From the IOW festival film.

A great way to spend the morning.

Isle of wight Intro 00:00
The Doors The End 09:13
Jethro Tull - 26:48
FREE 1:05:55 The Who 1:41:00
Taste 1:56:12
Moody Blues 2:11:20
I didn't get to the IOW in 1970 which was a shame as The Doors were my number one band at the time and I never got another chance to see them (mates who did go were a bit underwhelmed by their performance). I went to the Bath Festival that year which arguably had a better line up - but I wish I'd got to both. I did get to see the other bands listed at other times. Paul Kossoff was a superb guitarist and Tons of Sobs probably is my favourite album of all time. A tragic waste of talent in the end.

Another gift from James Taylor on Easter weekend.

James has announced that his US tour will go ahead in July and that he will be here in September with Bonnie Raitt. It's almost too much to hope for ........

(getting my first jab tomorrow, just in case "fully vaccinated" becomes a pre-requisite to attending .....)

Another gift from James Taylor on Easter weekend.

James has announced that his US tour will go ahead in July and that he will be here in September with Bonnie Raitt. It's almost too much to hope for ........

(getting my first jab tomorrow, just in case "fully vaccinated" becomes a pre-requisite to attending .....)

Hey TJ, I've never seen James Taylor but I like his music. And as for Bonnie Raitt, she's such a wonderful singer. Enjoy it if you can go.

Hey TJ, I've never seen James Taylor but I like his music. And as for Bonnie Raitt, she's such a wonderful singer. Enjoy it if you can go.
Thanks TC, have had the tickets for about 18 mos, just waiting for the show.

He does a neat thing during the interval of his show, he sits on the edge of the stage and signs stuff for as long as people come up. Must be 30-45 minutes. I picked this up in 2016 in Hamilton. When I handed it to him, he hesitated for a second and then signed it .... right where he is pointing. I like to think that it was intentional on his part. Even as he gets older, his voice still soothes. In these miserable times, he sends out material monthly to his fans.

JT (4).jpg
Seen him live a few times, the bloke is a God.

His music, among many, has been a soundtrack to my life for 50 years.

"I do believe, I must believe, I think I can begin again."
Had not heard that one in many years .... love finding these types of tracks.

Thanks TC, have had the tickets for about 18 mos, just waiting for the show.

He does a neat thing during the interval of his show, he sits on the edge of the stage and signs stuff for as long as people come up. Must be 30-45 minutes. I picked this up in 2016 in Hamilton. When I handed it to him, he hesitated for a second and then signed it .... right where he is pointing. I like to think that it was intentional on his part. Even as he gets older, his voice still soothes. In these miserable times, he sends out material monthly to his fans.

View attachment 5443

Had not heard that one in many years .... love finding these types of tracks.

Your post got me thinking.

Kate and Liv Taylor, JT's siblings.

A couple of albums that I bought and played very little.

I rapidly found out that Liv was a sort of JT lite and Kate had listened to far too much Carol King.
But back then in the UK the only way to listen to that kind of music was in a record shop in a booth; as UK music radio barely existed and where it did it was fixated with chart music.

Thus I made some pretty rash decisions. :)

;