The grapes are sour in Nottingham

It's so odd that they see their whole (impressive) season boiling down to two incidents in one game that didn't even guarantee promotion AND that those two decisions would have been over-turned if VAR was rolled out in the championship. It really is sour grapes for a team that actually finished fourth (8 points behind second place). I think the bigger question for the owner is, why was Forest so bad in the second half, he should ask Cooper what happened.

Last edited:
Oh dear, How sad. assume the rules new rules should be clear...only sides with Forest as the last part of their name can be promoted....this clarity needed just in case Forest Green Rovers get all unnecessary!!!

Some of their fans must be getting embarrassed by all of this? It’s like they’re the first side to ever have a game postponed.

If our original fixture against Swansea went ahead I’m sure we would have battered them, instead we fell 3-0 down in the rearranged game.

I would bet a pound to a pinch of s**t that Forest have had a pen they shouldn’t have had this season or a pen should have been given against them but wasn’t. Hey ho.

Not exactly helping themselves now, are they? What are they trying to do - manipulate their play off referees into making decisions in their favour? Not sure complaining about the standard of refereeing so openly is going to help them there. Admittedly, the standard has been universally shocking but I don't think this will go down well.

And, let’s face it, the split-second linesman’s call for the penalty decision was not why they lost the game

The postponement was not why they lost the game

They lost the game because, for probably 30 seconds whilst Phil was standing over the ball, the goalkeeper and the defence decided that it was a good plan NOT to pick up a centre forward standing unmarked ten yards from the goal

And, let’s face it, the split-second linesman’s call for the penalty decision was not why they lost the game

The postponement was not why they lost the game

They lost the game because, for probably 30 seconds whilst Phil was standing over the ball, the goalkeeper and the defence decided that it was a good plan NOT to pick up a centre forward standing unmarked ten yards from the goal

Yep and because they were knackered because we dominated them, so they lost concentration.

Over the course of the season these things happen. If you’re good enough these incidents won’t matter. We could say that if that ball didn’t fully cross the line in the Fulham game we could have won the league. They are good enough to win the play offs if they get their head down and concentrate on the task in hand. Isn’t that right @Dirk Furtull

Well Cooper and their supporters keep making the point that their players were knackered having had to play catch up with all their games in the last couple of months.
Apparently it all caught up with them during the second half against us.
What did they think our players were doing while they were playing these games ? Hanging around some gentleman's club drinking Brandy and smoking Cuban's whilst poor Forest had to travel the country toiling away.
They really are running scared of the play offs and their owner is really making himself look a prat and not for the first time.
Add to this, there is some conjecture as to whether Attwell did actually apologise to Cooper at all .

I assume this is totally different to how some of us are still banging on about that goal line technology fail in the final Premier League season that relegated us, as opposed to us being **************** for three-quarters of the season :)

ETA :) smiley

;