The £4m Match v Palace

tednphil

UTC Legend
If we win, we finish 12th. If we lose and Newcastle win at Fulham, we finish 14th.
A difference of about £4m in prize money!

Let's hope we can put a shift in next week. Lots of local bets with a few local Palace fans riding on this game. Last season Palace finished above us on goal dif

Although Cardiff were pretty much doomed anyway, Palace gave them enough chances yesterday.

48 points would also be the clubs highest points tally in the PL so something to play for.

Eddie can then search for that 'top coach' to tell him he's doing it all wrong ;)

Or alternatively that top coach that can tell him he’s doing it all right and help him refine it to push on a bit.

Or alternatively that top coach that can tell him he’s doing it all right and help him refine it to push on a bit.

Push onto where Neil ?...'Watford' I guess and last season it was 'Burnley' . I heard Franno say at one point half the squad were Injured. I'd like to see some magician come in and resolve that one.

Another great season in my opinion. Still punching above our weight in most respects.

Push onto where Neil ?...'Watford' I guess and last season it was 'Burnley' . I heard Franno say at one point half the squad were Injured. I'd like to see some magician come in and resolve that one.

Another great season in my opinion. Still punching above our weight in most respects.

Agreed ! Another great season , but what seems to be a lot of posters thoughts regarding keeping our star players is “pushing on “challenging the top six . For them it’s not good enough to just remain one of the also rans ....why shouldn’t we also look at the coaching staff as well as the playing staff if pushing on is what the club are aiming for .

Agreed ! Another great season , but what seems to be a lot of posters thoughts regarding keeping our star players is “pushing on “challenging the top six . For them it’s not good enough to just remain one of the also rans ....why shouldn’t we also look at the coaching staff as well as the playing staff if pushing on is what the club are aiming for .

Challenging the top six ? Would that not require the 'next level' of Investment ? We seem to be at a crossroads in relation to balancing @##structure and signings.

I think Wolves are a player or two from challenging the top six but I'm not sure we could ever compete could we?

Challenging the top six ? Would that not require the 'next level' of Investment ? We seem to be at a crossroads in relation to balancing @##structure and signings.

I think Wolves are a player or two from challenging the top six but I'm not sure we could ever compete could we?

No I agree with you ,I don’t think we will ever challenge the top six ..a lot of posters seem to think otherwise though ie dont sell Fraser ,stay injury free ,sorted ,Champions league here we come . I just want us to stay in the PL long enough to guarantee financial safety for a generation or so .

Maybe it just might be in the clubs interest to instead of spunking all the extra 4 million from finishing 12 on a periphery squad player maybe spend a bit of it on some supplementary coaching staff .

Last edited:
No I agree with you ,I don’t think we will ever challenge the top six ..a lot of posters seem to think otherwise though ie dont sell Fraser ,stay injury free ,sorted ,Champions league here we come . I just want us to stay in the PL long enough to guarantee financial safety for a generation or so .

Of course mate. Its just balancing this argument about coaching staff I guess that only arises when we lose. It seems odd a bunch of League 1 players can develop and transgress to accomplished PL players but coaching staff can't do the same? That aside I would like to think Eddie is open to anything.

Edit...you edited ;) yep hopefully Eddie is open improving anything on the coaching / playing side.

Last edited:
The coaching issue is interesting isn't it. When we were in the lower reaches of the football league. Eddie could go off and seek advice from the likes of Brendan Rodgers or Maurizio Sarri amongst others but he can't do that now and perhaps he doesn't need too. Can he make the step up by himself? I guess Clough did it, he had to give up his playing career and didn't travel far from home. Just looking at Pep's career. Similar to Eddie in the sense they were both defensive players but there similarities pretty much end. Pep certainly has been on his travels, gaining experience I guess. One of the things that Pep did was to coach Barcelona's 'B' team which I suspect is one of the reasons that the new training facilities and a good reserve team are so important to the club in bringing on potential coaches for the future as much as players.

;