The Never Ending Jukebox Track Three

I was lucky enough to go to one, accompanied by our 2 teenage kids. First half was acustic, second half with Crazy Horse, I think he was promoting a greatest hits album. Encore included a snatch of Like a hurricane, most memorable bit was when he started to play Old man and the lad gave me a sly dig in the ribs. After watching the pair of them go through prolonged illnesses as younger teenagers, it was one of those beautiful moments that music can give you : )

( sorry, a tad sentimental there but I blame it on the lockdown ) Soon we'll all be back outside doing stuff : )

I was lucky enough to go to one, accompanied by our 2 teenage kids. First half was acustic, second half with Crazy Horse, I think he was promoting a greatest hits album. Encore included a snatch of Like a hurricane, most memorable bit was when he started to play Old man and the lad gave me a sly dig in the ribs. After watching the pair of them go through prolonged illnesses as younger teenagers, it was one of those beautiful moments that music can give you : )

( sorry, a tad sentimental there but I blame it on the lockdown ) Soon we'll all be back outside doing stuff : )
Yes happy memories. Just went to the one this time. It's such a shame that some of the people in his backing band have passed away now. Rick Rosas, Ben Keith and his ex-wife Pegi Young.

On a happier note, the first time I saw Neil with Crazy Horse at the Hammersmith Odeon was in 1976, 4 gigs, I went to the first and last ones.
The shows were brilliant. It was the first time I'd heard Like a Hurricane and Cortez the Killer.
The last show, we were fairly close to the front, 10 rows back I guess. After the encore, about 1/3 of the audience stayed behind shouting we want more. They'd put the house lights on and announced that Neil had left the building (like Elvis?).
Anyway after about 10 minutes Neil, Frank, Billy and Ralph came onstage and played Cowgirl in the Sand. A bit surreal as the house lights were still on.
Anyway, at the time I thought Neil's voice sounded absolutely awful, then I realised it was a long haired hippy behind me singing along. I gave him a glare and he STFU!

Afterwards, one of my friends, we'd really enjoyed the show, said grudgingly that Neil would make a good busker!

Little did we know, outside Glasgow station two days later..

Have a good day guys, happy memories ..

https://archive.org/details/neil-young-busking

Just in the process of reading Keith Richards autobiography, and having a morning of the Blues. I wonder how many bands these sort of performers inspired:

;