The Sh**e Escape

Red_Dez

First Team
Wanted to change the tone from all of the other threads just for a moment...

This may be a cry for help from one of Lord Snooty’s Nurses, but in spite of everything could we somehow scrape together 3 home wins?

Gosling’s goal gets one monkey off our back.
We can’t be that bad again can we? The players must have some professional pride somewhere, that drubbing might trigger it?
We have beaten spurs before
Leicester are in bad form (that’s normally a cue for a Vardy goal and a Leicester win I know)
Southampton - playing in their flip flops at that point?

Watford and Villa are equally as bad it seems and all 3 of us have games on paper that are write off this week.

Relegation escape acts are in our DNA.

Any other slithers of hope?

This may be a cry for help from one of Lord Snooty’s Nurses, but in spite of everything could we somehow scrape together 3 home wins?

We can’t be that bad again can we? The players must have some professional pride somewhere, that drubbing might trigger it?
Leicester are in bad form (that’s normally a cue for a Vardy goal and a Leicester win I know)

Watford and Villa are equally as bad it seems and all 3 of us have games on paper that are write off this week.

I know like you I should probably be locked away.......but we are not cut adrift...
I still have some hope ...but I know it's that, that kills you.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but there is no chance of us getting out of this mess. We will be relegated that for sure, we don't have the determination or the effort from most of the team. We just have to except our run in the premiership will be over. We will have to start again with a new team that will give there all. Hopefully Eddie will stay, but he needs to be more ruthless. Make all players fight for their position in the team, also get rid of the dead wood. It has been a adventure that if we are honest we thought we would never experience.

At this point even staying up worries me.

Whatever happens a load of absolutely terrible teams are going to stay up this season. I'd be amazed if it was us because we seem to have had about seven massive games since Christmas where it was time to "stand up and show what we're made of" and we've been embarrassingly limp. The fact that we're not down and out already says nothing about our qualities but simply how utterly shite the other teams down there are too.

Can anyone remember limping to relegation as badly as this before? What will next year bring if it just so happens that villa and Watford are somehow just that bit shitter than we are?

the sooner we're mathematically down the sooner the club can assess the financial fallout, start the fire-sale and begin planning for next season which presumably tv will again dictate has to start asap

At this point even staying up worries me.

Whatever happens a load of absolutely terrible teams are going to stay up this season. I'd be amazed if it was us because we seem to have had about seven massive games since Christmas where it was time to "stand up and show what we're made of" and we've been embarrassingly limp. The fact that we're not down and out already says nothing about our qualities but simply how utterly shite the other teams down there are too.

Can anyone remember limping to relegation as badly as this before? What will next year bring if it just so happens that villa and Watford are somehow just that bit shitter than we are?

This also crossed my mind - recall abysmal Sunderland Sides being stuck in a cycle of finishing 17th pretty much every season until the inevitable happened - it could be us...except without the stadium and Aging pros after one last pay cheque

;