The Never Ending Jukebox Track Three

After 2.5 years, finally got to see a major concert in Toronto. And what a good start ....James Taylor and Jackson Browne. Great seats allowing for some photos.

James and Jackson 071.jpg

Both 73 year-olds in fine voice.

James has been represented on here many times so here is something from Jackson's 2021 album. Very current and topical.

After 2.5 years, finally got to see a major concert in Toronto. And what a good start ....James Taylor and Jackson Browne. Great seats allowing for some photos.

View attachment 7752

Both 73 year-olds in fine voice.

James has been represented on here many times so here is something from Jackson's 2021 album. Very current and topical.

I always remember Jackson Browne for this song.
Co written with Glenn Frey from the Eagles.

Well, I'm runnin' down the road tryna loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind
Four that wanna own me, two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine
Take it easy
Take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy
Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me
Come on, baby
Don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me
We may lose and we may win
Though we will never be here again
So open up, I'm climbin' in
So take it easy
Well, I'm runnin' down the road tryna loosen my load
Got a world of trouble on my mind
Lookin' for a lover who won't blow my cover
She's so hard to find
Take it easy
Take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy
Come on, baby
Don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me
Oh, we got it easy
We oughta take it easy

I may have put this on here before, but it does have Brigitte on it with Monsieur Gainsberg - and the wackiest backing vocals

Quebec recently lost one of its "giants". Guy Lafleur was a hockey hero in Quebec, among the highest of the gods, playing in the 1970s for the Montreal Canadiens. His loss was such that he was given a state funeral with the concurrence of his family.

I may at some time write more background on Lafluer's significance in the cultural development of Quebec in that era. Feeling it kind of difficult right now.

His death reminds me of those days in my early 20's, being one of two anglos on the company hockey team, dating a young Quebecoise who barely spoke English. It was an extremely fertile period for the French-Quebec music industry and this album by Jean-Pierre Ferland was the soundtrack for a summer .... in an otherwise turbulent time.

;