The 4 line season preview.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Same as last season I have contacted friends (mainly ex military) to give a 4 line (ISH) mini preview on their thoughts for their own team this coming season.

WBA and Sheff Utd previews were done by friends of friends as I have no contacts with allegiance to either.

Some previews I got in before the end of July, so signings might have changed.

You will notice a lot of pessimism about lack of signings, money problems etc. We are not alone.

Remember, it's just for fun.

Part 1 today, Part 2 tomorrow.

BARNSLEY.

‌Interesting choice of manager in Schopp. Bags of experience with also ran Austrian teams, and a reputation for bringing on youthful players.
A new strike force of Cole and Oulare, who have not been so prolific with previous clubs.
Last year was exceptional, and at the start of the season, the play offs was a distant dream, but it happened.
This year, it's a distant dream again, but I can't see it being repeated.
11th - 13th.

BIRMINGHAM CITY.

Just call us "Grace Brothers FC". Our recruitment this summer has been a case of asking players "Are you free?", and if they are we sign the buggers.
A glut of loan players gives us a very much cobbled together look. Will they all gel?
14th at best.

BLACKBURN.

Nobody new in as yet, although the search for loans goes on. The usual transfer season rumours on Armstrong are circling, and if he goes,
the attack looks very weak. Too inconsistent last season. If it's more of the same, Mowbray will be gone before the Xmas decs are down from the loft.
10th.

BLACKPOOL.

Glad to be here. We went up with only 60 league goals last season. Unless that is addressed, then we are going to seriously struggle. We only conceded 37, and if the defence holds firm again, it will negate the lack of goals.
Jerry Yates is one to watch at this year. Glad he has signed a new 3 year deal.
18th and elated with that.

BRISTOL CITY.

Not a bad pre season as the side is now packed with players from the academy. Couple of journeyman signings to bolster midfield. But lacking a prolific striker could cost us. I will be happy with a better season than last. Would like top six but more likely 8th- 10th.

CARDIFF.

I just wanted us to bolster defence, and we have. A partner was needed for Keifer Moore, James Collins from Luton maybe the supplier of those knock downs with his height. Expecting more consistency this season.
Play offs.

COVENTRY:

A very respectable 16th last season after a shaky start. With a glut of free signings, I don't think we have improved the squad, but I think the league is a bit weaker this year.
We have lost every pre season friendly, and look a bit light in all areas.
Same again would be fine. 16th. 15th is progress right?

DERBY:

A huge clear out, and rightly so, maybe 20 odd players. And with our embargo, they have been replaced with freebie non-league superstars from the likes of Sutton Coldfield. God help us. It ain't going to be pretty. Expecting to see lots of goals at Pride Park, unfortunately, not for us.
24th.

FULHAM:

The Silva era begins. You stole our manager, and I thank you for that. We might see our best players back now having had the slate wiped clean. Harry Wilson is the big signing with the parachute dosh so far, and he has received mixed reviews. Hoping we will be adventurous and attacking as the ability is there for a swift return.
Automatic Promotion, hopefully with you lot.

HUDDERSFIELD:

Close scrape last season. Not expecting much better this season. The return of Jordan Rhodes is a boost, all be it 10 years later.
The worst defence in last years championship has been addressed with new faces in Ruffels, Pearson, and Lees.
15th.

HULL CITY:

Full of confidence after promotion, and with a decent start, that will carry forward in to a decent season. The defence is solid, the midfield has been bolstered. We are going to surprise a few.
10th. The ability is there.

LUTON TOWN:

Did you know we finished 12th last season? Frugal in conceding goals, and even more frugal trying to score them. So, in comes Cameron Jerome & Onedimya, who was more than decent for Wycombe last season. Perhaps we might be more adventurous this term and crack 50 goals scored. That would put us around the same position as last term.
11th.

Same as last season I have contacted friends (mainly ex military) to give a 4 line (ISH) mini preview on their thoughts for their own team this coming season.

WBA and Sheff Utd previews were done by friends of friends as I have no contacts with allegiance to either.

