They’re Circling !

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-told-to-re-sign-former-player-who-would-be-perfect-for-lampard

Dutchman talking to a Dutch publication, about a Dutch player says:

'Chelsea scout Piet de Visser has urged the club to re-sign former defender Nathan Ake, saying that the centre-back would thrive with the guidance of Frank Lampard. .......
“Ake should have played for Chelsea by now. He’s so good,” the scout said.

How often does he not score with his head? He has timing and insight. I hope they buy him back. That boy is perfect for them and he has played with Lampard.”...........................'

de Visser appears to think Aké is a forward, from his comment.

It's fluff. Just some guff in the lead up to Chelsea vs. Ajax with fillers on Dutch players in the Premier League ('look at us, aren't we wonderful...')

The story in Den Nederlands also has him as being sold for £30 millions and mentions that Aké played with Lampard and therefore should be brought back :rolleyes:

Disappointing to see Boruc and Ake’s Mrs like the story on Instagram though.

Given Boruc's personality, and the fact Ake's girl loves it down here, might they be liking it with an element of schadenfreude, as in "haha, look what you missed"

I don't know why anyone thinks a top 6 club will come calling for EH. He's done an incredible job with AFCB but we're still a bottom half of the PL club as you might expect with the players we have, there are still games in which we look average at best (Norwich) and there are still times when EH looks like he's still learning to manage at this level. If we're challenging for 7th at the end of the season I'll be happy to eat my words, but in the meantime I'd have thought the most likely next step up would be somewhere like Everton, Newcastle of West Ham, but as others have said, why give up what he has here for the managerial merry-go-round of any of those clubs? Maybe in a year or two.

I don't know why anyone thinks a top 6 club will come calling for EH. He's done an incredible job with AFCB but we're still a bottom half of the PL club as you might expect with the players we have, there are still games in which we look average at best (Norwich) and there are still times when EH looks like he's still learning to manage at this level. If we're challenging for 7th at the end of the season I'll be happy to eat my words, but in the meantime I'd have thought the most likely next step up would be somewhere like Everton, Newcastle of West Ham, but as others have said, why give up what he has here for the managerial merry-go-round of any of those clubs? Maybe in a year or two.
To get a top club he would have to show he can play a system other than 4-4-2. Charmingly parochial for us but, as we are finding out now the championship squad has retired, players that haven’t grown up with it won’t look anywhere as near effective playing it.

@Johnny Comelately and Toronto John appear to share more than just a name on here. I was having the exact same thoughts. Before I see the overall poaching of our best players and beloved management, I'd like to see us doing something really special ... realizing the full potential that I think we all believe is there. Some may say that 5 years in the PL (hopefully going on 6) is special in itself, and we have seen a number of teams fall back down a level or two in a much shorter time frame. However, I had the same benchmark in mind .... 7th place - with 50-55 points and a really good cup run. Then, let's back up the Brinks truck, collect out 150M for our best players, and start afresh.

Another thought;
Was listening to some Canadian pundits on radio. It is my opinion that these guys only see the "smaller teams" occasionally, and certainly don't follow them like we do on here. I heard two observations about the Cherries:
1) They play good football.
2) They leak goals like a sieve.
It occurs to me to say that that was Cherries 1.0. Can we actually say that this applies to the team as it is now constituted?

@Johnny Comelately Before I see the overall poaching of our best players and beloved management, I'd like to see us doing something really special ... realizing the full potential that I think we all believe is there. Some may say that 5 years in the PL (hopefully going on 6) is special in itself, and we have seen a number of teams fall back down a level or two in a much shorter time frame. However, I had the same benchmark in mind .... 7th place - with 50-55 points and a really good cup run. Then, let's back up the Brinks truck, collect out 150M for our best players?

100% this. This comes from you joining the clubs fan base recently so you are not dogged with the subservient mentality a small section of our fans have.
We have lost one player we wanted to keep and had 400m of TV money we have not been shy in spending. Before the season started we all agreed this was one hell of a squad we had. The evangelists have quickly though hilariously revised this to it being a transitional squad (despite no one leaving).

