The Secret of Life

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
It can be pretty isolating being one of a few Cherries fans in a city of 3 million people, and this forum has been just great for me. Thanks to all of you for your comments, explanations, PMs, "likes" and the rest. I do hope to get over there for a match next season, and really am grateful to those who have offered to help secure me a ticket. Thanks to Andy for the flag. Thanks to DJ for getting me set up. As I watch matches from DC, I often wonder if I am actually seeing some of you on the screen.

One request - if any of you have suggested reading for me over the summer, particularly AFC Bournemouth history, please send me a PM.

I will leave you with some lyrics from songs that I find especially meaningful:

James Taylor - "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time ...."
Green Day - "I hope you had the time of your life ...."
and the one-and-only Billy Joel - "This is the time to remember, 'cause it will not last forever, these are the days to hold on to ......."

Good summer to everyone.

John L.

...don't go, we still talk a load of bull in the close season, and at least we are not stressing over points lost etc.

Must say Toronto must be great this time of year?

...don't go, we still talk a load of bull in the close season, and at least we are not stressing over points lost etc.

Yeah there should still be plenty of activity over the summer on here. Between signings, players leaving, the world cup.

And not forgetting the annual debate over the best type of cheese.

AFC Bournemouth The Match of My Life. A collection of former AFCB players recounting their AFCB most memorable match. The club shop were selling these sometime ago and also Ted MacDougall's book that club secretary Neil Vacher wrote.

Every fan should have a copy of The Definitive AFC Bournemouth by Leigh Edwards & John Treleven

It covers information on AFCB's first 80 years in the Football League and gives full details of each season. Originally £20 you used to be able to get it at Waterstones.

One request - if any of you have suggested reading for me over the summer, particularly AFC Bournemouth history, please send me a PM.

Funny you should ask John. My book Dean Court Days about Harry Redknapp's years at AFCB from the 70s to the 90s is out very soon - it was meant to be published today but there has been a delay at the warehouse.

There are also quite a few listed at the below link, although some are easier to get your hands on than others

https://alldepartments.wordpress.com/view-from-the-stands/

I've had the privilege this season of being both very visible and completely not visible. :bag:

..and its the first time I've ever had to ask a bear to move out of the way so I can see the game (well at least the bears attractive assistant);)

..and its the first time I've ever had to ask a bear to move out of the way so I can see the game (well at least the bears attractive assistant);)

yeah well my spatial awareness wasn't too tip top. At least the gig didn't take me too far away from the wonderful Block 30. I'll be back in the seats again next year, banging Ryan Garry's nipple once more.

Thanks, Garbo.

I'll definitely be looking in, just wanted to get the soppy stuff out of the way. As others have pointed out, I will be especially keen to hear views on new signings and what we can expect from the promoted trio.

Toronto is sportsfan utopia this time of year, playoffs for the hockey and basketball teams (both now eliminated) and a new start for the baseball team and TFC. On the evening of April 25, all four teams were in action (not a great night, 1 win, 3 losses).

Weather wise, it is a good time to visit - high 50's to low 70's, low humidity and not a lot of wind. Great to start off golf season.

you missed:

"reaching out, touching me, touching you..."

RT - I didn't dare! However, the opening lyrics to the song that must not be named are:
"Where it began, I can't begin to knowing
But then I know it's growing strong"

Doesn't that somewhat capture the newbie's (mine) perspective of AFCB's march? Maybe I should make it my new signature.

;