The run in fixtures

There was always a debate surrounding which of the three teams would find it most difficult to adapt to life back in the Championship. For Norwich, their most recent stay in the Premier League lasted just a solitary season, so it’s no real surprise that they have been in good form this season. Not much has changed for the Canaries, with Daniel Farke still in charge and the core group of players still together.

For Bournemouth and Watford though, there were more question marks. The two teams had each spent five successive seasons in the top flight, having gained promotion together in the 2014-15 season. That kind of longer spell in the Premier League can make it more difficult to adapt when the club drops down a league again, as squads and managers can change, and rebuilding projects often take place.

But for these two, despite both boasting new managers this season, they have coped well with the drop in level. Much of Bournemouth and Watford’s respective squads have remained intact, and they’ve done well to keep in touch with the other clubs vying for promotion.[/QUOTE]

If the season does end
1. Norwich (C)
2. Watford (p)
5. AFCB (p)

following last season's
18. AFCB
19. Watford
20. Norwich

and 2015's
1. AFCB (C)
2. Watford (p)
? Norwich (p)

Then it will confirm Watford as perennial bridesmaids, unable to even win the wooden spoon.

If the season does end
1. Norwich (C)
2. Watford (p)
5. AFCB (p)

following last season's
18. AFCB
19. Watford
20. Norwich

and 2015's
1. AFCB (C)
2. Watford (p)
? Norwich (p)

Then it will confirm Watford as perennial bridesmaids, unable to even win the wooden spoon.

that would be an unbelievable set of circumstances to be so joined like that (although Norwich yo yo in between!)

reading that 10 championship clubs are in transfer embargo at present so helps to reinforce the advantage of parachute payments

I wonder, should this actually happen, how long it would take for the "experts" and pundits to come out with the "PL money has now made it impossible for Championship teams without parachute payments to compete for promotion to the PL" argument.

I'm guessing all of about three minutes !!!
;)
A few years back, all of us would have been saying exactly that.

A few years back, all of us would have been saying exactly that.
I know and that's why I'm sure the media will be all over it if ALL THREE relegated teams should manage to go straight back up.
My counter argument would be that ( should it happen ) we still almost managed to blow it. I think credit would still be due to all three teams. The games have been competitive and all three teams have been beaten by teams without PL money at one time or another.
But it would be an easy conclusion for the media to jump to and I'm sure they won't disappoint should the opportunity arise !

Sorry but can you see anything but a repeat of season 2019-2020 or perhaps worse if we were to go up this year? I suppose the money would be welcome but a depressing watch from my seat in the East Stand. Don't shoot me, just my opinion.

Reactions: drd
If the season does end
1. Norwich (C)
2. Watford (p)
5. AFCB (p)

following last season's
18. AFCB
19. Watford
20. Norwich

and 2015's
1. AFCB (C)
2. Watford (p)
? Norwich (p)

I believe we actually get a trophy for 2nd!

More typically it’s another promotion won on road or with no fans if we do come 2nd.

As there's a big trophy for winning the 4th Division play off, I'm not surprised there's a pot for 2nd in the 2nd.
Bet Billing is glad he left 'udders this evening.

Last edited:
When will Norwich get the beach towels out and start coasting.................................Not before they play us unfortunately.

Good bring it on. Perfect day for our big players to turn up and perform to show good they can be. Simple team talk.

There was always a debate surrounding which of the three teams would find it most difficult to adapt to life back in the Championship. For Norwich, their most recent stay in the Premier League lasted just a solitary season, so it’s no real surprise that they have been in good form this season. Not much has changed for the Canaries, with Daniel Farke still in charge and the core group of players still together.

For Bournemouth and Watford though, there were more question marks. The two teams had each spent five successive seasons in the top flight, having gained promotion together in the 2014-15 season. That kind of longer spell in the Premier League can make it more difficult to adapt when the club drops down a league again, as squads and managers can change, and rebuilding projects often take place.

But for these two, despite both boasting new managers this season, they have coped well with the drop in level. Much of Bournemouth and Watford’s respective squads have remained intact, and they’ve done well to keep in touch with the other clubs vying for promotion.

Not sure I'd call losing Daniels, Francis, Surman, Gosling, King, Fraser, Wilson, Ake, Ramsdale, Boruc as well as some lower impact players as keeping the squad mostly intact.

Not sure I'd call losing Daniels, Francis, Surman, Gosling, King, Fraser, Wilson, Ake, Ramsdale, Boruc as well as some lower impact players as keeping the squad mostly intact.
I think losing those players was a big upset. That said it had to happen really. Wilson losing his mojo, Fraser ‘looking to greener pastures’ As did King, and Gosling and Surman losing a bit cuz of age. But it was definitely a loss to the balance of the squad. Ake a major blow. So we’ve had a traumatic shake up to squad dynamics. To be in 7th place with a game in hand is therefore pretty good

I think losing those players was a big upset. That said it had to happen really. Wilson losing his mojo, Fraser ‘looking to greener pastures’ As did King, and Gosling and Surman losing a bit cuz of age. But it was definitely a loss to the balance of the squad. Ake a major blow. So we’ve had a traumatic shake up to squad dynamics. To be in 7th place with a game in hand is therefore pretty good
Anybody else think it’s Pearson coming in which seems to have got a bit of balance back ? Of course it’s much harder to tell when you can’t be at the ground :hmmm:

Sort of like an FA Cup quarter final against the scummers........

Fair point. I do think the midweek performance vs Swansea took it out of the team and we lacked the squad to replace tired legs given so many players unavailable. Throw in disastrous defending errors too and the goals came at bad times too.

I want the annual away trip to Bourmemouth. Especially if its in warmer months. Be quite a story that we are two clubs who cant shake the other off. Hopefully you will get to actually go to Wembley for po final. The two championship play off finals Watford have won were amazing. Although the one we lost was crushing.

People have been complaining parachute payments give teams an advantage .

Well maybe it should but certainly hasn't shown on the pitch at times from both our points of views at times this season.

I suppose what they mean is when our better players can be bothered we show our "dominance"

;