The World Cup thread

Was travelling yesterday evening so had to do a Likely Lads news blackout before watching it on the iPlayer this morning. Really glad I did.

Neymar rolling around again after hardly being touched. Ref had a word in his shell like and he got up.

So far at half-time Costa Rica holding out.

After that Colombian referee for our game against Tunisia, how refreshing it was to see a real professional performance from the Dutch referee Björn Kuipers today in the game involving Brazil and Costa Rica.

After that Colombian referee for our game against Tunisia, how refreshing it was to see a real professional performance from the Dutch referee Björn Kuipers today in the game involving Brazil and Costa Rica.

I actually thought he should have booked Neymar for his pathetic diving in the first half - it might have put a stop to his theatrics a lot sooner

As a ref, your first priority is player safety, got to be honest if I was on the field (and this is yet another reason I'm not) when I see someone rolling around like that, I'd make the substitution signal to the bench

"Sorry Mr Mourinho, it looks like he's seriously injured to me, I can;t have him on the field risking further injury, he obviously needs medical attention"

If I can refuse a player onto the pitch because his long underpants don't match his shorts, or his studs are wrong, then I can certainly order him off the field because his back is clearly broken in seventeen places. Player safety, number one priority

Reality check for Iceland...if you dress up for a pantomime you can't treat it like a mere party! Now they need to play like Iceland against Croatia not Icecubes!

;