The highs and highs of Howe at Bournemouth

So Eddie decided himself it was time to leave in that 1 minute interview.

We knew he had ‘burnt’ himself out after 5 seasons in the Premier League.

He has now joined another club, but I believe his ‘heart’ is still at our club.

Para from the Athletic.

Newcastle have won 20 of Howe’s 41 league games. Over the same period, only Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have accumulated more than their 71 points.

Interesting Eddie said leaving was a joint decision, but even if we had stayed up he was in a mind set to have managed us, so would have still left.
Not sure that fits with being Blakes fault he left

Interesting Eddie said leaving was a joint decision, but even if we had stayed up he was in a mind set to have managed us, so would have still left.
Not sure that fits with being Blakes fault he left
"He was in a mind set to have managed us, so would still have left." Eh?
Haven't watched this yet, is that what he said?

Last edited:
Jesus, that Harry Arter moment... Just bawled my eyes out. That 30 seconds says everything about the golden Eddie Howe period, for me. Ignore the top10 finish and big wins against big teams, that few weeks was the absolute peak of AFC Bournemouth's history. A £2million squad cutting it in the Premier League against teams whose 3rd choice goalkeeper alone cost 5 times that, through hard work, togetherness and the leadership of a dedicated manager ingrained in the fabric of the club.

I can't even imagine how difficult it was for Arter after that but the way he left us seemed really, really odd. This may appear harsh as I guess there's no correct way to deal with such enormous grief, but it always had similar feelings to the Ryan Fraser situation... Just something (other than the obvious) not right somewhere.

Eddie might be one of the most dignified football professionals of the modern age. He'd taken us as far as he could go, he gave it absolutely everything he could and I'm delighted he's having so much success. Can't wait for him to have a crack at England one day.

Yes watched tonight......every thing you would expect from Eddie....what a privilege to have had him as our manager.....he said he left us , it was a mutual decision.

;