The World Cup thread

Sorry Roger

Fans' Favourite
Let's start on a positive note as England fly out to Russia. If it wasn't for a couple of journalists and his greed we would have faced the prospect of having to watch an England managed by Sam Allardyce. Let that sink in: at least three matches of Big Fat Sam, slow static football and hoofball. God help us.

England may not do all that well under Southgate but at least they are likely to try playing football.

Spain have completely botched every aspect of this situation.

Only read one article, but doesn't look like they had much choice?

He's signed a contract with Real Madrid, whilst Spain were only informed of this 5 minutes before the press conference.

With politics in Spain as they are, it makes sense.

It's all on gas now! ...Excitement to break the boredom of close season... Stuff to argue about; wind each other up with ..off field controversy..bring it on, deliver us from the domestic drudgery!

New extra screens in my local with me as local self-appointed commentator and general encyclopedia...until someone stuffs a pineapple or the like in one or both ends of my anatomy to shut me up! " My Saints aquaintance / mate has asked me to " watch it at home for Christ sake Brian, I can't cope with you in the summer too you Orrible little King of the South coast" .....Poor sod had rather a traumatic season what?

Prediction: England v Germany Final. 5-2 Four from Kane, one from Vardy!

He's signed a contract with Real Madrid, whilst Spain were only informed of this 5 minutes before the press conference.

Fair enough.

I’ll amend it to “Real Madrid have botched their nations hopes of World Cup success”

Not read the news story yet, but didn;t Bobby Robson do exactly the same with PSV just prior to Italia 90???

He knows what it means to Barcelona players and fans, so I guess it was the right decision. Typical Spanish politics.

But equally upsetting to the Barca lot will be the replacement Spain manager Fernando Hierro. One of Real Madrid's all time appearance makers with the better part of 450 games for the club over almost 15 years, he's a giant of the club. Hierro the former Real stalwart is surely no less divisive a figure for Barca than Lopetegui the future Real manager.

It all makes no sense.

I can remember playing a golf tournament just south of Barcelona.
We went to a bar where they were showing a Barca game.
The place was packed, all the seats were placed out like a cinema.
When Barca scored, some anthem was played over the speakers and everybody stood up and sang along. After they had won, there were free beers to every one.
No idea how that bar made money. but they enjoyed giving away free beers.

;