The Players...

No doubt the players are making mistakes. And those mistakes are proving costly.

Do people really think they are getting up every morning, going to work, and frankly don't care? Just going through the motions and not fussed if they win or lose, make mistakes that make them look stupid etc? If so,that is deluded, humans don't work like that!

Anybody had a bad day at work? Anybody had a bad week or month at work? Don't think it matters how little or much you get paid it happens. We each get through those moments differently and at different speeds, sometimes we need an arm, sometimes a kick, sometimes a bit of luck. Why is it people expect players to be different.

If the answer is swapping all the players and manager for a different group, might I suggest there are 91 other league teams to take your pick from?

No doubt the players are making mistakes. And those mistakes are proving costly.

Do people really think they are getting up every morning, going to work, and frankly don't care? Just going through the motions and not fussed if they win or lose, make mistakes that make them look stupid etc? If so,that is deluded, humans don't work like that!

Anybody had a bad day at work? Anybody had a bad week or month at work? Don't think it matters how little or much you get paid it happens. We each get through those moments differently and at different speeds, sometimes we need an arm, sometimes a kick, sometimes a bit of luck. Why is it people expect players to be different.

If the answer is swapping all the players and manager for a different group, might I suggest there are 91 other league teams to take your pick from?

Sorry but if that’s your definition of “deluded “ then your butting heads with the majority of the forum right now .

Sorry but if that’s your definition of “deluded “ then your butting heads with the majority of the forum right now .
Interesting choice of words 'butting'.

I am disagreeing with many on here, who seem to advocate that a physically intimidating manager is needed or acts of hooliganism to throw cushions is appropriate. Yes.

I think the players are flesh and blood like the rest of us, and will more than likely care more than people will ever know. It's just too simple to pretend they don't care or want to play their best. So yes, if people put it down to them not wanting to play or caring, then I think that is creating their own story to help them deal with what we are watching, thereby deluded. It probably says more about them than the players.

I see a group low on confidence, thinking too hard, needing to relax, and let it be more natural. A team feeling the weight of pressure and expectation, that's stifling their abilities. All rectified with a win.

Of course that's just my opinion, which could be equally deluded. Remember someone suggesting the earth was once round, I can only imagine how that would go down on a forum where the many once thought it flat.

Interesting choice of words 'butting'.

I am disagreeing with many on here, who seem to advocate that a physically intimidating manager is needed or acts of hooliganism to throw cushions is appropriate. Yes.

I think the players are flesh and blood like the rest of us, and will more than likely care more than people will ever know. It's just too simple to pretend they don't care or want to play their best. So yes, if people put it down to them not wanting to play or caring, then I think that is creating their own story to help them deal with what we are watching, thereby deluded. It probably says more about them than the players.

I see a group low on confidence, thinking too hard, needing to relax, and let it be more natural. A team feeling the weight of pressure and expectation, that's stifling their abilities. All rectified with a win.

Of course that's just my opinion, which could be equally deluded. Remember someone suggesting the earth was once round, I can only imagine how that would go down on a forum where the many once thought it flat.

Well bless you for calling throwing cushions “hooliganism “ that’s simply adorable and will more than make up for calling posters delude and is going to get great laughs from posters of a certain age , cushion throwing is something that you probably missed out on hence the hilarity .

Sorry if this comes off a bit condescending but your post reeks of it .

Last edited:
“Anybody had a bad day at work? Anybody had a bad week or month at work? Don't think it matters how little or much you get paid it happens”. ChampagneCherry

Yes. Someone can have a bad day, week or month at work of course. It happens all the time. But we seem to have eighteen (?) players all having a bad day, week, month + simultaneously. Coincidence?

That isn’t “oh well just one of those days” is it? That is a systemic breakdown of confidence due perhaps to bad coaching, poor communication, lack of trust, lack of belief, lack of leadership or lack of motivation. All of which are supposed to be provided by the right manager.

I am sorry to say, that that isn’t JT.

At this point it doesn't matter why they have a lack of confidence, they've had 18 months of fragile confidence. Sheffield Wednesday players don't lack confidence and neither do any of the other sides these players face who consistently outfight them and manage to successful pass to one another.

Quite frankly f*ck them if they think what they have produced is acceptable. They are professional footballers who should have some pride in their work. What they've produced in the last two months is simply not good enough and it's time they had a rocket up them from the fans. If they can't handle it then it will make absolutely no difference to their levels of performance.

I’m afraid there are plenty of people who do just that, turn up at work, don’t have a lot of pride and just go through the motions. The difference is those people aren’t in a job most of us can only dream of.

The manager trains and coaches the players, chooses the tactics and selects the players.
2 cm with 2 lightweight wide midfielders has done for the previous 2 managers.

Players putting corners out of play isn't down to the manager
Players unable to do the basics of pass and move is down to the players and the manager.

At this point it doesn't matter why they have a lack of confidence, they've had 18 months of fragile confidence. Sheffield Wednesday players don't lack confidence and neither do any of the other sides these players face who consistently outfight them and manage to successful pass to one another.

Quite frankly f*ck them if they think what they have produced is acceptable. They are professional footballers who should have some pride in their work. What they've produced in the last two months is simply not good enough and it's time they had a rocket up them from the fans. If they can't handle it then it will make absolutely no difference to their levels of performance.
Well said :clap:

Anyone still think it's was JT's fault?

I absolutely don't. But I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. You can set up tactically poor game after game and rid players of their confidence. I don't think we have incapable players, it's somewhere between belief and tactics (plus one or two passengers).

Tonight we were mostly crap but the tactics were horrendous from kickoff. There was a 10 minute period which delivered the goal and a few other chances when we looked like a completely different team. Whatever the magic formula then was, we need to bottle it and take it forwards. If the players were lacking effort they would have given up by that point so I'm not convinced by that argument. It's something else, one for the new management to analyse and ponder...

JT must be laughing his head off at all this and I wouldn’t blame home one little bit. Gave his all for this club and the real villains are now being exposed

I doubt he's laughing. It was his, and is now JW's job, to sort it out

;