The Players...

Forget the management side for a moment when those 11 players walk out on the pitch then it’s up to them.
Tonight certainly in the first half they showed so little desire passion commitment and that’s been true in so many games.
The second half was better but not good enough .
We’re supposed to have the best squad in the league but we’re beaten by a team who wanted it more.
That I blame the players for good job there was not a crowd in tonight they would have felt the anger of many of us.
Let’s face it the club was stringing us along agin with thoughts of big names and glamour
For caviar and champagne we get
Pork scratching and Luke warm beer

“Anybody had a bad day at work? Anybody had a bad week or month at work? Don't think it matters how little or much you get paid it happens”. ChampagneCherry.

Sure most of us have...BUT...to have that bad day/week, you have to turn up at the office first..
Watching these last few games gives me the impression that this lot are working from home!!! nowhere near the office to have the 'bad day/week' just 'out of office', as it were!!

Forget the management side for a moment when those 11 players walk out on the pitch then it’s up to them.
Tonight certainly in the first half they showed so little desire passion commitment and that’s been true in so many games.
The second half was better but not good enough .
We’re supposed to have the best squad in the league but we’re beaten by a team who wanted it more.
That I blame the players for good job there was not a crowd in tonight they would have felt the anger of many of us.
Let’s face it the club was stringing us along agin with thoughts of big names and glamour
For caviar and champagne we get
Pork scratching and Luke warm beer

sorry when you send out a team with 3 centre backs 2 wing backs, 2 sitting in midfield and 2 sitting behind a striker in the championship you have to take blame .

Look in this league you keep things simple .

the premier league is where you have to be a lot more tactically switched on

this league is simple the more you attack the more chances you create.
When we set up so negative it is so so simple to play against and you will lose a lot of games

We’re now on a third manager who is completely perplexed by the mental frailties of this set of players as a unit.

The majority of these players, can on their day, turn it on. They have all the potential and all the tools to play with. But together it just doesn’t click for any prolonged period of time.

It’s got to the point now that if we get 30 minutes of good football out of them Willo goes delirious.

At least last season we knew that under the management they had they would at least develop individually and hopefully as a group over time something would fall into place.

Now under such a short term vision, I just cannot see how it improves.

Last edited:
We’re now on a third manager who is completely perplexed by the mental frailties of this set of players as a unit.

The majority of these players, can on their day, turn it on. They have all the potential and all the tools to play with. But together it just doesn’t click for any prolonged period of time.

It’s got to the point now that if we get 30 minutes of good football out of them Willo goes delirious.

At least last season we new that under the management they had they would at least develop individually and hopefully as a group over time something would fall into place.

Now under such a short term vision, I just cannot see how it improves.

it doesn't.

Having watched the same team performance for the umpteenth time, I'm resigned to our fate. We have a couple of short spells where we look like a potent attacking force, there's a spell where we look organised in midfield and solid at the back.

Then there's spells where no one appears to have ever met any of their team mates but we ride our luck, other times we don't. Spells where we retreat and appear unable to stop the opposition hypnotising us with their audacious ability to work hard for each other. There's also always a time, where we needlessly shove opponents anywhere within 20 yards of our goal. This highlights our ability to always get the silver medal in the "get a head on the cross race".

Our greatest ever manager couldn't forge a team out of these players. His assistant looked incapable of achieving it. It pains me to say, as a determined rose tinted happy clapper, but I think Jonathon Woodgate and posse are even wider of the mark. With the individual talents in that group of players, if he can't find room for even a cameo from Jack Wilshere, I don't hold out much hope. Echoes of Jimmy Quinn and Darren Anderton.

For a while now I've thought, as soon as the opposition start working hard as a team, we should have someone in the car park at Kings Park to lower the A.F.C.B flag and run a white one up the pole.

This season, it's individually talented players being poorly managed by managers out of their depth, appointed by people unable to swim without the life jacket of Eddie Howe keeping them from drowning in their own sea of incompetence.

I hate being negative and desperately want to see Jonathon Woodgate and the players go on an amazing run but when the third goal went in, all myself and the Good lady did was, sigh, puff our cheeks and shrug our shoulders. It wasn't unexpected and hadn't been for all the second half, it certainly didn't change our expectations with the subs.

