This seasons mentality v last

redskins

First Team
Found yesterday’s game a real pleasure to watch , a real
‘Bournemouth under Eddie ‘ performance full of desire and understanding .
A far call from the start of last season where the team were not on the same page.

Cally and King continue the green shoots of a partnership, Midfield looks ‘beefier’ with Lerma . Ake and Cook have a proper centre back partnership.
Premiership pace to the team in general.

I think this is going to be a bloody great season and I can see us pulling the pants down of quite a few teams and doing rather well . Even my step son hasn’t said we’re going down this time which he has predicted every season in the premier league.

Eddie keeps us moving forward beyond expectation and continues to inspire his great ‘team ethic’

...I think that the addition of players like Ake, Brooks,Lerma and Rico have injected some new enthusiasm into some players like Fraser and Smith (who I think is under rated for us and rarely has a bad game)

As always, EH has got players believing in themselves and he's getting the best out of them.

Whatever was going on towards the end of last season with cetain players giving each other constant stick, even when we were winning, appears to have been sorted.

The skill level throughout the team has to be seen to be believed.

I've never seen an AFCB team with this much talent in my life.

As always, EH has got players believing in themselves and he's getting the best out of them.

Whatever was going on towards the end of last season with cetain players giving each other constant stick, even when we were winning, appears to have been sorted.

The skill level throughout the team has to be seen to be believed.

I've never seen an AFCB team with this much talent in my life.

Seems a happier group for sure. With Afcb in 5th place, it maybe this will be a hard year to retain Eddie when managerial jobs come up but he must be so excited to work with the likes of four of the most promising youngsters in the prem in Fraser, brooks, ake and cook

Lewis Cook and Dan Gosling were trying to have an early debrief during the post match lap round the pitch.

Steve Cook seemed to try and tell them to just shh until they got back to the changing room.

Do not see anything wrong with chasing perfection.

Seems a happier group for sure. With Afcb in 5th place, it maybe this will be a hard year to retain Eddie when managerial jobs come up but he must be so excited to work with the likes of four of the most promising youngsters in the prem in Fraser, brooks, ake and cook

He would be foolish to go anywhere else at the moment. He’s building a club and team for the future, I’m sure he’s just as excited as the rest of us....just need the off field to follow suit.

Lewis Cook and Dan Gosling were trying to have an early debrief during the post match lap round the pitch.

Steve Cook seemed to try and tell them to just shh until they got back to the changing room.

Do not see anything wrong with chasing perfection.

Last season it seemed to go beyond that, amongst others, Wilson, King and Moussett appeared to fall out big time towards the end of the season.

It was interesting to see who joined in with who for goal celebrations as well.

Save it for the changing room indeed, happy smiley players make for happy smiley fans.

Reactions: DJ
Huge squad now aswell so should only get better for us as the season goes on. Big few next games, we could be basically safe by the end of October.

Indeed. Not sure Ater or Afobe contributed that much to team spirit 12 months ago plus the Defoe deal probably ruffled a few feathers in the wallets pocket of the older hands in the side.

Lots of smiles and hugs these days. Ake and Cook at core seem to have a big team ethic which is a springboard.

Love the journey!

“Even my step son hasn’t said we’re going down this time which he has predicted every season in the premier league.”

Any chance you could get him to change his mind? :grinning:

Yesterday reminded me of the promotion seasons, as with 3 minutes to go and 4-0 up we were trying to score the fifth as if we were losing 1 0 in a cup final.
Completely agree. Probably one of the best all round performances since we’ve been in the top flight.

Charging forwards the last 10 minutes was maybe something we need to take a look at as teams will punish you if you give them the chances.

;