The need for another right back

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Doesn't seem like Fraser is particularly enamoured with being backup for the position.

"I went to right-back and right wing-back and everyone knows that is not my position. You have to do it for the team. I thought it was going to be a couple of games and it has turned out to be pretty much the past two months."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...ts_goal_high_despite_playing_out_of_position/

I have to say I agree. Like all wingers, bar maybe the very best, he'll have runs of good and bad form but when on form he's proven himself to be very dangerous at Premier League level. We lose an excellent option for the squad when we don't have him as an option there.

Fingers crossed this is the window where another RB option is finally addressed.

Fraser might not have quite the flashy tricks of a Mousset or an Ibe, but he is more reliable I'd say. You know you'll get 100% hard running up and down, at full backs, tracking his man as needed. His pace wins a lot of fouls. Chips in with a few goals.

Definitely one to free up for a more attacking role next season.

We need to think long and hard about what route we go down at RB. We really don't want another Marc Wilson, Joe Bennett or Wiggins type signing taking up a squad place with no real prospect of ever playing more than a handful of matches.

Its the one position where going for a "one for the future" signing might not be a bad idea

Yes I reckon a young player who can challenge,as I think Smith and Franno will battle it out.
Left back is more pressing maybe as I think we may let B Smith out on loan.

;