The Club's recommendation on face coverings

No these are also useless face nappies that won't prevent airborne virus particles entering you.

Surgeons and nurses wear these to prevent saliva entering open wounds, or in the event of an accident the patients blood entering their orifices.

Ah ..you are one of "those" aren't you ....

They're good enough for surgeons in surgery and nurses and doctors on wards, but not good enough for some in a football ground.

As most others, I didn't wear one btw, just pointing out how ridiculous the argument is that they're ineffective. The government really cocked up saying they're useless then backtracking.

The reality is, wearing such a face covering, gives some protection to others, in the event of a sneeze or a cough by the wearer but the masks don't protect the wearer.
There's probably a placebo effect for the wearer(s) though (and a great many £millions for those in the right place, who benefited from the demand caused by government regulations, around the world, to wear such coverings, to say nothing of the Chinese economy, where most were manufactured)

It's notable how split and passionate people are online about this, whereas in the real world real people are just getting on with life as close to normality as they can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/...sh-flu-ebola-epidemics.html#commentsContainer

The pics are fascinating and the comments are also interesting.

I'd forgotten about the 68/69 flu pandemic, despite living through it - probably because we weren't allowed to bunk off school - until it was brought up again last year.

I'll just pop on my tin-foil hat and point out, that in all of my lifetime, there has been something to be scared of, that is going to wipe humans off the face of the Earth:

- nuclear armageddon
- Hong Kong Flu
- AIDS
- BSE (Mad Cow disease)
- SARS (first one I can remember that had pics and reports of peeps in Asia wearing masks)
- Swine Flu
- Ebola
- MERS (Camel Flu)

and now SARS-CoV2 (Covid-19), all of which, were/are accompanied by media hysteria that intelligent life would be wiped out.

The reality is, that the numbers of humans are greater than at any time in history; however governments seem hell bent on convincing the population, that only those currently in power have the intellect and know-how, to prevent us all from dying prematurely.

I shall now remove my hat and go for a pint.

Last edited:
You seem confused? You stated..

"If I thought a mask would protect others or me I would wear one at the stadium"

and now you are saying they do work if you buy the correct ones. You can buy medical paper masks up and down the high street. So what is it? You think they work or they don't? Here you go for the next home game 50 masks for under a tenner ..

https://www.nightingale-ppe.com/pro...Yhb1aDm4NXjz5f1aXQ4XeCVRICdEScxhoC5c4QAvD_BwE

See you at the ground...
When the scientists said the risk was such they were a requirement, I wore one. When they judged the risk had diminished and we didn’t have to I didn’t. I have personal views but am a good citizen. Vaccination makes perfect sense. Anyone medical I know says that. They aren’t so convinced by masks worn outside and clearly now neither are the advisors to the government. I don’t begrudge you wearing one though.

Never have the leaders of the World been able to monetize the most common illness and killer of humans... until now. The Flu (repackaged for the thousandth time, on this occassion as COVID). It's in their interest for this to continue forever and it will because the Flu cannot be beaten just like the previous 500m years and every useful idiot will bend over and spread their cheeks because they all need walking through life and can't find any responsibility or thought of their own to challenge why authority may not actually care about them.

Never have the leaders of the World been able to monetize the most common illness and killer of humans... until now. The Flu (repackaged for the thousandth time, on this occassion as COVID). It's in their interest for this to continue forever and it will because the Flu cannot be beaten just like the previous 500m years and every useful idiot will bend over and spread their cheeks because they all need walking through life and can't find any responsibility or thought of their own to challenge why authority may not actually care about them.

It must be sad going through life so confused about reality that you need to invent history and wallow in the dark world of conspiracy fantasies while calling others "idiots". I guess some need to compensate for certain physical deficiencies.

If anyone is looking for some real FFP3, better than FFP2, respirators to wear (they are hard to find) put the words "dental sky" in Google. I spent 5 weeks in a COVID ward, saw a bunch of people die, tried it myself but came back to life...you can't get better protection than these 3M's. They are also a lot more comfortable than cheap cloth masks that, as noted, don't offer all that much protection. We have an older fan base and I'd really like to see everyone there for the promotion parade! Be it in 2022 or 2042.

Stick to the football, because the other stuff you spout is ********************************.

Just because of a person who had the flu it doesn't mean they are invincible. The Flu was so good in the first place, because of one of their original ingredients. The Flu has not just gone out into the world, but reached much smaller states of the Earth. What we know now as COVID has evolved beyond the reach of just people; they have come to the brink of extinction. If something has a powerful impact on a place or people, a place has to have something we can change and they have to have a place we can create and we can change, and while we have to make that change we have to make the changes we can and that is why, on my watch, COVID has been the last country they have come anywhere in the world where they have been the first to destroy society, and the first to completely kill someone and kill any that they choose to.

They are just another part of an insidious and destructive conspiracy to enslave humans, they do not even exist! They don't even exist because the Flu has been propagated through a vast conspiracy of scientists. Scientists who do not care about any of you. If this makes you unhappy, feel free to change it and just stop believing the same lies and lies being perpetuated by you everyday people who aren't even aware of it. The majority of people that think they know everything about the Flu aren't. They are blinded by fear and ignorance, and this is why they exist; they have no idea what it is they are saying or they are ignorant.

