Thierry Henry

there's no standout candidate so wouldn't the sensible thing to do be to let JW finish the season, see where we end up and then make the next appointment from there?
I mean, given how precarious the club's finances are the next appointment could need be one with a working knowledge of league one
Do you think Thierry's ever heard of league one?

Blimey, just when I thought certain poster's couldn't post much more negative spin than I've read recently, Up pops this little beauty going on about League 1.

Just don't go asking Woodgate if you can give a motivational pep talk to the lads before Saturday's game tho eh.

Cue the 'we're realists' brigade to turn up any minute.

there's no standout candidate so wouldn't the sensible thing to do be to let JW finish the season, see where we end up and then make the next appointment from there?
I mean, given how precarious the club's finances are the next appointment could need be one with a working knowledge of league one
Do you think Thierry's ever heard of league one?
Christ no.........imagine having to watch that for another 16 games!.......i'd rather give it to anybody other than Woodgate tbh......i mean if we are going to play pulisball we might as well get the real thing rather than the lite version.

With Max's support we rose to the promised land.

Who could not be grateful for his faith and backing of Eddie & Jason - and the lower league stalwarts who have brought us to the present day - one where we now think of championship life as failure !.

In reality it is ! , we all know that - small ground, little tv money & covid into the bargain = heading south.

Star dust player credentials of TH though - is this really us ? - commercially a great short term move for club I guess - the interest will bring revenue, but worry it could be about getting a sale of the club for good bucks at the cost of stability a few years down the line.

Personally I'd go for JW or Wagner.

But in Max we trust.

Blimey, just when I thought certain poster's couldn't post much more negative spin than I've read recently, Up pops this little beauty going on about League 1.

Just don't go asking Woodgate if you can give a motivational pep talk to the lads before Saturday's game tho eh.

Cue the 'we're realists' brigade to turn up any minute.

sorry love but (apparently) the money's run out
did you not get Al's memo?

With Max's support we rose to the promised land.

Who could not be grateful for his faith and backing of Eddie & Jason - and the lower league stalwarts who have brought us to the present day - one where we now think of championship life as failure !.

In reality it is ! , we all know that - small ground, little tv money & covid into the bargain = heading south.

Star dust player credentials of TH though - is this really us ? - commercially a great short term move for club I guess - the interest will bring revenue, but worry it could be about getting a sale of the club for good bucks at the cost of stability a few years down the line.

Personally I'd go for JW or Wagner.

But in Max we trust.
Let's face it, we will have to roll with it, whatever happens.
Henry would be a massive boost to the club's profile in the short term.
Whether or not that works out to our advantage in the longer term is written in the stars. It could be a masterstroke ( some disillusioned Ligue 1 billionaire owner comes in because he prefers a slice of the PL pie to a slice of a bankrupt league ) or it could be a total disaster ( we are forced to sack him in the summer and then get on the Watford manager merry-go-round of at least two managers per season until we end up back in League Two ).
For the sake of our sanity we should all just sit back and enjoy the freaking ride.
:smoke:

Having watched all matches so far this season including the ones we won, I have reached the conclusion that our squad is just not good enough to challenge for promotion. The great majority of games have been stressful to watch and if it wasn’t for Begovic we would be in the relegation zone. We have been extremely lucky to get many of points accrued thus far and our play has been laboured and disjointed.

Having watched all matches so far this season including the ones we won, I have reached the conclusion that our squad is just not good enough to challenge for promotion. The great majority of games have been stressful to watch and if it wasn’t for Begovic we would be in the relegation zone. We have been extremely lucky to get many of points accrued thus far and our play has been laboured and disjointed.

Had we appointed an above average manager for this division, we'd be pushing top 2 this season. Players are easily talented enough.

Remember how crap and lack lustre players looked under Groves in League 1 before Howe returned? A good manager makes a huge difference.

Nigel Pearson would be my choice, the man who put that great Leicester City team together which Ranieri took all the credit for. He also did a great job at Watford before getting the push for speaking his mind. Perhaps he would be too outspoken for the afcb board liking.

A well reasoned post.

Ignore my last comment.

Nigel Pearson would be my choice, the man who put that great Leicester City team together which Ranieri took all the credit for. He also did a great job at Watford before getting the push for speaking his mind. Perhaps he would be too outspoken for the afcb board liking.
Mine too, but he might not have applied.

Is there not One player in the dressing room that can challenge the others with..
.. "right guys are we gonna show this Div how good we are or what"...." come on we can still do it"...or is it down to the fact they are so comfortable money-wise that they really are not that bothered.
16 games and dropping...that's all any manager has got to pull it together....from Saturday !..and of course, maybe another few in the play-offs.
If its Henry..the Hype will have to settle pretty damn quick.. and the promotion drive to get into top gear from the off!

but it's not really a manager thing, though, is it
it's the players, most of them aren't really that good
Well yeah t's been the players all season.....they are certainly capable of playing better football than this though.....we've seen it this season tbf.....at least i knew what JT was trying to do even if it didn't always work......i'd like for someone to tell me what our game plan was for the last couple of games because i've absolutely no idea.

Why is it when one particular player who happens to play well (overlooking mistakes in critical games during the losing streak) then we are extremely lucky because he's a keeper, but when another team has goal scorer playing extremely well that's then thoroughly deserved. When a player plays well and earns results that's just deserved full stop.

;