This squad should in no way get relegated and I don’t think anyone expects that? Therefore when playing in a league you can’t win you should entertain and have a right good go at everyone especially in the cups. Create more memories before we wave goodbye to some players.

instead we have just become this narrow minded safety first team who had lost its zest and darent risk anyone getting tired or injured. It’s a shame as what characterised Eddies early years was football at its very bravest, incredible at times and the highest form of entertainment. Time to plug that back in for me... let’s not become one of those Southampton/ Brighton type teams looking to play the percentages.

I mentioned on another thread that Eddie&Jason have turned down Saints, Everton (after Koeman left) & Liverpool (When Rodgers got sacked) in recent years and there is only 1 job they would take - England.

I mentioned on another thread that Eddie&Jason have turned down Saints, Everton (after Koeman left) & Liverpool (When Rodgers got sacked) in recent years and there is only 1 job they would take - England.
...that’s okay then ! thanks for confirming it!

Wow.... Neil will be shocked to hear of this.....:rolleyes:

They didn’t though. The only one of those that has any element of truth to it is the Saints one and that is when we were both in league one. You are either turning spurious tabloid rumours into gospel or making things up with that one.

Sorry, no.

Why swap an almost unsackable position at a very good salary for the perilous manager-go-round that is the Prem with what would be a very short-lived increase in money?
I believe he'd be off anyway if someone like a Spurs came in for him, he's ambitious and it wouldn't be about salary for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ake is probably our best player, perhaps our best ever. It's easy to get protective over your best player. Chelsea right now are not the lightyears ahead of us on the pitch as you would have thought a few years ago. He's one they let get away. So it's not surprising to hear him touted for a return.

Boruc has probably spent many hours working on defensive drills (I hear you sniggering) with the bloke, so would probably be quite pleased to see him progress. And Ake's misses, as much as I'm sure she loves Sandbanks, probably wouldn't mind the WAG scene in London either (doubling her fella's income).

If it happens and the price is right, I'd be gutted but so be it. It proves our 'stepping stone if you're good enough' credentials to the next talented up and coming players we look for.

Last edited:
100% this. This comes from you joining the clubs fan base recently so you are not dogged with the subservient mentality a small section of our fans have.

Give it a rest ffs.
and had 400m of TV money we have not been shy in spending. Before the season started we all agreed this was one hell of a squad we had. The evangelists have quickly though hilariously revised this to it being a transitional squad (despite no one leaving).
It is transitional . Name the new signings who should have hit the ground running on a PL stage ?....oh look the TV money gambit...yep we spent the whole lot on transfers ...not
instead we have just become this narrow minded safety first team who had lost its zest and darent risk anyone getting tired or injured.
Massively selective as usual just like your ten month doom period.

Last edited:
Give it a rest ffs.

It is is transitional . Name the new signings who should have hit the ground running on a PL stage ?....oh look the TV money gambit...yep we spent the whole lot on transfers ...not

Massively selective as usual just like your ten month doom period.

Well said red house....my eyes rolled when I saw Neil wade in there! I keep saying it...everytime someone goes on about how much we may have spent [ still one of the lower net spenders I believe ]...we need to realise every other club spends their TV money too. I think our league positions have pretty much matched where our spending should have us finish?

As for Eddie....he's not ready for an absolute top job yet....I doubt he'll be offered one either at the minute...I doubt he would want to leave us for another club that was no better than us on the pitch, with a less secure position....I also feel that one day, he could either leave us for the England job [ which I think will be offered before a big six position arrives ]....or maybe even overseas.

Well said red house....my eyes rolled when I saw Neil wade in there! I keep saying it...everytime someone goes on about how much we may have spent [ still one of the lower net spenders I believe ]...we need to realise every other club spends their TV money too. I think our league positions have pretty much matched where our spending should have us finish?

As for Eddie....he's not ready for an absolute top job yet....I doubt he'll be offered one either at the minute...I doubt he would want to leave us for another club that was no better than us on the pitch, with a less secure position....I also feel that one day, he could either leave us for the England job [ which I think will be offered before a big six position arrives ]....or maybe even overseas.
He's only doing it to wind you up. No-one could be that negative apart from Minty.

;