Thoughts on the match V Sheff Utd

Yeah I thought the contact started and ended outside the box, solanke momentum took him into the area. I have not analyzed it so would like to see it again

I can think of an example. Beating QPR at home. Eddie sends on Brett Pitman as we defend a corner in injury time. With his only touch of the game, Brett heads it off the line to salvage the win. Is that a 10/10?
Interesting debate. A keeper who has nothing to do but catch some crosses which they do is also technically a 10… however… a score to me is an impact on a result over 90 mins

Interesting debate. A keeper who has nothing to do but catch some crosses which they do is also technically a 10… however… a score to me is an impact on a result over 90 mins
yeah it is interesting. you could also see a player scoring a perfect hattrick and playing a blinder for 70 mins, getting subbed to save their legs and being MoM.

These marks are a helpful guide for fans who didn’t go and a good source of debate for fans who did. No need to mock posters who put effort into give their opinion. We get the idea meps helped us over the line by giving him an 8 - whereas 6 implies he was just ok. I am comfortable with 8 mark.

Expected goals has us about 15th at the moment, so we're statistically over performing by quite some distance and over the season it will even out so providing we stay at a similar level we’ll slide some way down the table. Added to the fact Fulham got progressively more turgid under Parker as they got closer to Christmas and into early 2020, he’s not got Mitrović to bail him out of the hole he might find himself in.
I'm just starting this thread, so I am assuming you rightly got slaughtered for this horseshit, but just in case, no, there is no just in case, just **************** off

Bumbles used to run a secret after hours called "The Knacker's Yard" - you only knew about if you could unravel the secret cipher in the Exchange & Mart's "Bric-A-Brac" section and boy you could get kicked in the balls all manner of ways in there. The Warren Aspinall machine was a crowd favourite.

…am I missing something? Why would anyone want to “try” and get kicked in the bollox by a horse?

It's only bloody scratch tbf.....try getting kicked in the bollox by a horse..... he'd have something to moan about imo.
I agree !! These type of scratches are part and parcel of a fast moving sport.
I use to get worse scratches than that going blackberry picking with my mum

No doubt about it now for me, this current team / squad are a whole lot better at grinding out a win than any of the other combinations we’ve seen over the last six or seven years.

But is that down to the players or the manager?

It’s way too early to compare him to Eddie, but I can’t see us having Scotty in charge for as many seasons as we did with Ed as these performances will have already caught the eye of those in charge of certain teams who are experiencing continued troubled times.

I also worry about the point where the club will have no option but to stop matching Scotty’s ambitions with the level of investment in players that he will want to progress the team in whichever league we’re in.

I guess we just have to enjoy what we’re watching and hope that we don’t join the likes of West Brom and Norwich in being an ‘up-down’ team in future years.

Why isn't that the best way of seeing a game out? We've accumulated sh*t loads of points doing just that even if one day we end up drawing.

Exactly! Probability is a team or 2 will come back at some point, but if we didn't employ our current tactics sides may have have equalised a lot more often so far.

Here's the xG timeline.

On the radio it sounded a tight game, which the stats support for a lot of the game. The big chances for us were Dom's scramble just after half time and the penalty. Billing's goal was ranked about 1 in 11 which looked a little low, but it was a good finish. Zemura's effort about the same.

For the Blades, there was the Sharp chance after Kelly's mistake, the goal itself and the Mousset header (he really should have scored) / McBurnie follow up.

Shef U.JPG

;