Thierry Henry

"Fans moaning about world up winning legend, all time great winner of just about everything becoming next manager.

Wonder all those years ago , if Preston fans thought that when Bobby Charlton became manager ?
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah been there, stayed the weekend and did the Bampton mile, house, chippy, pub, house, chippy, pub, house, chippy, pub. Went for a Ruby after and Chris Kamara was on the next table :) Great crack. Must have been about 2002ish
Went into one pub and the dj console was a bloody great speedboat! :ROFLMAO:

"Fans moaning about world up winning legend, all time great winner of just about everything becoming next manager.

Wonder all those years ago , if Preston fans thought that when Bobby Charlton became manager ?
:ROFLMAO:

Two world-cup winning brothers, retiring at the same time and moving into management. Who'd a thunk the hoofer at the back would become the managerial success story of the 90s.

Other than Wagner, can someone tell me a manager they would want that they think is an “experienced” manager, and who wants to play the “style of football” which so many of here want?

As said previously, only 1 manager out the current to 6, has been promoted from this league before.

We need to start somewhere, and if we’re luckily enough to have one of the worlds best ever strikers on board, let’s embrace that.

Other than Wagner, can someone tell me a manager they would want that they think is an “experienced” manager, and who wants to play the “style of football” which so many of here want?

As said previously, only 1 manager out the current to 6, has been promoted from this league before.

We need to start somewhere, and if we’re luckily enough to have one of the worlds best ever strikers on board, let’s embrace that.

Pearson or Ismael for me... If we can afford to bring in Henry, we can afford to pay off Barnsley for Ismael.

Pearson or Ismael for me... If we can afford to bring in Henry, we can afford to pay off Barnsley for Ismael.

He might want to stay at Barnsley as they have given him a chance.

Not sure his name has been mentioned other than on here and the odd football website.

So many ifs and buts, at the end of the day the club will make the decision after they have spoken to Henry and that will be that until we get an announcement of who it is.

Henry hasn't had any real success as a manager yet but who knows maybe we are the club that will click with him. Part of the problem nowadays is you just dont get much time in the job as it’s Instant success or the boot. Alex Ferguson had a difficult start to his man utd career. As a player Henry won everything and is the best striker I’ve seen in the prem maybe he can at least help to forwards especially Solanke who I think has potential

Henry hasn't had any real success as a manager yet but who knows maybe we are the club that will click with him. Part of the problem nowadays is you just dont get much time in the job as it’s Instant success or the boot. Alex Ferguson had a difficult start to his man utd career. As a player Henry won everything and is the best striker I’ve seen in the prem maybe he can at least help to forwards especially Solanke who I think has potential

100%.

These “up and coming”?’manager need to be given an opportunity at some stage. Gerrard went straight into Rangers, Lampard did “okay” and I’m sure most of us would have had him.

Henry must be confident in his own ability and wouldn’t take the job if he didn’t think he could do well. The easy option is staying in the MLS.

IF, it does happen, let’s think positive. Our forward players must be jumping at the chance to play for one of the best players to ever play in this country.

There is no such thing as an “experienced” championship manager. I’m not sure there’s many managers who have been promoted from the Champ, who have gone on for successful careers elsewhere in the last 5 years?

We need to start somewhere!

UTCIAD

Our of interest because I haven't got a clue, how are Montreal in comparison to the rest of the league? Regardless of Mr Henry being there, would you say they're over or under performing?

Against my team Philadelphia they were always a one man team with Piatti. He always destroyed us. Solid team usually in contention for the playoffs but never consistent.

Problem is Henry brought no identity. They played the same inconsistent soccer. He really changed nothing. In fact they got slightly worse under him.

Woodgate has got us winning games, but we are playing unattractive football. Henry might encourage a different high pressing sexy type of football ?
But maybe we should ask ourselves what do we want ? Lose in style or grind out narrow wins.
IMHO opinion Woodgate should be rewarded with a short term contract until the end of the season. If we are promoted, then we have the summer to appoint a Premiership manager. Everyone's a winner. JW improves his CV, Bournemouth get a manager of note for a new era ?

Thought fact Al said it was going to be someone not mentioned before, looks like another one he's got wrong

1. That was a twitter post, first posted 6 days ago, before Henry was mentioned.
2. I repeated that post 2 days ago. I seriously can't believe we will appoint a manager with 41 points from 44 games. Relegation form in any league in the world.

Great article. Some quotes in there that made me warm to him. Seems like he's got a good way of thinking but unfortunately hasn't followed through with results as of yet

I also liked the comments about the MLS and it’s bizarre set up. Highlights why you can’t really take much notice of the majority of the results as the “regular season” is pretty pointless.

When the majority of the season is a waste of time how can you judge him by his results record. Ignoring the kind of players he’s actually working with and coaching and trying to get the best out of.

In a way it’s akin to judging someone in charge of our development squad with zero competitive structure other than the odd cup game.

... IMHO opinion Woodgate should be rewarded with a short term contract until the end of the season. If we are promoted, then we have the summer to appoint a Premiership manager. Everyone's a winner. JW improves his CV, Bournemouth get a manager of note for a new era ?
So JW gets us promoted and then gets replaced by a Premiership (don't say it, I'm only quoting) manager.
Well that's not going to happen.

;