most popular presenters...' - says who?

'...his thousands of fans...' - any evidence of that?

If you read his Facebook posts the Echo has pretty much copied them word for word. Excellent journalism!

;