The Newcastle Takeover

billythekid

UTC Legend
The controversial sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley is nearing the final whistle as the owner of Newcastle United Football Club after receiving a formal takeover offer from Amanda Staveley, the financier.

Sky News has learnt that Ms Staveley's PCP Capital Partners tabled a bid worth in the region of £300m to buy Newcastle from Mr Ashley late last week.

https://news.sky.com/story/staveley-hands-ashley-163300m-newcastle-bid-11136293

Never got the Mike Ashley hate regarding Newcastle. He's invested over £100M of his own cash and loans to cover short term funding issues.

Avoiding the ethics of all of this, it will suck for the also-ran league to shrink yet further.

I disagree,Newcastle will just replace one of the falling giants in the top 6 shakeup,Arsenal and Spurs are really that bad now and will both finish outside the top 6 for a while i think.

Weren't they in the Premier League when he took over? Then got relegated twice.

True....then they came up again. I suppose it must be a combined effort between owner, managers and players...on and off!
In our case...maybe Eddie got lucky with a particularly good bunch of players coming together in Div 1 and the Championship...and now we are seeing something slightly different...

I can't see how Money can all but guarantee protection from relegation! ...it cannot control how players apply themselves...or protect against injuries...there are no links!

...Newcastle are a huge club and could be one of the big hitters with the sort of massive investment that they could get....the more the merrier IMO in The PL.

I do think that Bournemouth is ripe for some huge investment given its location in England, but I am not sure I would want us to be a Wolves, Man City or the like. It just seems that the stellar squads of these clubs probably have absolutely no loyalty to the clubs and it is only about money. We have seen that with Fraser, Ritchie, and very likely King, in recent years...

I want us to bring young players like Stacey, Mepham, Ramsdale, Solanke, and Kelly through, even more so our own like Surridge, Kilkenny, Travers, Obofor, Dobre, and Taylor.

Good to see the likes of Stockley and Kyle Taylor holding their own in The Championship!

...Newcastle are a huge club and could be one of the big hitters with the sort of massive investment that they could get....the more the merrier IMO in The PL.

I do think that Bournemouth is ripe for some huge investment given its location in England, but I am not sure I would want us to be a Wolves, Man City or the like. It just seems that the stellar squads of these clubs probably have absolutely no loyalty to the clubs and it is only about money. We have seen that with Fraser, Ritchie, and very likely King, in recent years...

I want us to bring young players like Stacey, Mepham, Ramsdale, Solanke, and Kelly through, even more so our own like Surridge, Kilkenny, Travers, Obofor, Dobre, and Taylor.

Good to see the likes of Stockley and Kyle Taylor holding their own in The Championship!
You not one of the people on here who would rather be in championship

Hang on.....

You’re criticising Fraser and Ritchie for “having no loyalty” and moving on, but it’s no different to what Stacey, Mepham, Ramsdale and Kelly have done to their previous clubs, they’ve gone to bigger club where they are paid more money

Hang on.....

You’re criticising Fraser and Ritchie for “having no loyalty” and moving on, but it’s no different to what Stacey, Mepham, Ramsdale and Kelly have done to their previous clubs, they’ve gone to bigger club where they are paid more money
Oh come on to move to the PL from a lower league club I get that....but to move from a PL to another?...Ritchie and Fraser both went from the club that made them!...King the same although Man Utd I would understand...different dynamic!

;