But on we go, the belief starting to stir that we'll win the next 2 matches and have an incredible season's end : )

Still pretending you wanted the Barnsley manager after we'd demolished them at Oakwell?
I don't know why you're so caught up with that game tbh.......it certainly wouldn't be classed as a demolition to anyone who can see past a score line.....today was a demolition.....the only thing you can say about those two performances is that both scorelines flattered us.
As I've said ....I wanted him as soon as JT was sacked....I made that perfectly clear on here the day that happened .

Anyone still blame Tindall?

100%. And Bentley Blake his mate.

Woodgate is no top level manager don’t get me wrong but JT was part of the morale slump of the group and then got promoted to continue it. He has a first rate squad for this level but didn’t cash in on King when we could have got 5-10m and gone and got an Ivan Toney. They mismanaged that and despite 6 months with the group showing they badly needed a left back and centre forward went and signed another two Midfielders in the window without addressing either issue.

Woody now trying to piece all that together without having a window because Bentley messed up the timing of the sacking. We were the most underperforming squad I’ve seen at our club under JT and he is half to blame. The only reason he isn’t fully to blame is he wasn’t the muppet that gave himself the job in the first place.

Woodgate is no top level manager don’t get me wrong but JT was part of the morale slump of the group and then got promoted to continue it. He has a first rate squad for this level but didn’t cash in on King when we could have got 5-10m and gone and got an Ivan Toney. They mismanaged that and despite 6 months with the group showing they badly needed a left back and centre forward went and signed another two Midfielders in the window without addressing either issue.

Woody now trying to piece all that together without having a window because Bentley messed up the timing of the sacking. We were the most underperforming squad I’ve seen at our club under JT and he is half to blame. The only reason he isn’t fully to blame is he wasn’t the muppet that gave himself the job in the first place.
100% you say.....lol....the players are not to be held accountable for these shambolic performances ....it was allJT's fault after all.....just like it was all Eddie's fault for getting us relegated.....if only he had changed the formation to the one we're playing now .

Been said a few times, but this is the least likeable group of players I can remember for a long, long time.

None of them look like they really give a s$$$ about the team or that they even like their own teammates. Short of Cookie, Surridge (who is a bit headless chicken) and maybe even CCV it just looks like a bunch of rich individuals swanning about and waiting for final whistle so they can go on Twitter/Instagram and post about how they will work harder next time and "go again".

The skill of a manager is to get the best out of 11 players as a team and as individuals. Eddie didn't do it last season. JT didn't and JW isn't.

100% sure we could blame Harry Redknapp at some point Neil. The board had a so called fire sale that was never re invested. The players earn the big bucks and all season we have seen they turn this on and off when they want too. Same in other clubs and I feel it’s an insult to every club, every manager and every supporter.

100% sure we could blame Harry Redknapp at some point Neil. The board had a so called fire sale that was never re invested. The players earn the big bucks and all season we have seen they turn this on and off when they want too. Same in other clubs and I feel it’s an insult to every club, every manager and every supporter.

But it’s not the same at a well run club. Warnock has made a career of turning around disinterested groups. Eddie turned one around twice on appointments at this club. That’s what talented managers do. You just have to have a decent head of recruitment that finds them and a decent CEO that appoints them. I’m not saying it is easy... but then we know what easy is... appointing two coaches already at the club in a row.

100% you say.....lol....the players are not to be held accountable for these shambolic performances ....it was allJT's fault after all.....just like it was all Eddie's fault for getting us relegated.....if only he had changed the formation to the one we're playing now .
Players play for a manager. I’ve lost count of the amount of times the right appointment has turned a disinterested squad around, we’ve got loads of examples at our own club before you even look elsewhere!

If it’s down to the players then I guess you think Eddie got lucky with his championship squad. They were so good they made him look decent? See.... not really an argument that stacks is it.

You are correct about the head of recruitment and CEO Neil. But I’m afraid the likes of Warnock will be a forgot dinosaur soon as when you have these over paid superstars getting their agents to complain to the club about how the players were spoken too by management then nobody stands a chance

Players play for a manager. I’ve lost count of the amount of times the right appointment has turned a disinterested squad around, we’ve got loads of examples at our own club before you even look elsewhere!

If it’s down to the players then I guess you think Eddie got lucky with his championship squad. They were so good they made him look decent? See.... not really an argument that stacks is it.
You've just trashed your own argument.....read my opening post....JT got All the flak for the players underperforming.....it clearly wasn't all his fault was it?

it's uninterested, btw

having or feeling no interest in something; uninterested.
[not influenced by considerations of personal advantage; disinterested]

just trying to help
carry on

;