Some previews I got in before the end of July, so signings might have changed.

You will notice a lot of pessimism about lack of signings, money problems etc. We are not alone.

Remember, it's just for fun.

Part 1 today, Part 2 tomorrow.

BARNSLEY.

‌Interesting choice of manager in Schopp. Bags of experience with also ran Austrian teams, and a reputation for bringing on youthful players.
A new strike force of Cole and Oulare, who have not been so prolific with previous clubs.
Last year was exceptional, and at the start of the season, the play offs was a distant dream, but it happened.
This year, it's a distant dream again, but I can't see it being repeated.
11th - 13th.

BIRMINGHAM CITY.

Just call us "Grace Brothers FC". Our recruitment this summer has been a case of asking players "Are you free?", and if they are we sign the buggers.
A glut of loan players gives us a very much cobbled together look. Will they all gel?
14th at best.

BLACKBURN.

Nobody new in as yet, although the search for loans goes on. The usual transfer season rumours on Armstrong are circling, and if he goes,
the attack looks very weak. Too inconsistent last season. If it's more of the same, Mowbray will be gone before the Xmas decs are down from the loft.
10th.

BLACKPOOL.

Glad to be here. We went up with only 60 league goals last season. Unless that is addressed, then we are going to seriously struggle. We only conceded 37, and if the defence holds firm again, it will negate the lack of goals.
Jerry Yates is one to watch at this year. Glad he has signed a new 3 year deal.
18th and elated with that.

BRISTOL CITY.

Not a bad pre season as the side is now packed with players from the academy. Couple of journeyman signings to bolster midfield. But lacking a prolific striker could cost us. I will be happy with a better season than last. Would like top six but more likely 8th- 10th.

CARDIFF.

I just wanted us to bolster defence, and we have. A partner was needed for Keifer Moore, James Collins from Luton maybe the supplier of those knock downs with his height. Expecting more consistency this season.
Play offs.

COVENTRY:

A very respectable 16th last season after a shaky start. With a glut of free signings, I don't think we have improved the squad, but I think the league is a bit weaker this year.
We have lost every pre season friendly, and look a bit light in all areas.
Same again would be fine. 16th. 15th is progress right?

DERBY:

A huge clear out, and rightly so, maybe 20 odd players. And with our embargo, they have been replaced with freebie non-league superstars from the likes of Sutton Coldfield. God help us. It ain't going to be pretty. Expecting to see lots of goals at Pride Park, unfortunately, not for us.
24th.

FULHAM:

The Silva era begins. You stole our manager, and I thank you for that. We might see our best players back now having had the slate wiped clean. Harry Wilson is the big signing with the parachute dosh so far, and he has received mixed reviews. Hoping we will be adventurous and attacking as the ability is there for a swift return.
Automatic Promotion, hopefully with you lot.

HUDDERSFIELD:

Close scrape last season. Not expecting much better this season. The return of Jordan Rhodes is a boost, all be it 10 years later.
The worst defence in last years championship has been addressed with new faces in Ruffels, Pearson, and Lees.
15th.

HULL CITY:

Full of confidence after promotion, and with a decent start, that will carry forward in to a decent season. The defence is solid, the midfield has been bolstered. We are going to surprise a few.
10th. The ability is there.

LUTON TOWN:

Did you know we finished 12th last season? Frugal in conceding goals, and even more frugal trying to score them. So, in comes Cameron Jerome & Onedimya, who was more than decent for Wycombe last season. Perhaps we might be more adventurous this term and crack 50 goals scored. That would put us around the same position as last term.
11th.
You could have saved yourself the bother of all that ringing around trying to find a fan of each Championship club tbh......
You could've just gone for a pint in Brian's local!

You could have saved yourself the bother of all that ringing around trying to find a fan of each Championship club tbh......
You could've just gone for a pint in Brian's local!

Oh come on.
There isn't a Luton fan in that part of the world.
What do you think goes in to a Ginsters?

...sod it..here is my final table predictions!

