Their fans

Red_till_im_ded

Fans' Favourite
Hats off to their fans for their support. Proper support that. 800 of them and they didn't stop for the whole game , even at 2 down. Totally outsung our home support which was poor yesterday.
Our problem is we don't have any songs. The best and loudest were Eddie songs. We now have Allez, Allez. Red flag and barmy army. Need some new songs that everyone can join in with and then some fans who can be bothered to sing again.

They were excellent. They’ve been through hell in recent years and deserve all the good times they get.

We still have plenty of songs - and some new ones - but it’s weird how they don’t travel home from away games. The good old “up the football league we go” plus a great Scott Parker one, Jaidon Anthony’s inherited Bego’s… never got an airing yesterday.

Our fans at home seem so passive for most of the time. We weren't short of good opportunities to have a good sing song yesterday. We need a long term song - featuring legends and stories - Pugh, McDougall, Ake, Eddie, Great Escapes 1 and 2, Championship champions, Fletch, etc. Come on songsmiths, bolt some of that lot together with a nonsense chorus and away we go! Oh, and make sure our drummer has loads of stamina.

Our crowd has almost always been too polite, laid back and fairly quiet.
They have proved at times that they can match anyone...as with the Bolton night..and other big games.
Now then..Our away support noise appears to be phenomenal !
Its a bit of a mystery tbh!

In many parts of the North Stand these days you almost get looked upon as an idiot if you get up out of your seat and start trying to urge the team on. So many passive fans sitting on their hands, and I am not talking just about the oldies here. There are plenty of younger supporters who prefer to sit there, texting their mates and informing us that Brum have just got their 4th at Luton. Get behind the bloody team.

I was impressed with their fans too. Much better than West Brom’s. Agree we were quieter yesterday, night games are generally much better. To be fair to Parker, he said that the players didn’t give us much to go on in the second half.

Edited to add that it’s easier to generate an atmosphere away when some of our most vocal and passionate supporters are concentrated together. We’re all a bit too spread out at home. But agree that anyone able to sing should take responsibility for trying to help the team.

Saw a tweet saying the club should organise the singing section. Whatever happened to fans doing it themselves?
They would have to switch their phones off for that Rob.
Round where I sit in the North Stand there have been quite a few new faces this season and a few missing ones. May change after holiday season is over. There are also a few that I would imagine haven't renewed season tickets so seats are up for grabs on a match by match basis.
The look on some of their faces when you actually try and get behind the team is priceless, you would think you are at the bloody Royal Ballet or something.

Last edited:
Our fans at home seem so passive for most of the time. We weren't short of good opportunities to have a good sing song yesterday. We need a long term song - featuring legends and stories - Pugh, McDougall, Ake, Eddie, Great Escapes 1 and 2, Championship champions, Fletch, etc. Come on songsmiths, bolt some of that lot together with a nonsense chorus and away we go! Oh, and make sure our drummer has loads of stamina.

Here's my attempt. To the tune of the Allez Allez Allez song liverpool sing...

We've been around the country
from Grimsby to Chelsea

From minus 17 points
Up to the premier league

Macdougall, Howe and Pitman
Daniels, Fletch and Pugh

We're AFC Bournemouth
And we come from League two

Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allex Allez
Etc.

Our crowd has almost always been too polite, laid back and fairly quiet.
They have proved at times that they can match anyone...as with the Bolton night..and other big games.
Now then..Our away support noise appears to be phenomenal !
Its a bit of a mystery tbh!
Every single team up and down the country has better away support then they do home. Its part of being an away fan outsinging the home support. The beer from 7 in the morning onwards does alot to help too.

At the end of the game we were treated to some deafening music. This drowned the fans out.

Maybe try some games with no pre match music. I know in the PL there are strict rules about pre match stuff, but I hope that doesn’t apply to the championship.

Loud music pre match silences the fans. The club don’t need to organise the fans, they need to let the fans self organise.

At the end of the game we were treated to some deafening music. This drowned the fans out.

Maybe try some games with no pre match music. I know in the PL there are strict rules about pre match stuff, but I hope that doesn’t apply to the championship.

Loud music pre match silences the fans. The club don’t need to organise the fans, they need to let the fans self organise.
But the point is they dont want the fans to self organise. I know I think the fans should do more, but the club (all clubs) deliberately use the loud music as a form of keeping the fans quiet.

How about this as an updated version of Eddie had a dream

Bournemouth is our team, on minus 17 we had no money so we signed our players on lone.
We play from the back with pace in attack
From Dean Court in Dorset the Cherries fight Back

In many parts of the North Stand these days you almost get looked upon as an idiot if you get up out of your seat and start trying to urge the team on. So many passive fans sitting on their hands, and I am not talking just about the oldies here. There are plenty of younger supporters who prefer to sit there, texting their mates and informing us that Brum have just got their 4th at Luton. Get behind the bloody team.

i sit right in the middle of the North Stand and it is progressively becoming an extension of the family stand. There were at least 5 under 10’s sat within 10 yds of me yesterday. Great to get kids in to watch Bournemouth - but it’s no great surprise that any NS atmosphere is disappearing when it’s full of mums and dads trying to keep their sprogs entertained.

;