The Never Ending Jukebox, track two.

The previous NEJ thread has hit 50 odd (some very odd) pages.
On my PC the taskmaster shows the page using quite a large bucket of memory; not sure if this causes issues with some when viewing it, but to be one the safe side DJ is 'parking' the old one and as if by magic here's the new one.

Hopefully this is a thread that will run and run during the quiet times on here.

Your chance to be Rex Bob Lowenstein

Just post any YouTube music video that you want to share.

Doesn't have to be a reason.
Doesn't have to be hip cool and trendy.
Just some music you really rate/love and would like to share.
Comments would be nice, but not essential.

I'm kicking off part two with a song that always takes me back to the old South End.

Turn it up.

Where's me DMs?

Last edited:
Didn't they used to play a version of this (oasis?) Pre match ? Kicks the **************** out of sweet caroline as far as I'm concerned.

It's a good idea to cut off the previous thread, it was getting very slow to load.

Playlist ..... it's very tempting. I would be inclined to do an XL spreadsheet in date order, showing Song Artist Poster and Date. Anything else? It could be structured to allow for sorting on any of these headings.

Can it be confirmed that spreadsheets could be loaded on here? When I try to test attaching a file, it seems to only allow me to upload PDFs. If it's in PDF, then sorting becomes a chore. I could always make folders sorted on each heading, I guess, and then save to PDF.

Any ideas, let me know.

It's a good idea to cut off the previous thread, it was getting very slow to load.

Playlist ..... it's very tempting. I would be inclined to do an XL spreadsheet in date order, showing Song Artist Poster and Date. Anything else? It could be structured to allow for sorting on any of these headings.

Can it be confirmed that spreadsheets could be loaded on here? When I try to test attaching a file, it seems to only allow me to upload PDFs. If it's in PDF, then sorting becomes a chore. I could always make folders sorted on each heading, I guess, and then save to PDF.

Any ideas, let me know.

Make a Spotify playlist of it perhaps?

27 days time we will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of The Great War.
The most poignant song for me about it all.
Wear you poppy with pride.

Probably unfairly considered Indie Landfill at the time, I always though this was a beautiful song.

The twee as heck 'poem/spoken word gubbins' towards the end leaves them so obviously open to mockery it must have been done knowingly so I admire them for it.

OK, I got through 55 pages of the previous thread without mentioning my obsession with Ben Folds and The Ben Folds Five.

Singer songwriter who hits the spot with me when it comes to lyrics.

His first album is one of a very few that stopped me dead in my tracks when I heard it; I played it on repeat for days and it's still a 'go to' album years later.

Best Imitation of Myself
Ben Folds

I feel like a quote out of context
Withholding the rest
So I can be for you what you want to see
I got the gesture and sound
Got the timing down
It's uncanny, yeah, you think it was me
Do you think I should take a class
To lose my southern accent
Did I make me up, or make the face till it stuck
I do the best imitation of myself

The 'problem with you' speech
You gave me was fine
I liked the theories about my little stage
And I swore I was listening
But I started drifting
Around the part about me acting my age
Now if it's all the same
I've people to entertain
I juggle one-handed
Do some magic tricks and
The best imitation of myself

Maybe I'm thinking myself in a hole
Wondering, who I am when I ought to know
Straighten up now time to go
Fool somebody else, fool somebody else............................

Last night I was east with them
And west within
Trying to be for you what you want to see
But I can't help it with you
The good and bad comes through
Don't want you hanging out with
No one but me

Now if it's all the same
It comes from the same place
And if my mind's somewhere else
You won't be able to tell
I do the best imitation of myself