WBA
AFC Bournemouth
QPR
Stoke City
Nottingham Forest
Fulham
Sheffield United
Cardiff City
Reading
Middlesbrough
Bristol City
Swansea City
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Preston North End
Coventry City
Luton Town
Huddersfield Town
Peterborough United
Hull City
Barnsley
Derby County
Millwall
Blackpool

...given us a shout at least!

Sheff Utd
AFCB
Cardiff
Fulham
WBA
Forest

QPR
Millwall
Stoke
Swansea
Middlesbrough
Reading

Luton
Bristol City
Birmingham
Blackpool
Barnsley
Coventry

Blackburn
Preston
Hull
Peterborough
Huddersfield
Derby

Maybe a bit ambitious on Blackpool

Sheff Utd
AFCB
Cardiff
Fulham
WBA
Forest

QPR
Millwall
Stoke
Swansea
Middlesbrough
Reading

Luton
Bristol City
Birmingham
Blackpool
Barnsley
Coventry

Blackburn
Preston
Hull
Peterborough
Huddersfield
Derby

Maybe a bit ambitious on Blackpool

Very ambitious on both Derby and Millwall (you know they have Afobe up front).

Part 2.
Will do AFCB tomorrow as obviously there are a number of signings coming in the next 24 hours.

MIDDLESBROUGH:

We haven’t really signed anyone who stands out, but we’ve got a manager who’s won more promotions than the rest of the managers in the league combined ( not sure if that’s a correct stat but I don’t think it’s far off )
I think we might do top 6 if we can get a half decent striker in. But you never know with the Boro, they always have a habit of letting you down at the worst times But at the same time, the way Warnock has us playing I think we’ll be hard to beat in most games.

MILLWALL:

A few new signings, Benik Adobe (loan) Daniel Ballard (loan. ) Scott Malone, George Saville, with Ryan Leonard back from injury and if we can hang on to Jed Wallace most supporters would be happy with a top ten finish, but some optimism on getting to the play offs this year as our defence is good, just need to score more goals, hopefully Afobe could be the difference.

NOTTS FOREST:

Finding the net was a problem last season, so we have signed a new goalkeeper. Forest in a ******* nutshell. A right back would be nice too, so expecting a new catering contractor to come in. Seriously tho' just 37 goals was pathetic, kind of offset by not letting that many more in. It was a good season to be locked out the ground as it was boring. Even found myself switching off the I follow feed and channel hoping to find "A place in the sun" repeats.
We can all dream, can't we?
10th, because that 20 goal a season striker is on his way. Ahem!

PETERBOROUGH:

History says we don't hang around too long at this level. 2 years last time, one the year before that. If we sell Clarke-Harris, and Dembele, it will be brief again. But that is the nature of the beast, we have to sell to function.
Pleased to have Jack Marriott back, prolific when last here, but not had much joy on his travels since.
18th would be nice.

PRESTON:

Finished last season with 4 wins, which gave us an elevated position and what I thought was a more realistic position. We have had a bit of a sweep out, but as yet, not much has come in to replace the old guard.
We still have a reasonable sized squad, maybe overloaded with defenders. Like everyone, we want that forward with 20 goals, but as I write, we haven't got a 10 goal striker.
10th/11th. It's boring, but safe.

QPR:

This is our year. Can feel it in my water. Andre Dozzell is a key signing, and joined by Sam Field, di Wijs, & Johansen who are now all signed permanently after improving the side whilst on loan last term.
Play Offs.

READING:

Last season it was the Manager who joined just before the season kicked off, got us off to a flyer, then we fell apart in spectacular fashion...again.
Under a transfer embargo, the squad looks wafer thin, to the point that if we want to play 4 at the back, we are going to have to dip in to the Academy side.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the "Select Car Leasing Stadium" (Yep, really) in October.
16th.

SHEFFIELD UNITED:

Two season wonder do you say?. God it was dire last season, tho' we did improve after relegation was confirmed.
Not much news in changing the squad as yet. Nobody in, a few released to make the book audit a more pleasant read.
I seriously don't see us being the "Big Boys" bossing it this season, having spent enough years in the Championship to know what a slog it is.

