The standard of refereeing

There was and potentially a 2nd yellow for an Everton defender but the ref did get the penalty and free kick right in all fairness.

Basically they just seem to be very inconsistent and its a bit of pot luck if things for or against you!

There was and potentially a 2nd yellow for an Everton defender but the ref did get the penalty and free kick right in all fairness.

Basically they just seem to be very inconsistent and its a bit of pot luck if things for or against you!

Thought you were unlucky last night and seemed to be playing 12 at times. If there had been any consistency you would have had a penalty just before half time.

Beat chelsea 4-0 Roger East terrible Wednesday night.

Lose to Cardiff 2-0 Jonathon Moss - inconsistent, pedantic and generally poor all around.

Craig Pawson
Mike Dean
Roger East
Jonathon Moss
Lee Mason

The list goes on of shocking quality refs we have ensured this season. Come win or lose it’s a very poor standard.

Lose to Cardiff 2-0 Jonathon Moss - inconsistent, pedantic and generally poor all around.

Craig Pawson
Mike Dean
Roger East
Jonathon Moss
Lee Mason

The list goes on of shocking quality refs we have ensured this season. Come win or lose it’s a very poor standard.

Not often I criticise referees and we would have lost anyway, but Moss today let Cardiff get away with so much. He was poor.

It genuinely seemed like Mason was affected by the situation and sided very obviously with the home. Probably not so much to change the result, but it was frustrating nonetheless. A couple of fouls given against King in particular were just laughable.

Cardiff are a physical team so you need a strong ref who is prepared to dish out cards to keep control. Over 90 mins Adam smith got the same punishment as Bamba, who consistently fouled. In the home game, a cardiff player was booked in first 5 mins hence they couldn’t do the same level of fouling. There should have been red cards in the Watford, Everton and Cardiff games; Sadly VAR wont sort this out.

Craig Pawson
Mike Dean
Roger East
Jonathon Moss
Lee Mason

Add Kevin friend to the list.

I think mike dean has improved compared to others on that list.

It genuinely seemed like Mason was affected by the situation and sided very obviously with the home. Probably not so much to change the result, but it was frustrating nonetheless. A couple of fouls given against King in particular were just laughable.

My favourite was the one where King attempted to play a one two but the defender put up 2 hands and grabbed him to stop him running past. He tried to shrug the defender off and got penalised by Moss.

To over rule the Stanislas throw in and then give the throw to Cardiff subsequently booking Stan for questioning his decision was a joke.

It was particularly frustrating because it looked like a small infraction and you'll see at least 10 worse ones every match go unpunished.

I think, like Boruc posted, we were too nice during the game, which is what cost us more than the officials....but at the same time, the ref was pretty bad. The amount of times Josh, as an example, was impeded both on and off the ball and nothing given, was laughable. And the one time he was fouled and the decision given against him!
As per Gomes at Everton, we had Bamba on a yellow and being allowed to continue fouling afterwards. We all know Eddie was not happy about the performance of the officials but he couldn't say so due to also knowing the teams performance was just as bad!

I’ll always remember Marriner saying he had a “gameplan” for that Spurs game a couple of years back.

I don’t want to sound callous, but the refereeing decisions and the commentary seemed determined to create a narrative of good vs evil. Every single little decision that could have had any impact on the game went Cardiff’s way. Obviously not the clubs fault, and they’ve had a dreadful week, but that’s clearly what was happening.

The “Smith has been booked for simulation” call by Ian Darke in the second half is particularly damning. Was barely even a foul.

I think, like Boruc posted, we were too nice during the game, which is what cost us more than the officials....but at the same time, the ref was pretty bad. The amount of times Josh, as an example, was impeded both on and off the ball and nothing given, was laughable. And the one time he was fouled and the decision given against him!
As per Gomes at Everton, we had Bamba on a yellow and being allowed to continue fouling afterwards. We all know Eddie was not happy about the performance of the officials but he couldn't say so due to also knowing the teams performance was just as bad!

That usually doesn't stop most manager looking for someone to blame !

Howe isn't one to criticise generally I don't think .

;