The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Could have said that a few months back. Patience is a virtue not many of us have unfortunately. Apart from the logistical problems of finding a spot for the athletics club I would guess they are looking for additional funding that doesn't come from their own pockets.

Why does the club make these announcements in the first place. I can remember the clubs desire to:

1. Build a hotel and permanent south stand (including drawings and plans released)
2. Erect a larger temporary south stand
3. Fill in corners
4. Build a new training ground complex
5. Build a brand new stadium in place of the existing athletics stadium.

All 5 seem to be dead in the water.
This isn’t acceptable in my opinion. If we need to concentrate on funding the squad then do that but that isn’t anything new, likewise this statement could have been released 6 months ago. To have not just 1 but both projects knocked back is a huge kick in the teeth.

I'm surprised there isn't a minimum capacity rule in the premier league (or premiership for the non sports bar listeners) - that would put a cat amongst the pigeons.....

Why does the club make these announcements in the first place. I can remember the clubs desire to:

1. Build a hotel and permanent south stand (including drawings and plans released)
2. Erect a larger temporary south stand
3. Fill in corners
4. Build a new training ground complex
5. Build a brand new stadium in place of the existing athletics stadium.

All 5 seem to be dead in the water.
This isn’t acceptable in my opinion. If we need to concentrate on funding the squad then do that but that isn’t anything new, likewise this statement could have been released 6 months ago. To have not just 1 but both projects knocked back is a huge kick in the teeth.

1-3 on your list are surely dependent on structadene - why build the hotel if you don't own the rest of the stadium? - Structadene will use any of these as reasons to increase the rent
5 is dependent on building a New Athletics stadium - need to find somewhere to put that

You could argue that the only thing that has really changed is the timeline - buying the ground back would still be the cheapest option - and probably the easiest for the club.
Building a new athletics facility wouldn't be easy - aside from finding the land, someone living near it is bound to have objections.

1-3 on your list are surely dependent on structadene - why build the hotel if you don't own the rest of the stadium? - Structadene will use any of these as reasons to increase the rent
5 is dependent on building a New Athletics stadium - need to find somewhere to put that

You could argue that the only thing that has really changed is the timeline - buying the ground back would still be the cheapest option - and probably the easiest for the club.
Building a new athletics facility wouldn't be easy - aside from finding the land, someone living near it is bound to have objections.

I’m not necessarily on about whether they can happen or not I’m saying those are the things the club have released and said they want to build/improve on

In May, manager Eddie Howe said Bournemouth will "never see the benefits of the Premier League era" unless they move to a new ground.:shake:

#afcb there must be a way to fund a stadium without undue burden on the directors and team. Council funding? Supporters share issue? Share issue to general public? Setting up a separate company to run stadium as entertainment venue? Grants?

5 is dependent on building a New Athletics stadium - need to find somewhere to put that.

Unless there are some strange clauses in the lease, and I can't see why there would be, the can't increase the rent for tenant's improvements during the course of the lease. They also can't change for them on a new lease if signed within 21 years of the improvement - 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act.

Part of the club’s vision includes, in time where resources allow, to build first class facilities for the squad, staff and supporters.

Yup, supporters last, that line stood out for me, players, then staff, then supporters. I'm not so sure the training ground is been set back. I know they said developments, but there are many stages and developments involvements involved with the stadium only, so trying to be optimistic, but in reality I'm more than somewhat miffed

If this is the case then an expanded ted shed and temp corners is a must over the summer. Look at the size of that temp stand they put up in Russia this summer, it's definitely possible. In fact build a huge stand that portable so we can roll it a few hundred metres when the new stadium finally happens

Unless there are some strange clauses in the lease, and I can't see why there would be, the can't increase the rent for tenant's improvements during the course of the lease. They also can't change for them on a new lease if signed within 21 years of the improvement - 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act.

I think it was about the buyback price, which they can now set at whatever they want to. Being as the club has money they think they can charge the earth for it. Would have loved to build next door and let it rot whilst paying rent until first exit clause

The South Stand land isn't even owned by Structadene.

First of all, since this statement tells us nothing and therefore contains no delicate information why on earth has it taken this long to give us an update ? I could have knocked that statement up in about 10 minutes if all they were going to say was "team is the priority, off field developments are on hold". It contains nothing which would jeopardise some negotiations, it's just a holding statement, so why drag it out this long ? And secondly, if maintaining our PL status is key to everything, then surely the new training centre should be a top priority. The costs and logistics involved in that are a fraction of those for the new stadium, so at the very least I would expect the club to be pushing ahead full speed to get that up and running and to say as much. As already mentioned, a new stadium would be nice but for Eddie the new training facilities will be the most important aspect, so he must be disappointed too, to a certain extent. If the new training centre goes ahead soon, I'll be happy enough for now. It would keep Eddie optimistic for the future and would buy us some time. If nothing happens then I think his head could be turned.

;