The run in fixtures

Sky in commentary tonight. "If Watford lose Swansea and Brentford ready to pounce"

For some reason I thought we were level with Brentford and could go above them and Swansea tomorrow. I must be mistaken.

They also showed remaining games for the 3 teams who could be runners up as no-one else in contention

Tonight.

Millwall vs. AFCB
Huddersfield vs. Barnsley
Luton vs. Reading

Away win, home win, home win respectively please.

I think last night's Watford win has scuppered our chances of 2nd spot... Watford will get at least 1 more point between now and the end...

Need to focus on just finishing the regular season on as big a high as possible... Starting tonight..

I think last night's Watford win has scuppered our chances of 2nd spot... Watford will get at least 1 more point between now and the end...

Need to focus on just finishing the regular season on as big a high as possible... Starting tonight..

I agree, but looking at recent form, I'd much rather play Swansea than Barnsley. Although given where we were 6 weeks ago, this is an unexpected luxury. I hope we play as though we believe we will beat whoever we face, but if the table finishes Brentford, AFCB, Swansea, Barnsley I won't be too upset.

With three matches remaining for all but Brentford, Watford have eight points over us. We could win all three of ours, but to suggest that Watford would not get three points points from Millwall is fanciful indeed. They are surely up.

Reading are 9 points below us, with a 20 goal difference to make up. They might catch Barnsley, but not us.

These are the remaining fixtures

24/04 AFCB Brentford
24/04 Barnsley Rotherham
24/04 QPR Norwich
24/04 Watford Millwall

25/04 Reading Swansea

27/04 Brentford Rotherham

01/05 Brentford Watford
01/05 Norwich Reading

01/05 Preston Barnsley
01/05 Swansea Derby
01/05 Wycombe AFCB

08/05 Barnsley Norwich
08/05 AFCB Stoke
08/05 Bristol City Brentford
08/05 Reading Huddersfield
08/05 Watford Swansea

The points of interest now are for us to maintain the momentum and style of play and the final positions that will determine which teams meet in the play off semis.

The final game of the regular season is Saturday 8th May, 1230 kick off.

There is then a gap of just over a week to the first of the two semi-finals, which will be on Monday 17th May (at either 1800 or 2015). The second legs are on Saturday 22nd May (at either 1230 or 1500). (Details in link at the end).

Clearly there is a lot to play for on Saturday against Brentford.

But, should we then take our foot off the gas and coast through the last two games playing some of the younger players and resting key players, avoiding potential injuries and allowing them to rest and recuperate before the final push?

Or should we try to keep the momentum going by putting out our strongest side, with the risk of injuries or that they might under-perform and take a blow to their confidence?

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/april/sky-bet-efl-play-off-dates-confirmed/

Last edited:
At least a week’s gap between games from now on. 100% let’s try to keep the momentum with a settled team. Injuries are always a risk but we want players like Danjuma to go into the play offs still on a roll.
I agree rest too much and the momentum will go .
I think full strength against Brentford and then you might see maybe 2 changes for the last 2 games .
Don’t want to changes unhinged the momentum but there is always the risk with injuries

;