STOKE CITY.

A broom has swept the deadwood aside, and a little bit of money has been set aside to assist O'Neill in delivering the dream.
Surridge from you lot is interesting. Midfielders got most our goals last term, so here is hoping he is our 20 goal a season man.
Optimistic. Play Offs

SWANSEA:

A new managed shoed in a week before the season. Not ideal. Still, Martin comes with a good reputation, blah, blah.
He actually comes with a record that says lower half League 1 finish.
New upfront are a couple of kids with little experience.
We are not HP in South Wales.
Lower half.

WBA:

Little change squad wise, and in true Baggies fashion, you just know we will be there or there abouts.
It's never more than 2 seasons before we rise in glory, survive above the snake pit, and return to rise again.
Never boring here.
Top 2. Or if not, Top 2 next season.

Fulham
Bournemouth
WBA
Stoke
Sheffield United
Forest
Qpr
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Cardiff
Peterborough
Luton
Blackburn
Birmingham
Bristol City
Reading
Coventry
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Swansea
Blackpool
Hull
Preston
Derby

AFCB:

I've left it till 10 hours before the season kicks off before writing this.
Let's look at our current situation.

Negatives.

No number one keeper in place.
A lot of youngsters making the step up at once will prove very testing.
Paper thin squad throughout.
Waiting to sell Danjuma/Lerma before some funds are made available for replacements. I am sure as the transfer deadline arrives, the price will drop considerably.
No captain nominated.
Last parachute payment, very last chance to get back.
Tea has gone up 10p in the North Stand. (Solent forum. I miss you)

Positives.

New manager, new ideas.
Fans back.
Young hungry squad (hopefully)

Prediction. 9th

A few other short verses from our fans.

"New chapter in the AFCB story.... A potentially exciting season awaits... Top 6 finish with a few scares on the way UTCIAD "

"A good start, get flying high, and s**t on the b****** below"
2nd.

Whatever happens, all the best to the lads.
Get out there, do your best, and the fans will be right behind you.

"Boscombe! Back of the net!

...sod it..here is my final table predictions!

WBA
AFC Bournemouth
QPR
Stoke City
Nottingham Forest
Fulham
Sheffield United
Cardiff City
Reading
Middlesbrough
Bristol City
Swansea City
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Preston North End
Coventry City
Luton Town
Huddersfield Town
Peterborough United
Hull City
Barnsley
Derby County
Millwall
Blackpool

...given us a shout at least!
I fancy QPR to do well. Looked decent the 2nd half of last season, made some good signings and have a manager that knows the league.

AFCB:

Negatives.

Waiting to sell Danjuma/Lerma before some funds are made available for replacements. I am sure as the transfer deadline arrives, the price will drop considerably.
No captain nominated.

Positives.

New manager, new ideas.
Fans back.

Prediction. 9th

"New chapter in the AFCB story.... A potentially exciting season awaits... Top 6 finish with a few scares on the way UTCIAD "

2nd.

Nice one Al.
Enjoy this, it's always nice to see Championship supporters realism after having to listen to the armchair Premier league usuals.

Nice one Al.
Enjoy this, it's always nice to see Championship supporters realism after having to listen to the armchair Premier league usuals.

A lot of pessimism out there.
It's been a tough 18 months for all.

I'll get back to everyone around Xmas and see how hopes change.

AFCB:

Negatives.

No captain nominated.

Positives.

New manager, new ideas.
Fans back.

Prediction. 9th

2nd.

Aren't parachute payments over 3 years (previously 4) as long as the club was in the PL longer than 1 season, which we obviously were. It's something like 45m, 30m, 15m.

I'd agree with about 9th based on our squad currently. Hard to say what the squad will look like in 3 weeks, so hopes might change in either direction!

AFCB:

Negatives.

No captain nominated.

Positives.

New manager, new ideas.
Fans back.

Prediction. 9th

2nd.

It's not the last season of parachute payments btw.

;