Their actions are not based on science, they are based on hatred and hatred of others. They know that you can do something for them, how you feel is irrelevant to you. If you don't feel they are doing something for you, then don't say 'yes'.

A new plague, not a natural one is in the making. For all those who are afraid of the Flu, they will not be able to find an antidote or even to take them as a second step and they will all kill themselves instantly. The Flu will still live until some time in the coming days.

Caveats: Some of the world leaders will say that the Flu will continue to be an important part of humanity's life (especially after decades of its destruction). In reality this is just a projection of what has been put in place, so they will only call the "mainline" (this is a huge euphemism). But does the Flu not have more influence on the world then the Global Flood or is the Flu already omnipotent?

No, as long as there are no further casualties, no serious disease or any kind of epidemic, the Flu is completely harmless.

Now think about it - there was never a time when "humans" were considered by some as the best, smartest, most powerful human being. So this will prove to be a perfect time for a new era of tyranny, and there's certainly no place for their bullshit any more - even now it's just in the headlines anymore, and no one seems to care that they didn't create the flu of the past 500 years or something even remotely similar. In fact, now that we may have heard of that story, even the "experts" all pretend to think that we're all the same, and it looks like they won't tell you anymore. The first time I saw this was in the US about three years ago when I called them out and they told me this was it: "We knew the Flu and now we find them." How do we know that? Because we've been there - no one knows that. But I do.

And that's what I think about that.

Last edited:
Just because of a person who had the flu it doesn't mean they are invincible. The Flu was so good in the first place, because of one of their original ingredients, The Flu has not just gone out into the world, but reached much smaller states of the earth. What we know now as COVID has evolved beyond the reach of just people, they have come to the brink of extinction. If something has a powerful impact on a place or people, a place has to have something we can change and they have to have a place we can create and we can change, and, while we have to make that change we have to make the changes we can and that is why, on my watch, COVID has been the last country they have come anywhere in the world where they have been the first to destroy society, and the first to completely kill someone and kill any that they chose to.

They are just another part of an insidious and destructive conspiracy to enslave humans, they do not even exist! They don't even exist because the Flu has been propagated through a vast conspiracy of scientists, scientists who do not care about any of you. If this makes you unhappy, feel free to change it and just stop believing the same lies and lies being perpetuated by you everyday people who aren't even aware of it. The majority of people that think they know everything about the Flu aren't. They are blinded by fear and ignorance, and this is why they exist, they have no idea what it is they are saying or they are ignorant.

Their actions are not based on science, they are based on hatred and hatred of others. They know that you can do something for them, how you feel is irrelevant to you. If you don't feel they are doing something for you, then don't say 'yes'.

A new plague, not a natural one is in the making. For all those who are afraid of the Flu, they will not be able to find an antidote or even to take them as a second step and they will all kill themselves instantly. The Flu will still live until some time in the coming days.

Caveats: Some of the world leaders will say that the Flu will continue to be an important part of humanity's life (especially after decades of its destruction). In reality this is just a projection of what has been put in place, so they will only call the "mainline" (this is a huge euphemism). But do the Flu not have more influence on the world then the Global Flood or are the Flu already omnipotent?

No, as long as there are no further casualties, no serious disease or any kind of epidemic, the Flu is completely harmless.

Now think about it - there was never a time when "humans" were considered by some as the best, smartest, most powerful human being. So this will prove to be a perfect time for a new era of tyranny, and there's certainly no place for their bullshit any more - even now it's just in the headlines anymore, and no one seems to care that they didn't create the flu of the past 500 years or something even remotely similar. In fact, now that we may have heard of that story, even the "experts" all pretend to think that we're all the same, and it looks like they won't tell you anymore. The first time I saw this was in the US about three years ago when I called them out and they told me this was it: "We knew the Flu and now we find them." How do we know that? Because we've been there - no one knows that. But I do.

And that's what I think about that.
I've read this a few times and I've no idea what this is trying to say.

When the scientists said the risk was such they were a requirement, I wore one. When they judged the risk had diminished and we didn’t have to I didn’t. I have personal views but am a good citizen. Vaccination makes perfect sense. Anyone medical I know says that. They aren’t so convinced by masks worn outside and clearly now neither are the advisors to the government. I don’t begrudge you wearing one though.

You're confusing the scientific community with the Government.

Medical staff that know better than Sage CDC and WHO as well as coaches that know better than Premier League coaches. You keep illustrious company and all of whom unanimously agree with you.

You're confusing the scientific community with the Government.

Medical staff that know better than Sage CDC and WHO as well as coaches that know better than Premier League coaches. You keep illustrious company and all of whom unanimously agree with you.
What a load of crap! The government follow medical advice. If the government didn’t want masks we’d never have had them. We had them for the periods scientists recommended them (once they had reversed their initial expertise that they didn’t work) and now haven’t got them because they don’t see the need.

Its also not just mine or anyone I knows opinion, loads and loads written about it once the decision was taken that they aren’t necessary any more. Remember we are talking about an outside event here. Have you seen the stats for Covid caught in the open air outside?

;