The World Cup thread

What a strange game Portugal v Morocco.

Morocco dominated and had so many chances. Had they won 4-1 Portugal could have had no complaints.

Instead Portugal win 1-0 from an early goal, cling on, and they send Morocco out of the World Cup.
Isn't this classic Ronaldo though . . . frustratingly finds a way to win even when he doesn't deserve it.
I kind of hate him, but am also kind of in awe at the same time.

What I don’t like seeing is a player for Uruguay goes down rolling around with Saudi Arabia are attacking in the Uruguay half and Saudi Arabia players kicks it out so player can receive treatment.

Next thing no treatment needed as player just gets up magically recovered.

What I don’t like seeing is a player for Uruguay goes down rolling around with Saudi Arabia are attacking in the Uruguay half and Saudi Arabia players kicks it out so player can receive treatment.

Next thing no treatment needed as player just gets up magically recovered.
You could replace "Uruguay" in that statement with most of the teams in the World Cup. Some of the injury simulation is plain embarrassing.

The Portugese players that do any hard work don't get a mention by our Commentators/pundits - just gushing over an out of form Ronaldo.
If only those countries like Morocco could add finishing skills to their excellent performances he would not get away with his luck!
But we cant take away from him his goal scoring feats even when he is quiet!:nopity:

Several of my best friends of are Persian descent so I have a vested interested in Iran games but I thought they were a little unlucky to not come out of that with a point.

Hard to argue with that. Spain can have 80% possession if they like but they didn't create many clear chances. Iran had a couple of great chances and the goal disallowed.

That late header for Iran has to be going in though. A good showing, that has to worry Spain and Spanish fans.

That late header for Iran has to be going in though. A good showing, that has to worry Spain and Spanish fans.

Yeah it wasn’t as easy as it might have looked, but when you set up like that, you need your striker to take the one chance.

What’ll be interesting with Spain is how teams will set up against them later in the tournament. A Germany, Brazil or even England taking the game to them might play into their hands, but a counter-attacking Mexico might a real problem!

Bring back the klaxon horns,football rattles, bells etc back to our grounds and cut out the music blaring out, that would bring back-a natural football atmosphere created by the fans.

Mind you might need to duck with a rattle swinging around. :grinning:

;