The next England squad

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Not sure when it’s announced but the next England game is 15/11 v USA, followed by Croatia on the 18th.

Lots of talk of Wilson potentially getting a call up, anyone think the likes of Adam Smith and Steve Cook could also be in with a shout or will Southgate shun them all?

Forwards: Kane, Rashford, Lingard, Wellbeck, Sterling.

Southgate is a bit loyal to his troops.

Wilson will get in for the friendly.

He’s currently the highest English contributor to goals in the Premier League this season, he’ll get a push from the media.

Doubt it, Trippier and Walker are a long way ahead of Smith.

Steve Cook is doing well but quite a few others who are similar to him and a few years younger.

Shame really, Wilson definitely deserves a shout, and if they can select Dunk then it's madness to overlook Big Cook. Little Cook will be with the u21s again I think, but being as qualification for Italy is all wrapped up now he might get a shout for the senior team. They seem to have been throwing caps around recently though. The Chelsea youngster seems in good form at the minute as well

We all know that Callum still probably misses too many chances but overall, his full game has improved so much this season. He's creating chances as well as scoring them and his hold up play and work rate easily deserves a call up.
If he doesn't get a chance after this start to the season, there is something wrong. Southgate bangs on about using players in form who are playing....his last squad didn't fully reflect that statement though.
I do also think Lewis deserves a call up next time, he is now playing every game and for his long term development with the squad, would be a good time to get him another game.
Sadly....I don't think Adam Smith is quite up there with his positional rivals and as for Steve Cook, plenty good enough this season for a squad place but can't see him being chosen now.

Regarding David Brooks ….

Having played for both England U20’s and Wales U21’s, it’s a real shame he opted to play for Wales at senior level.

This lad reminds me so much of Frank Lampard in his younger days.
If he carries on the way he is, we're going to have the vultures circling.

As for Callum in the England squad, as Al says, they’ve already been chosen by default.

Callum does miss too many chances, but Spain match aside, so have all the other England forwards. If everyone isn’t clinical enough then on current form, Callum’s all round performances have to put him ahead of some of the others.

I’d agree Lewis Cook should stay in the U21’s for now but if Steve Cook can put another strong performance against Man Utd that’ll help his cause. Sadly for Adam Smith, we are stacked for RB’s in this country at the moment. He’s just too far down the pecking order.

;