The Newcastle Takeover

I’ve never said that Howe was no good. He is one of the greatest football managers to walk gods earth. I think he ran out of ideas here because he had the same echo chamber of people to bounce ideas off. There he has a director of football, a strong recruitment team that isn’t his best friend, outside coaching influences. Let’s leave the 80m to chuck at a transfer window out of it even as I don’t think weirdly that has actually influenced it overly. Plus he is new so doesn’t need to refresh his ideas as opposition haven’t sussed him yet. It’s a completely different set up.

You've changed your tune. You banged on in January that him taking all his mates again was a mistake and would lead to the same problems as here. You also said Greame Jones was second rate. I expect you'll revisit all of these arguments when they next go on a bad run.

We loved Tindall when he was with Howe. We hated Tindall when he was with Quinn (and abusing fans that had travelled to Blyth spending a fortune). We didn’t like him when he was on his own without Howe and sacked having lost the dressing room.

What’s the common link of when he is loved?

when you say “we” is that true…you talk about SP being divisive and getting rid of him so we can get back to being a United fan base again but we have never been a United fan base.

I was happy to give JT more time and a number of people speak very highly of him so this collective derision of him just isn’t true.

when you say “we” is that true…you talk about SP being divisive and getting rid of him so we can get back to being a United fan base again but we have never been a United fan base.

I was happy to give JT more time and a number of people speak very highly of him so this collective derision of him just isn’t true.
In general he was loved when Eddies number 2 and despised when Quinn’s. That’s the fate of a number 2 you kind of get lumped along with the results… anyone that claims otherwise on either two facts doesn’t have a memory.

The bit while he was manager here I agree could be a bit more divisive. I do remember a poll though that was pretty conclusive he wasn’t who ‘we’ wanted and Im sure I wasn’t the sole poll contributor. I also don’t remember too many people wanting to give him more time come the end. That said only an idiot would have given him a full transfer window and resource and then sacked him after it…. Oh wait a minute…

In general he was loved when Eddies number 2 and despised when Quinn’s. That’s the fate of a number 2 you kind of get lumped along with the results… anyone that claims otherwise on either two facts doesn’t have a memory.

The bit while he was manager here I agree could be a bit more divisive. I do remember a poll though that was pretty conclusive he wasn’t who ‘we’ wanted and Im sure I wasn’t the sole poll contributor. I also don’t remember too many people wanting to give him more time come the end. That said only an idiot would have given him a full transfer window and resource and then sacked him after it…. Oh wait a minute…

fair points Neil - just think there is always a range of views. I believe being no 2 to Quinn must have been a nightmare though!

Footnote: I would love to know what happened after the Brentford defeat in December 2020 (a cracking game) and end of January 2021 for the wheels to have come off. Guess we will need to wait a few years for a book exclusive!

He has got a director of football working above him and a new one coming who is pulling the transfer strings. He also has Graham Jones and several different coaching influences that didn’t play for Sean O’Driscoll.

Strange you and Rob are using the very points I was correct about and giving me evidence I was correct but crack on, it saves me doing it and being called narcissistic or wise after the event by you both.
Conveniently ignoring all those mates he took with him, which were a major part of your criticism, but crack on if it makes you feel better!

I was lucky enough to watch Newcastle train last friday before they flew to norwich and to talk to eddie jason and purchy afterwards.watching them and grame jones work together their definitely all on the same page and are a management Team.seeing 300/400 people waiting outside the training ground is an experience and all the management team are really rated by the he fans.supporters and management are as 1.also the supporters liken eddie and jason to.keegan and mc dermot

I think Eddie might be a victim of his own success up there.

With the run since Christmas and the inevitable spending in the summer some fans will expect them to be pushing top 4 next season when targeting top 8 would probably be more realistic.

If they had picked up enough points to finish safely in 14th/15th then the supporters would be happy enough and not expect quite so much next season.

Will be interesting to see how it goes when the have a 4 or 5 game bad patch some point before Christmas next year.

I think Eddie might be a victim of his own success up there.

With the run since Christmas and the inevitable spending in the summer some fans will expect them to be pushing top 4 next season when targeting top 8 would probably be more realistic.

If they had picked up enough points to finish safely in 14th/15th then the supporters would be happy enough and not expect quite so much next season.

Will be interesting to see how it goes when the have a 4 or 5 game bad patch some point before Christmas next year.

It wasn't just up there...

I was lucky enough to watch Newcastle train last friday before they flew to norwich and to talk to eddie jason and purchy afterwards.watching them and grame jones work together their definitely all on the same page and are a management Team.seeing 300/400 people waiting outside the training ground is an experience and all the management team are really rated by the he fans.supporters and management are as 1.also the supporters liken eddie and jason to.keegan and mc dermot
We know that you’re friends with Eddie, you don’t need to keep working it into conversation. Good for you.

;