The grapes are sour in Nottingham

Step aside Leeds the pundits now have a new sweetheart. Lineker and co will be simply gushing over Cooper and his troops. It's all that history they have and the fact that they are such a huuuuuuuge club. We'll be able to slip under the radar and go about our business of staying up. We will finish higher than Florest next season.

and also take up our slot last on the show

Step aside Leeds the pundits now have a new sweetheart. Lineker and co will be simply gushing over Cooper and his troops. It's all that history they have and the fact that they are such a huuuuuuuge club. We'll be able to slip under the radar and go about our business of staying up. We will finish higher than Florest next season.

On the Sky coverage they didn’t discuss Huddersfield or the penalty incidents until about 10 minutes before the end of their production.

Basically all Forest.

Had it been between 2 top PL teams the 2 penalties not given would have been the first thing debated at length .

On the Sky coverage they didn’t discuss Huddersfield or the penalty incidents until about 10 minutes before the end of their production.

Basically all Forest.

Had it been between 2 top PL teams the 2 penalties not given would have been the first thing debated at length .
I think the second shout for a penalty was definitely deserving of one. VAR was being used but I'm not sure it was actually used. My biggest gripe was having John Moss as the ref. The leagues poorest official given such a huge game as it is was his last before thankfully retiring. Although how a fella carrying that much weight as an official could last 90 mins is actually quite a feat !

Basically all Forest.

You could see how awkward they were when doing the post match coverage after our game with them too, it was blatantly obvious that it wasn’t the outcome that they wanted or expected. Irrelevant little Bournemouth getting promoted doesn’t sell itself to viewers any here near as much as the mighty sleeping giant that is Nottingham Forest achieving the impossible dream and returning to their rightful place at the top of the ladder. I’d be surprised if Sky didn’t release a documentary about their promotion and title it something like ‘Steve Cooper and the impossible dream.’ It’s sickening.

They need to spend a fortune just to give them the side they had in the championship with, spence, gibbs white, Garner, Davis. And potentially a keeper

They need to spend a fortune just to give them the side they had in the championship with, spence, gibbs white, Garner, Davis. And potentially a keeper
They didn’t have Gibbs White in the championship.

Reports this morning that they will be given 100m to spend. As we’ve seen before with Fulham this doesn’t always guarantee survival. It is however a damning reflection of how ludicrous the financial climate is becoming in the top flight that even newly promoted/bottom half clubs are regularly spending 100m+ just to stay in the division. I fear that we are heading towards a situation where it is going to be impossible to compete at the top level without a multi billionaire owner.

Reports this morning that they will be given 100m to spend. As we’ve seen before with Fulham this doesn’t always guarantee survival. It is however a damning reflection of how ludicrous the financial climate is becoming in the top flight that even newly promoted/bottom half clubs are regularly spending 100m+ just to stay in the division. I fear that we are heading towards a situation where it is going to be impossible to compete at the top level without a multi billionaire owner.

That’s why I felt super league should happen. Let the billionaires fight it out leaving English top flight football more open and less dominated by supposed top6. Would be a more enjoyable competive division and more popular. English breakaway clubs would soon realise what they are missing. Then teams like Everton villa wolves West Ham etc could seriously challenge for honours. Still have European competitions but without the supposed elite with their closed relegation. Let them go!!

That’s why I felt super league should happen. Let the billionaires fight it out leaving English top flight football more open and less dominated by supposed top6. Would be a more enjoyable competive division and more popular. English breakaway clubs would soon realise what they are missing. Then teams like Everton villa wolves West Ham etc could seriously challenge for honours. Still have European competitions but without the supposed elite with their closed relegation. Let them go!!
I have to say that I’m inclined to agree with you. The modern day game has become so financially imbalanced that it is becoming impossible to compete with the elite.

I have to say that I’m inclined to agree with you. The modern day game has become so financially imbalanced that it is becoming impossible to compete with the elite.

Something has to give - to be honest countries like Germany France etc need it even more given one club domination. Personally feel a more open top flight would be exciting although with less money.

Before this came out it was in the press that Forest are looking to replace him as number 1 with Pope being the favourite.

At the quoted transfer fee of £40m I think Pope will be out of their reach tbh, even if he were to be remotely interested in another relegation battle with Forest.

Tbf, that £100m will go a long way to securing the services of Gibbs-White, Garner, Spence and the rest of the mob they loaned or will look to lose... Yates is another that I could see them losing to a midd table PL outfit... The side that they went up with 'could' do a job to keep them in the PL as they would be very strong at home...

Yes, Fulham spent stupid money and it backfired massively on them, but if Forest spent shed loads on securing a team that is riding a serious wave (bit like our 14/15 side), I don't think it would be bad business..

Forest had a brilliant run albeit played a lot of teams you would expect a promoted team to beat - as did Huddersfield. They built up a momentum and confidence that became almost unstoppable. Afcb’s second half was immense against them which punctured the run and tbh in play offs they were lucky to beat sheff Utd and Huddersfield.

i could see them staying up given home form and cooper’s ability to organise defensively. But recruitment will be key and could see them going down if they don’t get that right.

;