The Newcastle Takeover

Yes but if you ignore the first 19 games of the season they would be champions
I get your point but, to defend Waz a bit, and because we’ve had this argument a few times over the years on this board early season form is always less important than late season form when it comes to your last three games. How anyone can’t see that is beyond me. Except I think people can because if you asked them what they would want they would always prefer to hit form late.

If you look at the last six games it’s more likely Forest go up than us and if I was a neutral that’s what I’d think. Football is notoriously unpredictable though so it’s game on and let’s hope we return to our early season form.

I get your point but, to defend Waz a bit, and because we’ve had this argument a few times over the years on this board early season form is always less important than late season form when it comes to your last three games. How anyone can’t see that is beyond me. Except I think people can because if you asked them what they would want they would always prefer to hit form late.

If you look at the last six games it’s more likely Forest go up than us and if I was a neutral that’s what I’d think. Football is notoriously unpredictable though so it’s game on and let’s hope we return to our early season form.
Current form and confidence are undoubtedly key. We saw that when we decided to stop playing once we'd reached the play-offs last year.

But as you say, there are so many random things that get in the way which make it so exciting.

I think Thomas Frank got a bit lucky with the Christian Eriksen situation, as there was a time mid-season when Brentford were having a bit of a wobble, so I would move him down below Herr Klopp. That aside, I'd say it's hard not to agree with the rest.
It's an interesting take. I suppose he would say that he identified a problem area, saw an opportunity to solve it and moved quickly.

I think Thomas Frank got a bit lucky with the Christian Eriksen situation, as there was a time mid-season when Brentford were having a bit of a wobble, so I would move him down below Herr Klopp. That aside, I'd say it's hard not to agree with the rest.

It's miraculous how "lucky" Brentford have consistently been for their recent history.

How'd that work out?

;