The Never Ending Jukebox Track Three

After a day of political excitement, for some reason this comes to mind.

By 10 o'clock tonight it'll either be sadness or euphoria chez Ghost.

I'm off for a ringside seat with a bottle of wine.

Caught the movie Belfast last night. Featured Van Morrison's music and made me remember just how great he is. Had many hits over here, but didn't get the acclaim that many of his contemporaries received.

(If you have had pets in your life and don't get teary at 3:35 of the second one, you have no soul).

You want sad dog songs?

This is a killer.

You're the magic that holds the sky up from the ground
You're the breath that blows these cool winds 'round
Trading places with an angel now
Saw you last night
Dance by the light of the moon
Stars in your eyes
Free from the life that you knew
Saw you last night
Stars in your eyes
Smiled in my room

Great news!

Herbie Hancock is still alive.

For some reason I thought we had lost him.

Great interview with him on 6 music with some utterly wonderful stuff that I had forgotten existed.

Like this:

The original is about four times longer, but to the unconverted there's only so much wibbling a person can take, so I'm being kind here.

This is how it should sound

Went to see these guys last night.

20220629_201032 - Copy (2).jpg

They had this guy along for the ride.

P1750101 - Copy - Copy (2).JPEG

The Doobie Brothers history in both iterations came together with Tom Johnson and Michael McDonald together on stage. A generous 2 hours, 20 minutes, no opening act, outdoor venue on a perfect Toronto summer evening.

Have been a big fan since 1974, seen them numerous times but never like this with both lead singers.

Attached is new material that they are presenting in a set list that was mostly all the hits.

And here's one from about 10 years ago that you probably never heard (not MM on the keys).

;